+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Wire

Im ready for my closeup.. Tallulahbaby's Avatar

The Wire

Does anyone watch this superb show on HBO? IT comes on Sundays at 9pm.
    It deserved to be nominated for emmys....but was forgotten.( Just like The Shield was) It is an excellent show...
    Coco Magdalena made her debut Sept 2, 2006 7lbs 1oz!!!

"Daddy warned me about Men and Booze, but didn't say anything about Women and Cocaine" - Tallulah Bankhead

FORT Fan
    The Wire is such a great show, it is so well written, and the actors are incredible - I don't understand why more people don't watch it, or why it doesn't get the recognition it deserves. I missed the first show of the new season, so I'm hoping to catch it before this weekend.

Im ready for my closeup.. Tallulahbaby's Avatar
    I'm glad there is someone else besides me who watches this awesome show!
    Coco Magdalena made her debut Sept 2, 2006 7lbs 1oz!!!

"Daddy warned me about Men and Booze, but didn't say anything about Women and Cocaine" - Tallulah Bankhead

FORT Regular
    The Wire has been one of my favorite shows period and my favorite on HBO since it debuted in '02. I was even able to get my wife to start watching the repeats of season two with me this summer, and now on to season three!

FORT Fan
    I believe this Friday they are going to run the first and second shows of the 3rd season again. That's the great thing about HBO!

The third season has come out on DVD. It's interesting how they show the different levels inside the police force and the drug world operate.

This season of the Wire is so good. I watch the new episodes as soon as they hit the On Demand menu and I just can't wait to see if any of my speculations for this season will come true.

I don't get HBO , but served on a jury in January for a drug trial where the defendant was making and selling crack out of his girlfriend's apartment while she was at work. They had undercover cops buying from him, and had detectives snapping pictures as they drove by, sitting on rooftops taking pictures, etc. I talked to the prosecutor and head detective after the trial (we found him guilty), and when the detective was explaining how they do their job, he said The Wire is exactly what they do, and that it's very true-to-life. It's good to know it's being received well, now I just need to pony up the dough to see it myself.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Quote Originally Posted by roseskid View Post
    I don't get HBO , but served on a jury in January for a drug trial where the defendant was making and selling crack out of his girlfriend's apartment while she was at work. They had undercover cops buying from him, and had detectives snapping pictures as they drove by, sitting on rooftops taking pictures, etc. I talked to the prosecutor and head detective after the trial (we found him guilty), and when the detective was explaining how they do their job, he said The Wire is exactly what they do, and that it's very true-to-life. It's good to know it's being received well, now I just need to pony up the dough to see it myself.
    I have the first three seasons on DVD and how they clear the streets of all the drugs dealers in the third season is very inventive and well thought out. I like this show.

The best drama of all time IMO. The only problem with it is that it's so good it makes everything else I watch seem bad.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast