+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 45 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 450
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: CSI: New York

  1. #221
    PWS
    PWS is offline
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    16,465

    Re: CSI: New York

    Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3430275;
    He was indeed the German Nazi kid who took the jewelry and had the family killed. He came to the US and pretended to be a survivor to avoid any legal situations. The guy who died figured it out because he had the woman's journal and the brooch was drawn in the pages. He recognized it and was killed for that.
    Jeepers... and yet he seemed to have a son who was all into Judaism...

  2. #222
    Got wings 9/19/2012 buglover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    CA
    Age
    41
    Posts
    13,163

    Re: CSI: New York

    That was one of the reasons Mack was so upset. The son was 100% Jewish but in reality he wasn't connected by blood to the religion. Sad.
    Yup, with donuts!!

  3. #223
    Yes we Did! - Twice!! Katydyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    In the playground in my mind
    Posts
    3,336

    Re: CSI: New York

    Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3430211;
    I actually cried in the end when Mack was watching the story of how his father saved the man from the camp.
    I'm not 100% percent positive, but I think that was actual footage of a real survivor's story. We went to DC a couple years ago and visited the Holocaust museum...which BTW is absolutely do not miss on a DC trip...and I'd swear that was one of the film clips they have. My son thought he remembered it too. Obviously the full name of the soldier (as Mack's dad) would have been voice over, but that could easily have been done. And yeah, I was crying too. Powerful stuff.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata


    "I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

  4. #224
    Éirinn go Brách NJ EJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    809

    Re: CSI: New York

    Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3430286 View Post
    That was one of the reasons Mack was so upset. The son was 100% Jewish but in reality he wasn't connected by blood to the religion. Sad.
    Not sure how he could have married a Jewish woman, since he hated Jews so much and it's not as if he regretted his war crimes, but it's the only way David could have been raised as a Jew.

  5. #225
    FORT Fogey anders332's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,506

    Re: CSI: New York

    Quote Originally Posted by Katydyd;3430301;
    I'm not 100% percent positive, but I think that was actual footage of a real survivor's story. We went to DC a couple years ago and visited the Holocaust museum...which BTW is absolutely do not miss on a DC trip...and I'd swear that was one of the film clips they have. My son thought he remembered it too. Obviously the full name of the soldier (as Mack's dad) would have been voice over, but that could easily have been done. And yeah, I was crying too. Powerful stuff.
    I thought the woman in the clip was not the woman we saw in the show - can't think of her name, but it was someone different= thanks for posting this.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

    Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

  6. #226
    PWS
    PWS is offline
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    16,465

    Re: CSI: New York

    Quote Originally Posted by NJ EJ;3430304;
    Not sure how he could have married a Jewish woman, since he hated Jews so much and it's not as if he regretted his war crimes, but it's the only way David could have been raised as a Jew.
    Well, maybe he wasn't.... raised, that is, but just "found" Judaism as he got older and understood what the concentration camp tatoo meant.

  7. #227
    Éirinn go Brách NJ EJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    809

    Re: CSI: New York

    Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3430477 View Post
    Well, maybe he wasn't.... raised, that is, but just "found" Judaism as he got older and understood what the concentration camp tatoo meant.
    It looked to me like 'Avi' embraced Judaism (or at least the culture) to avoid being discovered & prosecuted for war crimes. I think it was pretty clear that he meant to be seen as a member of the Jewish community, complete with a Jewish family. The look on David's face when he found out the truth about his father was heartbreaking.

  8. #228
    HBK fan nilesgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Age
    43
    Posts
    4,764

    Re: CSI: New York

    Previews for next week showed Lindsay back and... she goes into labor. LOL. Danny under pressure. This ought to be interesting. Comical but interesting. I can't wait to see the end result, though. I'm imagining Danny all gushy holding his little girl. Hee-hee. I CAN'T WAIT!
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

  9. #229
    Yes we Did! - Twice!! Katydyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    In the playground in my mind
    Posts
    3,336

    Re: CSI: New York

    Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3430337;
    I thought the woman in the clip was not the woman we saw in the show - can't think of her name, but it was someone different= thanks for posting this.
    Actually, I was talking about the clip by the man at the end of the show, who told how the American soldier found him starving and carried him out...my viewing was kind of spotty during the first half hour. But if they used actual footage for one, it wouldnt suprise me if the other was authentic too.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata


    "I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

  10. #230
    FORT Fogey anders332's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    12,506

    Re: CSI: New York

    Quote Originally Posted by Katydyd;3431360;
    Actually, I was talking about the clip by the man at the end of the show, who told how the American soldier found him starving and carried him out...my viewing was kind of spotty during the first half hour. But if they used actual footage for one, it wouldnt suprise me if the other was authentic too.
    that was a man in the clip - I thought it was a woman.......my bad......
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

    Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.