+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: CSI: New York

FORT Newbie
    I thought the show was ok, I didnt particularly like the dark filming. I cant say I like it better than Miami, it was hard accepting Miami when it started, I think vegas is the best. There is no one like "Grisom" and I feel like the 2 spin-off just try to hard to be that serious, smart, hmm how do I say it, I dont those corney catch phrases before commercials... puleassse... My guess it that Gary Sinse's charchter lost his wife on 9/11... interesting they made a point to show his wedding ring, when gripping the fence.... I will continue to watch though!!!

Swendak that's no guess - Sinise told us outright that he lost his wife during 9/11, just not how.. if she was an official or if she worked there.. we'll find out more as time goes on.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Swendak
    I thought the show was ok, I didnt particularly like the dark filming. I cant say I like it better than Miami, it was hard accepting Miami when it started . . .
    I like the "feel" of NYC, it's kind of like what they did in the movie "Traffic" - the differences between Mexico and the U.S.

But it's finally nice to find out there's at least one other person out there who likes Miami.

I can't wait for the next episode of CSI: New York to come on. I'm loving the show already.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Eh, I just watched the premiere.

It's okay. Certainly better than Miami (not that that's a ringing endorsement).

Nothing compares to the original. I'll continue watching because it's definitely a pretty good drama compared to other things out there. It's not CSI (the real deal), but it's got potential.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

A Random Foot Kitty Throw Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion, Big Truck Adventure Champion, Tire Toss Champion PIMguy's Avatar
    The jury's still out in my house about this one. Last night's episode (9/29) was okay. I like that Gary Sinese's character doesn't act like he has all the answers (unlike a certain CSI in a southern city with the first initial "H"). I liked that they were investigating a crime (they are CRIME scene investigators) that wasn't murder or even a death. But I thought the wrap up was a little too convenient, especially since they were totally stumped until the final 2 minutes or so of the show. I think it would have been better if the guy went free, much more like real life. Probably not good for ratings though. Vegas still rules, but I'll keep watching NY.

I only caught the last half of last night's show since I was at work, but I'm still really enjoying it. I like the understated acting, and that the producers have so far restrained themselves from tossing in any over-the-top eccentric characters.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

JR.
    Quote Originally Posted by PIMguy
    But I thought the wrap up was a little too convenient, especially since they were totally stumped until the final 2 minutes or so of the show..
    I felt the same way. She spends half the show trying to pin it on this guy, and Sinese comes in and figures it out in about a minute.

No Caruso, so that's a plus.

I loved the second episode of CSI: New York. It was very interesting. The acting was very good. Gary Sinese is playing his part very well. Melina Kanakaredes is playing her part very well, too. This will be a very interesting season for the show.

Jay
    The scene of the rat entering the body was grotesque.

+ Reply to Thread