+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 45 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: CSI: New York

Quote Originally Posted by Jay
    The scene of the rat entering the body was grotesque.
    That's why I make sure I am never eating while watching CSI
    Reality leaves a lot to the imagination. ~John Lennon

Write for HubPages.

Melina Kanakaredes is a very beautiful woman. I like her on the show. I've been watching her in things for years.

my husband thinks Bonasera looks too much like Yelaina from CSIMiami.. too much duplication he said. I'd rank Vegas first, NY second with Miami dead last. Wednesday and Thursday nights!
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

The show is still fabulous.

I loved it, but yet, I own the first three seasons of CSI LV, and never miss CSI Miami (although I would never buy it)! I can't wait - one more day until the next episode!

I can't wait for tonight's episode of CSI: New York.

eny
    FORT Fogey
    I like Miami , and dislike NY . Of course the original is great.

I don't know what it is about NY , but I really can't get into it. I thought I would since I really like Gary Sinese.
    As for Kanakaredes ..well, go back to Guiding Light. It suits her corny acting.
    It sounds really stupid for a forensics show, but it's just too dark and depressing.The fact they have shot it in bluewash doesn't make it any more appealing. It looks gimicky . Oooo big city - dark and gloomy . Bruckheimer suddenly get a Blade Runner inspiration?

Quote Originally Posted by eny
    I like Miami , and dislike NY . Of course the original is great.

I don't know what it is about NY , but I really can't get into it. I thought I would since I really like Gary Sinese.
    Eny, you took the words right outta my mouth, though I don't dislike NY exactly. I'm having trouble getting into it, too. Maybe it's because I find the blue coloring and shadows annoying and distracting. When Miami had the episode introducing the NY cast, I was hoping the blue effects and shadows were a one-time deal. I'll continue to watch it because it is a CSI show, but on Wednesdays it takes second billing to Law & Order for me. Meaning, I watch L&O real-time while recording NY to view later.

I like CSI: NY. I hate CSI: Miami. I love CIS, the original. Gary Sinese is so good.
    Reality leaves a lot to the imagination. ~John Lennon

Write for HubPages.

I'm not sure whether it is CSI overkill, issues with past New York crime shows, or just that the show is new, but I'm finding it easy enough so far to overlook the newest entry. Then again, I didn't care much for Miami and only started watching that fairly late. I still don't care for the mousy way that the lead speaks, it makes me wish at times that I possessed the ability to throttle something more than a squeek out of him.

I'm no fan of the dark, not the way they film these shows. Perhaps I missed the episode that indicated how they are likely to observe more from a narrow beam of flashlight rather than hitting a switch and turning on the lights.

I do like the way that the different shows seem to have techinques unique to their locale, though in reality I'd assume that there would be something approaching a standard in most major metropolitan areas.

Visually, the thing I like best about CSI New York is the medical examiners cavernous room. I expect that there are gargoyles hanging around on the outer ledges.

+ Reply to Thread