+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: CSI

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Re: CSI

I've always said I'd keep watching as long as GEORGE EADS was still on the show. Somewhere along the line, the writers got it into their pointy little heads that Nick Stokes can never be happy and content for more than an episode. If this season turns out to be as angsty as the first episode, I may have to break my promise.
    canadian_angel likes this.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

I still like the show & I liked the premier. I liked that the storyline was wrapped up at the end of the episode. I'm just getting sick of all these ongoing cliffhangers. I prefer a beginning, a middle, & an end to my episodes.

At this point I like the cast, although I still miss Grissom, and Elizabeth Shue's character still irritates me.

One thing I did notice is that with Catherine gone it just doesn't seem as Vegasy. This could have taken place in any large city. With Catherine there Vegas was like a character in the show. I liked that. That's been part of this CSI version's appeal. I hope they can still hold on to that feel, but this episode didn't.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

anyone watch last night?

I think they were trying too hard last night, I didnt really like this ep. and I cant put my finger on why. The Greg thing was just too odd for me, like it came out of left field. There wasnt much Shue tho. Maybe I was just too tired, but I just didnt like it.
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield

I had it on, but didn't really follow it - something was just off about the entire episode. I used to never want to miss a second and I found myself not caring at all. What I did see I didn't like.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Is the new woman now hitting on Greg? I thought she liked the weird lab guy whose mom is dating her dad...

Maybe Greg is going to be the "history of Vegas" person that Catherine was because she grew up there.

I liked this week's episode. The "Old Vegas" ones have always been my favorites. I think there were a few things that made it seem a little off.
    One was that the victim was kind of an afterthought. Usually they go a little more in depth into the victim & his/her actions.
    Another was that no one there really has any ties to old Vegas any more now that Catherine's gone. Her whole background & even part of her present were strongly old Vegas.
    Another was that DB & Brass & the Doc had minimal parts in this episode. Usually they are prominently featured.

As to Greg, they've shown his interest quite a few times before about old Vegas, especially the crimes & criminal element, so he was the logical person to put it all together. The problem is he just doesn't have the connection Catherine did.

All in all, I'm glad they are keeping the show "Vegasy". That's what sets it apart from other CSI's, & other shows for that matter.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Is the new woman now hitting on Greg? I thought she liked the weird lab guy whose mom is dating her dad...

Maybe Greg is going to be the "history of Vegas" person that Catherine was because she grew up there.
    The blonde? She said that the lab guy is her best friend. I think they bonded over their parents back when his mother showed up at CSI and he asked Morgan to pretend to be his girlfriend. Greg liked her when she first came on the scene, then that storyline kind of fizzled. I'm hoping that's where they are headed. I think they'd be adorable together.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    The blonde? She said that the lab guy is her best friend. I think they bonded over their parents back when his mother showed up at CSI and he asked Morgan to pretend to be his girlfriend. Greg liked her when she first came on the scene, then that storyline kind of fizzled. I'm hoping that's where they are headed. I think they'd be adorable together.
    Yeah, but I thought for a bit there that she was actually looking at the lab guy as more than a friend...maybe it was that show where her dad was shot and she was all upset and he was there for her... That would be original, more so than having the 2 cute people hook up. Of course they've the lab guy such a jerk it's hard to go there.

yeah, she seems to really like Hodges (didn't they share a kiss...??). Sanders - I dont' know, maybe they've decided to pair them?
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

AAAWWWW - Nick and Sam

what a great episode.
    AmyKay and JavaJo like this.

+ Reply to Thread