+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 45 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: CSI: New York

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: CSI: New York

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3430275;
    He was indeed the German Nazi kid who took the jewelry and had the family killed. He came to the US and pretended to be a survivor to avoid any legal situations. The guy who died figured it out because he had the woman's journal and the brooch was drawn in the pages. He recognized it and was killed for that.
    Jeepers... and yet he seemed to have a son who was all into Judaism...

That was one of the reasons Mack was so upset. The son was 100% Jewish but in reality he wasn't connected by blood to the religion. Sad.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3430211;
    I actually cried in the end when Mack was watching the story of how his father saved the man from the camp.
    I'm not 100% percent positive, but I think that was actual footage of a real survivor's story. We went to DC a couple years ago and visited the Holocaust museum...which BTW is absolutely do not miss on a DC trip...and I'd swear that was one of the film clips they have. My son thought he remembered it too. Obviously the full name of the soldier (as Mack's dad) would have been voice over, but that could easily have been done. And yeah, I was crying too. Powerful stuff.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3430286 View Post
    That was one of the reasons Mack was so upset. The son was 100% Jewish but in reality he wasn't connected by blood to the religion. Sad.
    Not sure how he could have married a Jewish woman, since he hated Jews so much and it's not as if he regretted his war crimes, but it's the only way David could have been raised as a Jew.

Quote Originally Posted by Katydyd;3430301;
    I'm not 100% percent positive, but I think that was actual footage of a real survivor's story. We went to DC a couple years ago and visited the Holocaust museum...which BTW is absolutely do not miss on a DC trip...and I'd swear that was one of the film clips they have. My son thought he remembered it too. Obviously the full name of the soldier (as Mack's dad) would have been voice over, but that could easily have been done. And yeah, I was crying too. Powerful stuff.
    I thought the woman in the clip was not the woman we saw in the show - can't think of her name, but it was someone different= thanks for posting this.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by NJ EJ;3430304;
    Not sure how he could have married a Jewish woman, since he hated Jews so much and it's not as if he regretted his war crimes, but it's the only way David could have been raised as a Jew.
    Well, maybe he wasn't.... raised, that is, but just "found" Judaism as he got older and understood what the concentration camp tatoo meant.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3430477 View Post
    Well, maybe he wasn't.... raised, that is, but just "found" Judaism as he got older and understood what the concentration camp tatoo meant.
    It looked to me like 'Avi' embraced Judaism (or at least the culture) to avoid being discovered & prosecuted for war crimes. I think it was pretty clear that he meant to be seen as a member of the Jewish community, complete with a Jewish family. The look on David's face when he found out the truth about his father was heartbreaking.

Previews for next week showed Lindsay back and... she goes into labor. LOL. Danny under pressure. This ought to be interesting. Comical but interesting. I can't wait to see the end result, though. I'm imagining Danny all gushy holding his little girl. Hee-hee. I CAN'T WAIT!
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3430337;
    I thought the woman in the clip was not the woman we saw in the show - can't think of her name, but it was someone different= thanks for posting this.
    Actually, I was talking about the clip by the man at the end of the show, who told how the American soldier found him starving and carried him out...my viewing was kind of spotty during the first half hour. But if they used actual footage for one, it wouldnt suprise me if the other was authentic too.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Quote Originally Posted by Katydyd;3431360;
    Actually, I was talking about the clip by the man at the end of the show, who told how the American soldier found him starving and carried him out...my viewing was kind of spotty during the first half hour. But if they used actual footage for one, it wouldnt suprise me if the other was authentic too.
    that was a man in the clip - I thought it was a woman.......my bad......
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

+ Reply to Thread