+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Saturday Night Live: 30th Season

PSi

Saturday Night Live: 30th Season

Saturday Night Live opens up for it's 30's Season.
    Quote Originally Posted by www.nbcmv.com
    NEW YORK -- September 15, 2004 -- "Saturday Night Live" returns to the air on October 2 (LIVE, 11:30pm – 1:00 am ET) for its 30th Season Premiere with popular returning host, Ben Affleck and musical guest, rap superstar, Nelly.

Affleck makes his third hosting appearance on the show. On October 21, Affleck will star in the holiday comedy "Surviving Christmas" opposite James Gandolfini, Christina Applegate and Catherine O'Hara. Most recently, he was seen in the romantic comedy "Jersey Girl," the sci-fi thriller "Paycheck," and the big-screen adaptation of Marvel Comics' "Daredevil."

Affleck came to prominence at the 1997 Sundance Film Festival, when he starred in Kevin Smith's comedy "Chasing Amy" and Mark Pellington's coming-of-age tale "Going All The Way." He captured an Academy Award® and a Golden Globe Award in 1998 for his first script, "Good Will Hunting," which he co-wrote with Matt Damon. He segued into big-budget action with "Armageddon," and was among the ensemble cast of the Academy Award® winning "Shakespeare in Love." Affleck went on to star in the romantic comedy "Forces of Nature," the fantastical comedy "Dogma," "Boiler Room," the suspense thriller "Reindeer Games," the romantic drama "Bounce," "Pearl Harbor," "Changing Lanes" and the political thriller "The Sum of All Fears." His other film credits include "Mall Rats," "Cruz," "Dazed and Confused" and "School Ties."

In 2000 Affleck partnered with Matt Damon, Chris Moore and Sean Bailey to form Live Planet, Inc. LivePlanet's "Project Greenlight" has been nominated for an Emmy®Award for Outstanding Reality Program for the past two seasons and will return for a third season on Bravo.

Musical guest Nelly makes his second appearance on the show – performing tracks from his just simultaneously released two records – "Sweat" and "Suit." The three-time Grammy winner is the first rapper to release two stand-alone CDs on the same day with "Sweat" the more club and street oriented release and "Suit" focusing on Nelly's softer, romantic side. His prior records "Nellyville" and "Country Grammar" have sold 15 million units and produced monster hits including "Hot in Herre," "Dilemma" and "Country Grammar." The first single from "Suit," "My Place" is already climbing the charts and "Sweat's" first track "Flap Your Wings" is heating up in video rotation.

"Saturday Night Live," which premiered on October 11, 1975, is from SNL Studios in association with Broadway Video. The creator and executive producer is Lorne Michaels. Steve Higgins produces. Marci Klein and Mike Shoemaker are producers. Beth McCarthy Miller directs.
    And Barring any objections, i'll be back with everything including my impartial :rolleyes reviews.

I can't wait for SNL to be new again! I love Nelly, so that's a great musical guest, but I'm really tired of Ben Affleck hosting. He's good, but it's getting kind of old now. Maybe they'll do a J. Lo/Marc Anthony wedding thing...

didn't he just host???? like not that long ago

PSi
    He hosted in March 13th....but he has another movie coming out.

It could be worse -- it could be the Duffs.....

PSi
    Here's the schedule thusfar-

Oct 2 - Ben Affleck/Nelly
    Oct 9 - Queen Latifah/Scissor Sisters
    Oct 23- Jude Law/ TBA

I can't believe this show has been on for 30 years. SNL still going strong.
    Ben (The insurance duck) "Affllaaackk". Come on ....why . No really ,why?
    I thought that once his bogus relationship with that Jenny From Da Block was over he would just slip back into the half light of celebrity. I just hope he doesn't do a monologue or more joke about that bogus relationship this time. Let it go please .She's knocked up now and looking forward to another divorce (if the marrage is real to begin with ,ala Brandy style) and your still well .....your still Ben (the insurance duck) Afflaaackk.

Affleck is dating Jennifer Garner now....wonder how they'll write that in.

I'm still bummed that Bill Clinton won't be hosting.

And Psi, can't wait to read your reviews, they are hilarious!

I already miss Jimmy Fallon (my TV boyfriend)
    ugh. I don't get time to watch TV anymore, much less hang out at the FORT.

But don't you worry, I'll be back in full force on or about November 3rd.

Oh, cool! I love Jude Law! He should be interesting on SNL. Queen Latifah will probably be pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Wenders
    I already miss Jimmy Fallon (my TV boyfriend)
    Jimmy's off the show? Man, I must REALLY be out of the loop! I feel ya, Wenders, he's my TV boyfriend too (amongst others of course).
    Is there anyone else leaving the show?

Ben Who-Fleck?!! Wow! I can't believe it's their 30th season! I'm old ....
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast