+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 45 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: CSI: New York

Re: CSI: New York

YVW Duxxy. I rememered it because I always remember episodes that almost put someone from the team in danger. The epi where Danny was held hostage, and of course this train one where not only was Mac held hostage but you had 3 members of the team who could've died if Danny hadn't stopped the train.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

CCL

I did like the resolution of the cabbie killer case. Though it was bothering me all through viewing that it was "cabbie killer" - should it not have been "killer cabbie?" "Cabbie killer" implies someone was out there murdering cabbies. Hmmm. I wonder why it bothered me last night, though, and not the other nights. There was something else bothering me too but I can't remember what it was.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;2999805;
    I did like the resolution of the cabbie killer case. Though it was bothering me all through viewing that it was "cabbie killer" - should it not have been "killer cabbie?" "Cabbie killer" implies someone was out there murdering cabbies. Hmmm. I wonder why it bothered me last night, though, and not the other nights. There was something else bothering me too but I can't remember what it was.
    What got to me was no one disciplining Mack for allowing his stepson access to an ongoing investigation. He should have never allowed that.
    Yup, with donuts!!

CCL

Mac didn't really give Reed any privileged information though. All the inside stuff that Reed printed was direct from the cabbie killer. Anyhow, in any crime story you read, there is always unnamed police sources quoted. So maybe the brass expects a certain amount of leaks?

Okay. This is going to be a long one but I have to get it off my chest.
    Dramas are known for not keeping "super couples" happy for very long. In the mid-late '90's, Silk Stalkings was popular. Fans fell in love with the chemistry between Chris Lorenzo (Rob Estes) and Rita Lee Lance. You could tell that they thought of each other as more than just partners and friends. After receiving several letters from fans demanding that the 2 be brought together romantically, the writers listened and in the 5th season, Chris and Rita were married and ultimately were expecting their first child. But that's where the happily ever after ends. They ended the 5th season with Chris's violent murder and Rita leaving town to have and raise their child alone! (Example 1)
    One Life To Live has just done this with Jessica and Nash. Just when it looked like everything was going to go perfect for the happy couple, Nash plummeted to his untimely death yesterday.
    And now it brings me to CSI:NY
    The happy couple in mention? Danny and Lindsay. They're finding their way back to each other after the fiasco that was Danny's one night stand with Reuben's mom (which was more an act of guilt over his death than anything else) but something crossed my mind. Near the end of last season, Reuben's mom left town. Okay so that leaves room for Danny and Lindsay to get back together and find happiness. However, what's to stop Reuben's mom to return to town next season with Danny's child?? Will that be enough to break up the super couple for good?
    I really wish some of these couples would be allowed to just be happy without throwing a wrench into the works and destroying everything. I know that's what makes good drama but find the drama elsewhere and leave the happy couples ALONE!
    Okay rant over.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

CCL

It was more than a one-night stand, however.
    I agree that shows usually do not let happy couples remain so for long - it's like they don't know how to write for happy couples or something. But CSI New York's focus is geared to each week's crime story as opposed to spotlighting interpersonal relationships. Even when Lindsey and Danny were happily together you didn't see many "couply" scenes of them.

No I know that but at least we knew that they were happy.

At the beginning of your post I thought you were refering to Mac and Stella, Nilesgirl. I can handle Lindsay and Danny together or apart, it really doesn't matter to me. BUT! If tptb even think of getting Mac and Stella together that's where they will lose me.
    It is NOT impossible to be friends with the opposite sex. It is possible to have a close, caring relationship and not have it turn sexual. If they try to score with Mac and Stella I will be way beyond miffed.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl;3038153;
    No I know that but at least we knew that they were happy.

That's true.

Quote Originally Posted by Duzzy
    BUT! If tptb even think of getting Mac and Stella together that's where they will lose me.
    It is NOT impossible to be friends with the opposite sex. It is possible to have a close, caring relationship and not have it turn sexual. If they try to score with Mac and Stella I will be way beyond miffed.
    I can see them trying to put Mac and Stella together in future but I don't think they'd be a good match, personally. I'd rather they not go down that route. I still think they might try to match Stella and the Detective (I think he is a bit young for her but there is a bit of chemistry).

Which detective??? I'm still a bit confused about that. Are we talking about what's-his-face? Flack? Or Hawkes? I can sort of see her getting involved with Flack.

+ Reply to Thread