+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Oprah Gives Everyone in her Audience a New Car

I know... I dont know that I've spent $10000 total, either. Shoot, I'd probably still shop at the mid price stores instead of buying $200 tshirts. Yikes.

I didn't take offense (I'm not on the marketing side of the business), but I do think there are people that will give the G6 a second glance now that it has been endorsed by Oprah. She has major major influence... shoot, look at the book club and her Christmas shows. All products that she endorses tend to hit the roof in sales. Granted, a car is a little more than a whim purchase like a book, but....

And... have someone write in on your behalf in a couple of months. You never know.....
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Also... not to toot my company's horn, but just to show you that they don't just do fluffy things like Oprah:

After Hurricane Charley we also donated 3 Hummers with OnStar, cash of $100,000, money matching funds for all of us employees that donated, somewhere along the lines of 75-80 vehicles (a large percentage of which were trucks with generators attached, and some other assistance with the Red Cross, more generators, etc.

I'm not sure what we've done after Frances, but I imagine it's roughly the same. I think the 75-80 vehicles were vehicles for use, not permanent fixtures so those might have also been switched over to the East Coast to help out.

Make you feel any better about us, Muduh???

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    Also... not to toot my company's horn, but just to show you that they don't just do fluffy things like Oprah:

After Hurricane Charley we also donated 3 Hummers with OnStar, cash of $100,000, money matching funds for all of us employees that donated, somewhere along the lines of 75-80 vehicles (a large percentage of which were trucks with generators attached, and some other assistance with the Red Cross, more generators, etc.

I'm not sure what we've done after Frances, but I imagine it's roughly the same. I think the 75-80 vehicles were vehicles for use, not permanent fixtures so those might have also been switched over to the East Coast to help out.

Make you feel any better about us, Muduh???
    Check back with me after the company donates another two hundred or so vehicles to the storm victims.
    I don't have time to worry about that now. I need to get busy picking out the tons of clothes I plan to buy when I get my Oprah hand out. Wish she'd hurry up. I can't hold my breath forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh
    Check back with me after the company donates another two hundred or so vehicles to the storm victims.
    Dang, you're hard to please.

I managed to watch that......
    Hey I think well desrving ppl receving stuff on the show was nice......
    Seeing the girl from LA and the family from NY getting theirs also I thought was sweet but seeing the WHOLE audience getting cars? Clap, cry, cheer but these ladies just went buckwild overboard... :rolleyes

Thats the only part I just dread watching her at times.... :phhht

Alot of the women in the audience just didn't appear to me to be that 'needy'. Everyone was dressed very nicely. Nice fresh haircuts/color. Makeup. Jewelry. I know they showed a video of one woman who's truck had like 300,000 miles on it. Well, ok, then go get a new vehicle lady! Her house was nice...so what's the problem?? I don't get why she was picked. I'm sure if they really searched, they could have found more people who were genuinely NEEDY. There's some people out there who have no vehicles at ALL,and have to use public transportation..where were they at? I'm just not 100% convinced that the ENTIRE audience was totally so down & out that they couldn't afford a car.

Now, as for the G6. I LOVE Pontiacs. They are my favorite. I have had several of them over the years, and my favorite part of the G6 is the unique sunroof, which opens in 3 sections. That is NEAT-O!

Quote Originally Posted by FireStorm
    I'm sure if they really searched, they could have found more people who were genuinely NEEDY. There's some people out there who have no vehicles at ALL,and have to use public transportation..where were they at? I'm just not 100% convinced that the ENTIRE audience was totally so down & out that they couldn't afford a car.

Now, as for the G6. I LOVE Pontiacs. They are my favorite. I have had several of them over the years, and my favorite part of the G6 is the unique sunroof, which opens in 3 sections. That is NEAT-O!
    From what info I've seen here at work, this wasn't really a long drawn-out process. I don't think Oprah *searched* for needy families, I think she just took from those people that had written her for that topic/assistance. There are definitely people that needed it more.

It looks like this is going to be the format all season... she's going to do more charity shows than ever before. It should be fun to watch.

I heard that the Oprah show has a dress code kinda thing happening.. it's not exactly Jerry Springer either
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Duxxy do you think that means maybe Oprah will get rid of some of those God awful get ups she wears?

Yes, I agree that Oprah did it partly for the PR, but she has to be one of the most loving, warm, sincere celebrities. I think it was Wednesday, she had Lori Hacking's mother on for an interview. They needed $70,000 total for the scholarship fund they started to become a reality and they only had $30,000 so far. O donated $50, 000 on the spot of her own money.
    Beat the Hell out of K State!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast