+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 54 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Alias

I was just really upset that Weiss was not part of the team. Come on! He is the best! Why not invite him over to the APO?
    My only thought is that JJ Abrams will bring him on later in the season. Please JJ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by norm
    Examples: Sydney's mom? oh she's dead let's move on.

I think the reason they had to close that plot line was because what's-her-name won't be coming back so it was pointless to keep it ongoing. And of course, if she realizes that she screwed up and begs to come back, they can always fix the storyline.

I see Weiss coming back in the future. I believe he had some other projects so he was limited in filming.

All in all, great start. I was under the impression that Angela Bassett will have a more prominant role? Anyone know if that's true, or will she just be a backround character will occasional appearances.

Last question: will Marshall's wife be back as well? I assume the storyline has her home with the babies.

ETA: Jennifer Garner looked a little "weathered" this episode. I truly hope her movie career doesn't over expose her. I really like her as an actress and am worried that her fling with Affleck will just be more cannon fodder for the tabloids. That is all.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

I was terribly disappointed in the premiere last night (so was Mr. H for that matter). I felt ripped off, like "they made us wait 7 months for this?" It was "meh" at best.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Oh man. Last night, if it weren't for Marshall, I don't know how much longer I would ahve been able to watch. When he first arrived at what appeared to be the inside of an iMac and saw Sloane... *leans in* "Sloane's here." "We know." "OK." That made me laugh.

But it's kind of retarded. I think the pages are coming into play again. Jack said something about how she hardly knows anything about the documents, just the part about Irina.

Quote Originally Posted by duckgirl
    But it's kind of retarded. I think the pages are coming into play again. Jack said something about how she hardly knows anything about the documents, just the part about Irina.
    Jack actually said that before Sydney found out that her mother had put a hit out on her. So when he was talking with Sloan he was just referring to the fact that he would rather have Sydney hate HIM than know that he only requested to kill Irina because Sydney's own mother wanted to kill her.

Quote Originally Posted by norm
    What's up with J.J. Abrams? Why does he have to chagne the situation of the show every season? And everytime he changes things old story lines get dropped like an afterthought. Examples: Sydney's mom? oh she's dead let's move on. Rimbaldi thing Sloane was looking for? oh, they found it, let's move on. Top secret files Sydney found? We'll mention what they were in passing.
    I thought the papers part wrapped up too easily, too, but oh well. And there's no danger of Lena Olin coming back at this point, Speedy, as she was gone during all of Season 3 with her $$ dispute and it just didn't work out. They held it open for her that long that I cannot see her coming back now.

norm... one of the biggest complaints I've seen about Alias' Season 3 was that people complained that the entire season revolved around the Rambaldi artifact. People wanted more of the Season 1 type of stories.. something different in every show. I think this season opener was a way of closing up any lingering loopholes so they can get on with the renewal of the premise.

Did anyone catch Marshall when he was talking to Weiss saying something like "everyone's gone here. Well, we still have Sark but he's in custody so we don't see him much." It just sounded like Sark was somehow more of a commonplace presence in the CIA atmosphere and I was wondering where they were going with that one.

David Anders was reduced from a starring role to a recurring role because the writers were stretching to get him into every story. We'll see Sark when we need to.

I thought it was funny how Marshall visited Sark just for social interaction with someone he knew.

I got to thinking (bear with me, I don't do that much) that maybe because we waited so long, some were disappointed with the premiere. Maybe I'm just easy to please, but I really thought it was a good opening. I think in order to get back to the first season style of show they had to close up a bunch of loose ends from last year.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

I thought it was pretty good. Whenever it started to drag on, Marshall would come out with something along the lines of "I am Robot Dixon."

Quote Originally Posted by anuta
    I was just really upset that Weiss was not part of the team. Come on! He is the best! Why not invite him over to the APO?
    My only thought is that JJ Abrams will bring him on later in the season. Please JJ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I think we need to start a pool as to how long Weiss will be kept in the dark... I'll take episode 6, 48 minutes in!

Marshall: "Am I Dead?"
    Ingorance killed the Cat... Curiousity was framed!

I cant believe Weiss is falling for the "I have my old job at Credit Dauphine" line. Seriously, couldn't they have given her any other job? Consultant for an engineering company, or something?

+ Reply to Thread