+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 45 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: CSI: New York

Jay

CSI: New York

Anyone catch the premiere last night? I liked it. Gary Sinise was fabulous. Advice to David Caruso, watch Sinise to see a real actor perform.

Hey, Jay. I liked it, too. I never liked CSI Miami and the original CSI seemed to be running out of steam last season, so is going to be a great replacement. Gary Sinise is awesome.

(Minor threadjack - I watched L&O afterwards, and Dennis Farina was great as Jerry Orbach's replacement. Pretty hot for an old guy, too.)
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I watched as well, and I really liked the premiere episode. Sinise really made me feel what Mac Taylor felt in certain scenes. The episode was dark and Se7en-ish

Mr. Texie said you can't judge the success of the show on one episode, but I have high hopes it does well.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

Jay
    The one character I may not like is Vanessa Ferlito. I hope she isn't there strictly for window dressing and only stands around pouting with those enormous lips.

PS to Jane : I'm glad Farina is an able replacement for Orbach, who was great. I will definitely check it out.

I loved the show last night!! I hear that CSI:NY is going to be more character driven.
    I got all sniffly when Taylor was at Ground Zero so sad - you just knew they had to acknowledge 9/11 in some way. Taylor is a sympathetic character and I look forward to getting to know him better. I thought Sinise and Kanakaredis worked well together - I've missed her since Providence went off the air.
    The whole premise of last night's show was down right creepy - if the writers are pulling this stuff from real life it makes it all the more creepy.
    I do have a few issues with the show last night though...
    why would the doctor 'start' with his intended victim? Wouldn't he have perfected his technique BEFORE trying it on his intended?
    And - as cool as the computer triangulation on the photograph was .. they entered Zoya's height as 5'9 - as it says in the report but she was in a crouch while she was blowing the kiss .. 2 feet of difference while making a triangulation could put them on the wrong street couldn't it?
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

absolutely amazing!!

great show! I had taped CSI:Miami and watched it just prior to watching the NY one (also taped). HUGE difference. Great acting, interesting story line (although the doctor that Gary went to a few times for his opinion looks mildly evil....I kept expecting their to be a twist and have the killer be him!).

Duxxy: Good points on your quibbles. I didn't notice the height one, but was wondering why his first victim was his intended one.

It's a bird, it's a plane EXlurker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AJane
    Hey, Jay. I liked it, too. I never liked CSI Miami and the original CSI seemed to be running out of steam last season, so is going to be a great replacement. Gary Sinise is awesome.

(Minor threadjack - I watched L&O afterwards, and Dennis Farina was great as Jerry Orbach's replacement. Pretty hot for an old guy, too.)

I never liked CSI Miami either and this CSI NY exceeded my expectations. Sinise plays a great character. I like the darker tones and dialogue as well. It's a great contrast to CSI Vegas.

(Minor threadjack - I miss Briscoe )

Quote Originally Posted by Jay
    The one character I may not like is Vanessa Ferlito. I hope she isn't there strictly for window dressing and only stands around pouting with those enormous lips.

PS to Jane : I'm glad Farina is an able replacement for Orbach, who was great. I will definitely check it out.
    Yay, someone agrees with me. Those lips really bugged me last night
    Reality leaves a lot to the imagination. ~John Lennon

Write for HubPages.

Quote Originally Posted by AJane

I was very happy with Dennis Farina too. I am glad they didn't replace Lenny with a young guy.
    Reality leaves a lot to the imagination. ~John Lennon

Write for HubPages.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 45 1234567891011 ... LastLast