+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alias: "The Getaway" - 01/12

Alias: "The Getaway" - 01/12

The Getaway

60 min.
    Syd and Vaughn's risky rendezvous while on a mission in France threatens to expose their CIA covers to SD-6; Jack enlists Irina in his efforts to outwit Kane, who targets another Bristow in her hunt for Sloane's blackmailer. Kane: Faye Dunaway. Emily: Amy Irving. Weiss: Greg Grunberg. Sark: David Anders.

Whoa...wait, I'm a little confused about the whole Ariana thing. Did Sloane plan all this? Can someone please explain it to me?

Sloane planned the whole thing. He specifically requested Kane, who he knew was a bad girl, so that she'd be found out and everything could be blamed on her. Now, everyone thinks Emily's dead and Sloane was being blackmailed. When in reality, Emily has $100 million and is living free and easy with 9 fingers, and no Alliance looking for her.

Smart thinking on Sloane's part. Gotta hand it to him.

Don't know that I can explain all the logistics on this one. Anybody, anybody.....

But I am wondering if one had anything to do with the other.
    Here's what I have (the easy part):
    Sloan kills that guy
    Kane wants revenge as she was his mistress
    the Alliance tells Sloan to kill Emily
    Someone starts blackmailing Sloan
    He brings in a detective (Kane, who obviously had something more to do w/the Alliance if she was an investigator)
    Kane tries to frame Jack
    As we saw tonight, Jack figures it out.
    Emily is still alive
    Please feel free to correct me where I am wrong

Have to say, I didn't see that one coming.
    Watch out, It's a stampede!

Yeah, that was a total surprise to me. It never crossed my mind that Sloane planned the whole thing and that Emily was in it the whole time. But good thing, she's got tons of money to live a good life. At the end, Sloane told Emily that they 'were free now'. Does that mean he is not planning on going back to SD6?

It was a close call for Vaughn and Syd. Really want those two to get together, but it doesn't look like that will happen.

Summer, I don't think Kane wanted revenge for the death of that guy (can't remember his name)that Sloane killed. She was an Alliance investigator already, and since Sloane already knew that she and that guy were having an affair. It was easy for him to request her presence at SD6 to conduct the investigation and then set her up. That's what I think, but I might be wrong. I'm going to have to check the Alias site for more info.

Originally posted by Wolf
    At the end, Sloane told Emily that they 'were free now'. Does that mean he is not planning on going back to SD6?

It was a close call for Vaughn and Syd. Really want those two to get together, but it doesn't look like that will happen.

Summer, I don't think Kane wanted revenge for the death of that guy (can't remember his name)that Sloane killed. She was an Alliance investigator already, and since Sloane already knew that she and that guy were having an affair. It was easy for him to request her presence at SD6 to conduct the investigation and then set her up. That's what I think, but I might be wrong. I'm going to have to check the Alias site for more info.

Woooo, look at them quoting abilities, Wolf

I was wondering the same thing about Sloane coming back or not, but I just don't see how he could not. Next thing you know, he will be plotting his own death then start up some rogue group to take the Alliance down!

As for Syd and Vaughn I think it will happen eventually. It may take a couple more season's though. Let's hope ABC doesn't do anything to screw it up for us!

I'm just glad that Dunaway's run is over on the show. I didn't really care for her.

Summer! You are a quoting pro, now!

It was about time they got rid of Faye D. I didn't like her acting on the show.

Yeah, I knew she only had a 3-episode stint, so I was like "Yay, she's gone tonight one way or the other!"

I'm also curious, if all Alliance members have those little throat implants done, then didn't the Alliance already know that Kane was sleeping with that guy, and that the guy was setting up his own little outfit secretly, and that Sloane killed the guy?

Ah, the ramblings of someone who can't suspend his disbelief.

What the BLEEP do we know tigergirl's Avatar
    I still have two questions and, darn it!, I didn't tape the episode, so I can't go back and check it out again!

1. Who was the guy who told Kane that Syd was seen leaving the airport with somebody from the State Department? Was he one of her guys? If so, did he get the boot with her? If not, doesn't that mean there's still somebody inside SD6 who knows about Syd?

2. I thought Sloane was genuinely distressed about all the wierdness surrounding Emily's death - we saw him alone in his office fretting about it, so it's not like he was trying to show somebody else how upset he was. And the wine showed up in the bathroom without anyone to witness it. So when did he and Emily cook up the plot? It would have had to be before he was implanted with the listening chip, but if that's so, why would he have dug up the grave since he knew it would be empty?

Thanks for any help!

Tiger

1. Kane had 2 guys with her. It was one of those guys. I think they're gone as well.

2. Sloane's chip transmitted all conversation, and body vital signs, to the Alliance at all times. So, he had to do everything he would normally do if she were dead, and follow the trail like he thought it may have been a plot against him. But he didn't get the chip until after Emily was "killed" - it was his reward for killing her. He apparently also contracted the guy to build him that ring that sends fake data to the Alliance before he got the chip.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast