+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 45 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: CSI: New York

Csi:ny

I don't know if anyone's been watching this but it's actually really good. Gary Sinese at his best and Melina looks better than ever. I still remember her from "Providence". Tonight's was very interesting and the end was very touching. Mac (Sinese) and his team try to solve 2 murders apparently committed by the same person. When they search the suspect's house, they find a third girl but she's still alive (barely). In the hospital, Mac starts to talk to her after being told she was in a coma. She blinks leading him to believe that she'll be able to communicate in this way. It comes out that the condition she has is some weird thing called "Lock-in syndrome" which I won't even attempt to explain here. If you saw it you'll know. Mac goes back and asks her to answer his questions by blinking her eyes. Twice for yes and Once for no. He shows her a series of pictures and when he shows her a picture of who they think is the perp, she blinks rapidly leading Mac to believe that she was identifying the man in the picture as the one who did this. What was actually happening was she was having a stroke. She is now brain-dead. They finally discover that the perp is actually one of the victim's host father. She came over from Russia and the host parents are also Russian (Her sponsors). He confesses to having had sex with this girl on numerous occasions in the house where they found the 3rd girl alive. Mac goes back to visit the living victim (well, living-sort-of) and tells her about how he used to sit like that with his wife when she was in the hospital. "She died at 9/11" he says. "No one saw it coming." He proceeds to tell her that he was going through his closet last week and came across a beach ball. He remembered that it was his wife who filled it. He told the vic. that he got rid of everything that reminded him of his wife. The only thing he couldn't bring himself to toss away was the beach ball because it still had her breath in it. I'm getting choked up just typing this. The very end has Mac taking a cab to Ground Zero and standing against what looked like a memorial wall (Burying his face in the wall) The camera pans past him into the empty field and the last shot is a very beautiful shot of the star-lit night sky.
    Very moving. I've never gotten into the crime scene shows (Although I do like Law & Order SVU) But this is an incredible show. A must-see. It is on Wednesday nights at 10pm on CBS.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

The show you saw was the pilot nilesgirl.. you can read everyone's thoughts on it at the beginning of this thread.
    I loved this particular show too - although the subject matter was very disturbing.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Quote Originally Posted by Jay
    Gary Sinise was fabulous. Advice to David Caruso, watch Sinise to see a real actor perform.
    Gary Sinise is always fabulous.

Caruso is so bad; I don't know how he has gotten leads in two very popular shows. I've seen better acting from little kids doing a school play.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

I loved last night's episode. Although there was something strange about Melina's character's attitude last night. She was acting kind-of weird. Like she had been through what the rape vic had been through. Are her and Mac going to get together some day? Maybe he can get her to talk.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Not the way to go! Cracked in the head by a "crap-sicle". Last night pretty latina girl and cute italian guy (can't think of their names) investigated the death of a construction worker with a crushed skull. They noticed that there was an odd and horrible smell coming from the wound. After thorough investigation, they realized that just as the guy took off his hard hat, a plane was descending causing "blue ice" to fall from the plane. The Blue ice is actually from the toilets. Cute Italian guy says "So a giant crap-sicle killed him?". When he said that, I just !

I've watched the past few episodes and have really started to enjoy the show.
    I can't stand to look at Vanessa Ferlito though.
    Carmine Gioviazzo looked familar to me, then I looked at one of my CSI Vegas dvd's and saw that he had a bit part in one of those in an earlier season.

They are taking events from true life on that one nilesgirl
    See the Current Events forum to read the article.

fluff I agree with you - I can't stand that chick with the big lips. She looks like she's pouting all the time - either that or doing a chimpanzee impression.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

I'm glad I'm not the only one, Duxx

I'm getting used to Kanekaredes, but she still wouldn't have been on my shortlist for the role.
    Still I find her better than anything CSI Miama has to offer.
    I think that show is dire.

Anyone still watching?

I like that the ME actually jumped the line and became a rookie CSI. I'm not sure what's going on with the woman being "almost all moved in"...

I love all the CSI and LAO(SVU), NCIS, E-Ring, Rome, CIC, Desperate Housewives, ER, How I met your mother, Ghost Whisperer, Three Wishes, EM (Home Edition) and all Reality TV (yeah I know, I watch way too much TV ) but while I'm in between careers (having retired from the Military on a full pension) and looking for something else...I tape a lot of shows and watch them at my leisure! :-)

Pierre

Yup... I actually just finished watching it (taped it last night). Also loving seeing the ME out in the field. Hill Harper is fabulous in this role

I loved it when he was getting the inside scoop on how to deal with Mac

+ Reply to Thread