+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: CSI

Re: CSI

8? That's a kiss of death. I'm betting this will be the last season of CSI NY. Most people aren't home by 8pm on a Friday night.......well except for me of course!
    Little Sew&Sew likes this.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

I had the same thought - about it probably being the last season. Moving it to 8 o'clock won't change anything for me as I usually dvr the show anyway. If I am home to watch, there won't be any competition from any of the other channels (imho) . . . . Shark Tank, Whitney, Touch and ANTM. I've never watched the first three listed and with no more Nigel or either Jay, I am done with Tyra and her trying-to-still-be-relevant show.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

From Ausiello . . . news about George Eads character for the upcoming season:

Click to see Spoiler:
    Despite threatening to quit in the finale, Nick remains part of the team when the show returns on Sept. 26 — but just barely. “Emotionally, we will find Nick in a very dark place in the premiere,” previews exec producer Don McGill. “He really is in an existential crisis, where he is wondering what the purpose of his mission as a CSI really is and whether it’s worth all the pain, suffering and hours [considering] the bad guys sometimes do get away despite your best efforts. We will be carrying that thematically throughout the season. He will be struggling with his conscience in a way.”

The link, if you want to read all the spoilers: ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Spoilers Season 8 — Plus Spoilers on ‘Glee,’ ‘Gossip Girl’ and More! - TVLine

CSI - the Vegas variety - begins new episodes next Wednesday (September 26th).

CSI - the New York variety - begins new episodes next Friday (September 28th)
    AmyKay and Debb70 like this.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I was trying to hop from Grimm to CSI NY as both were "new to me", with most focus on Grimm, which might actually have been new.Anyway, on CSI NY Mack was shot and dying. I had heard rumors he was leaving the show... did he die in the end? He was having all these deep conversations with people in their heads whenever I tuned in. I missed one with Sela Ward though, if there was one... wonder what was said.
    Thanks for your help!
    8pm, are they kidding? There really is no more "family hour"!

They re-ran the last episode of CSI NY. Mack woke up in the end because his dead wife told him he wasn't invited to come with her and he needed to just be happy. The end of the episode shows him coming to a crime scene and everyone smiling and happy he was back. Gary Sinease (sp?) has been posting pics from the set of the new season of NY on his face book page.
    Yup, with donuts!!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Thanks very much, bug. Did he ever have one of his dead conversations with Sela? I keep thinking she will be a love interest for him, but when I've tuned in that doesn't seem to be so. Glad he didn't leave the show...I had heard rumors he was.

The "Vegas" edition of CSI begins tonight . . . . . and will be immediately preempted next week by the Presidential Debate!

This show no longer has the same feel that made me tune in each week and the season premiere was just meh. I'm not an Elisabeth Shue fan and she brings nothing interesting to the show. In fact she did the unthinkable and made me actually start to like Jorja Fox in comparison, so I definitely know it's time to move on . I do like the girl who plays Ecklies daughter but with Grissom and Catherine gone, the show just doesn't have the same appeal. Ted Danson is alright but I think I'll move on and just come back for the series finale, whenever that may be, to see how it all wraps up.
    Last edited by ArchieComic Fan; 09-27-2012 at 09:54 AM.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

Shue bugs me.

Overall not a bad premiere.

I'm soooo glad Catherine is gone - but I'll always miss Grissom, but I like Danson far more than I ever liked Fishburne.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

+ Reply to Thread