+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Saturday Night Live: 30th Season

I watched the show on and off last night. I can never sit through the whole show. I did see the opening with Paula. Good for her for not hiding out and for handling the situation with some humor.

The funniest part I saw was the "commercial" for Mom Jeans - with the 9" zipper and elastic waist!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical
    The funniest part I saw was the "commercial" for Mom Jeans - with the 9" zipper and elastic waist!
    I thought that was too funny. I laughed out loud, but my hubby didn't get it at all. Even when I tried to explain he still didn't think it humorous.
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

The opening bit was too long and the payoff with Paula Abdul wasnt worth the effort.
    Johnny's opening was pretty funny I thought.
    Weekend Update was awful. I usually like Tina and Amy but it just wasn't funny last night.

I agree about the moms jeans. That was great.

I haven't caught this show in a while.... I usually just watch when someone I want to see is hosting. I really wanted to see this week's epi with Will Ferrell - did anyone catch it?? Next week is Lindsay Lohan (promo-ing Herbie I think) that should be pretty good...

The new cast is funny but they will NEVER live up to the glory days (either the original cast or the early 90s w/Mike Myers, David Spade, Chris Farley, etc...)

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

Its on like Donkey Kong! DarKensoul7's Avatar
    The one with WIll Ferrell was alright. I mean, I had really high expectation; I wasn't let down but I wasn't as interested or excited as I thought I would be. It was better than some but certainly not the best. I still like weekend update the most hehe.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein

The broccoli must die!!! Canada Champ's Avatar
    Anyone remember Lohan's last appearance on SNL, last year? Out of the 5 past years, the only 2 memorable skits I can think of were from when she was on:

1. The Harry Potter sketch - for obvious reasons.
    2. The Debbie Downer sketch - because they all screwed up, and Horatio Sanz took a photo of Lindsay's butt as she was walking away.

I actually enjoyed Will Ferrell's episode. It was one of the few episodes that I actually watched almost all of. I always at Celebrity Jeopardy. Darrell Hammond as Sean Connery kills me, even though he isn't a thing like Connery. I've always liked Will Farrell - he just goes all the way with every character he plays without caring about how he looks. I've seen Elf at least a dozen times and I think I laugh harder every time I see it. The scene in the doctor's office with the cotton balls

I don't know Canada Ranger, one of the most memorable sketches of the last few years, for me anyway, was when Janet Jackson hosted and they visited the winery and learned about "corksoaking!" By the end of the sketch everyone was losing it from having to say "corksoaker" so many times.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Canada Ranger
    Anyone remember Lohan's last appearance on SNL, last year? Out of the 5 past years, the only 2 memorable skits I can think of were from when she was on:

1. The Harry Potter sketch - for obvious reasons.
    2. The Debbie Downer sketch - because they all screwed up, and Horatio Sanz took a photo of Lindsay's butt as she was walking away.
    I actually missed her first appearance but I did catch the Harry Potter sketch where she played Hermione and they made fun of her um, womanly figure But i missed the rest of the epi. She seems like she can poke fun at herself which def. makes a good SNL host. I was thinking they might do something funny about her new blonde hair or something with Herbie. Any other skits you think they will have?

Benjamin Franklin.

The broccoli must die!!! Canada Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Critical
    I don't know Canada Ranger, one of the most memorable sketches of the last few years, for me anyway, was when Janet Jackson hosted and they visited the winery and learned about "corksoaking!" By the end of the sketch everyone was losing it from having to say "corksoaker" so many times.
    LOL, that's right, I forgot about the Italian 'corksoakers', that one was great too!

It's a shame when we can only think of a handful of good sketches when they've had hundreds over the past couple years.

Anyone catch LL on SNL this weekend? I thought the funniest part was in the beginning where the "ghost" comes back to tell her about her future. She def. made fun of herself which I respect in actors/actresses. I was surprised they didn't do a Herbie skit, that could have been really funny...

Benjamin Franklin.

+ Reply to Thread