+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Saturday Night Live: 30th Season

PSi
    i didn't know people have "patters"

PSi
    No, it was not raining. He just had his hoodie up, and the song was about voting...more specifically voting against Bush.

I thought this was one of the better shows this year; I caught myself laughing out loud during the Osama bin Laden and gay Frankenstein sketches.
    Horatio Sanz has the potential to be funny, but he's a lazy performer. It looked as if that sketch was written with Eminem in mind, but maybe he refused to perform in it?
    It wish Eminem would appear in some skits; the guy's not only a brilliant rapper he's pretty funny when he drops his bad-ass persona.
    "Totalitarianism demands, in fact, the continuous alteration of the past, and in the long run probably demands a disbelief in the very existence of objective truth." — George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by PSi
    i didn't know people have "patters"
    You never get together with your guy friends just to knock back a few and crack on each other...? That's when we use our "patter" on one another.
    Last edited by phat32; 10-31-2004 at 02:41 PM.
    "...Every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don’t always soften the bad things, but...the bad things don’t always spoil the good things." - The Doctor

PSi
    i just never heard the term "patter" before, but yes.

I missed alot of the show, but It seemes like everytime I did see something, they were making fun of Ashlee Simpson, which was nice. I guess that whole fiasco gave them alot of material

"Ashlee Simpson you are a phony....Acid reflux is baloney"

PSi
    there's a difference between making fun of and overkill...but i guess that's what happens when you have no real material for the week.

CharlieBug
    Another disappointing show, and another episode where I turned it off halfway through out of sheer boredom. I really miss SNL of the "good ol days", but I guess that's been harped about enough so I won't bring it up again. After Forte's Halloween song on the Weekend Update, I couldn't take it anymore. That was it for me.

About Eminem - I remember one time when he was on SNL, he was included in some of the other skits. I thought he did a good job then.

I could be wrong, but I took Will Forte's 'Halloween Song' as him sort of poking fun at the holiday songs that Adam Sandler used to come up with, and sing on Weekend Update...

Okay, I love the hyperactive kid sketches. That, Osama's tape, and the Frankenstein one were the only bearable skecthes all night.

SNL just sucks this year. It's so disappointing. :nono

+ Reply to Thread