+ Reply to Thread
Page 89 of 231 FirstFirst ... 39798081828384858687888990919293949596979899139189 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,780 of 4606

Thread: Lost - Season 1.

  1. #1761
    Leave No Trace ADKLove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Seems I'm Lost.
    Age
    46
    Posts
    2,071
    My bad, Florimel - edited previous post to correct website address and provide link.
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

  2. #1762
    FORT Fogey Florimel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    5,933
    Quote Originally Posted by ADKLove
    My bad, Florimel - edited previous post to correct website address and provide link.
    Thank you, ADKLove. Very interesting. I can't believe none of us thought of that name connection.

  3. #1763
    HBK fan nilesgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Age
    42
    Posts
    4,764
    Florimel, I just went to ADK's previous post and the website ADK posted. Did I miss something? What name connection are you talking about?
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

  4. #1764
    FORT Fogey Florimel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    5,933
    Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl
    Florimel, I just went to ADK's previous post and the website ADK posted. Did I miss something? What name connection are you talking about?
    nilesgirl, I clicked on ADK's link and the page began with
    Click to see Spoiler:
    "I am Hercules". Hercules/Hurley
    . That's the connection I was referring to, if that makes any sense.

  5. #1765
    HBK fan nilesgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Age
    42
    Posts
    4,764
    Okay Florimel. That's what I thought but I wasn't sure. TY
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

  6. #1766
    Defending the FORT JulyMeg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    224
    New episode this week!!! Can't believe it's finally here!

  7. #1767
    Go Bruins! Qboots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    LOST in the 70's
    Posts
    10,321
    According to TV Tome, the next few weeks looks like this:

    Jan. 5 - Ep. 12 - Whatever the Case May Be (another Kate episode)
    Jan. 12 - Ep. 13 - Hearts and Minds (Shannon & Boone)
    Jan. 19 - Ep. 14 - Special (Walt & Michael)
    Jan. 26 - Ep. 9 - Solitary (repeat of Sayid episode)
    Feb. 2 - Ep. 10 - Raised by Another (repeat of Claire episode)
    Feb. 9 - Ep. 15 - Homecoming (another Charlie episode)

    It may be late Feb or early March before we get a Hurley episode.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

  8. #1768
    FORT Fogey Florimel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    5,933
    Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    According to TV Tome, the next few weeks looks like this:

    Jan. 5 - Ep. 12 - Whatever the Case May Be (another Kate episode)
    Jan. 12 - Ep. 13 - Hearts and Minds (Shannon & Boone)
    Jan. 19 - Ep. 14 - Special (Walt & Michael)
    Jan. 26 - Ep. 9 - Solitary (repeat of Sayid episode)
    Feb. 2 - Ep. 10 - Raised by Another (repeat of Claire episode)
    Feb. 9 - Ep. 15 - Homecoming (another Charlie episode)

    It may be late Feb or early March before we get a Hurley episode.
    Arrgh! Two more weeks of repeats? I suspect I'll end up buying the DVD's and will see all the repeats, sans commercials, I want.

    Does anyone else remember when you got, for every show, 39 weeks of new episodes and 13 weeks of summer reruns before the new season premiers?

    Again, I hope that the delay in a Hurley story does NOT mean that he'll be the one dispatched at the end of the season. :nono The writers have to be smarter than that, don't they?

    I did see Terry O'Quinn this morning on Good Day Live. He gave nothing away, but did mention that all he was told about when he "saw" the thing was that he was looking at the most beautiful sight imaginable. He says the actors still don't know what it is. They are given only enough advance information so as to not do something that would be completely inappropriate later, as the story unfolds.

  9. #1769
    Who Dat! madonniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Southern US
    Age
    34
    Posts
    318
    tvguide.com says this week's Lost will be new
    Click to see Spoiler:
    it'll be about Kate wanting the contents of a briefcase Sawyer has, it'll also go more into her criminal background
    You are who you are...and I wouldn't want to change a thing...- Madonna

  10. #1770
    FORT Fogey CharlieBug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,054
    Thank goodness there is finally a new show this week. I've been having withdrawal pains like no other.

    Florimel, I agree - I sincerely hope that the delay in having a Hurley episode does not mean they will kill off his character. He's the comic relief of the show, and even though his appearances are limited each episode, he is a great asset to the show.

  11. #1771
    Lucy and Kevin...so cute! Reality tv fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1,396
    Can't wait for the new episodes to start up.

  12. #1772
    FORT Fogey lambikins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    2,626
    Quote Originally Posted by Florimel
    I did see Terry O'Quinn this morning on Good Day Live. He gave nothing away, but did mention that all he was told about when he "saw" the thing was that he was looking at the most beautiful sight imaginable. He says the actors still don't know what it is. They are given only enough advance information so as to not do something that would be completely inappropriate later, as the story unfolds.
    The story line reminds me of several Sci Fi shows/books I've seen, especially Twilight Zone shows. The characters react to strange goins on, only to find out that they are all dead. Perhaps, Terry's "most beautiful sight imaginable" is an angel, and the reason why they all ended up on the island is to redo what they couldn't do in their previous life. Could explain why Terry's character can walk.

    And yes, Florimel, I DO remember when it was 39 weeks of solid TV and then the repeats. Don't the executives know that we're all out, shopping, when the repeats are on?
    Still crazy, after all these shears

    "lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

    "lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

  13. #1773
    FORT Fogey Florimel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    5,933
    Quote Originally Posted by lambikins
    The story line reminds me of several Sci Fi shows/books I've seen, especially Twilight Zone shows. The characters react to strange goins on, only to find out that they are all dead. Perhaps, Terry's "most beautiful sight imaginable" is an angel, and the reason why they all ended up on the island is to redo what they couldn't do in their previous life. Could explain why Terry's character can walk.

    And yes, Florimel, I DO remember when it was 39 weeks of solid TV and then the repeats. Don't the executives know that we're all out, shopping, when the repeats are on?
    I'd be really disappointed if it turns out to be the "we are all dead" thing. This show is too original and well-written to use such an old and overused plot point.

    The earliest movie I can remember seeing on tv that used this premise was "Between Two Worlds" with John Garfield, Paul Henried, Eleanor Park, and others. It was released in 1944.

    I'm hoping for something better.

  14. #1774
    Nerds Just Wanna Have Fun Boredom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Where Ricky Martin Can't Find Me
    Posts
    3,234
    Quote Originally Posted by Florimel
    I'd be really disappointed if it turns out to be the "we are all dead" thing. This show is too original and well-written to use such an old and overused plot point.
    Yeah... I have heard that it's not some kind of purgatory, so hopefully that theory is muy wrong-o. I'm a firm believer that it's all explainable... it'll just take quite some time to explain it

  15. #1775
    HBK fan nilesgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Age
    42
    Posts
    4,764
    Woohoo! Finally a new episode of Lost tonight!! Now I can get my Sawyer fix! Man, I was going through withdrawals.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

  16. #1776
    Lucy and Kevin...so cute! Reality tv fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    1,396
    Quote Originally Posted by Florimel
    I'd be really disappointed if it turns out to be the "we are all dead" thing. This show is too original and well-written to use such an old and overused plot point.

    .

    I really hope not.....I mean it's gone through my head several times but I really hope they don't use this ''explanation'' for the show eventually.

  17. #1777
    Just Forting Around roseskid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Anticipating roses and broken hearts
    Posts
    7,271


    On the countdown to a new Lost tonight! This is one of the few shows Mr. Rose and I enjoy watching together....he hates reality tv *gasp*
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

  18. #1778
    I see dead people SQUATMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben
    Posts
    2,737
    Happy New Year LOST lovers of FORTdom !

    Hope this love triangle doesn't detract from the show.

    How's Charlie doing?

  19. #1779
    I see dead people SQUATMAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben
    Posts
    2,737
    don't drink THAT water.............

  20. #1780
    Nerds Just Wanna Have Fun Boredom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Where Ricky Martin Can't Find Me
    Posts
    3,234
    And we're off!

    Hmm... Kate seems slightly less annoyed by Sawyer now.

    And now they're diving underwater.

    And now they're fighting.

    And now he sees A BUNCH OF BODIES! AND THEY'RE ALL DEAD AND PRESERVED UNDER WATER!

    AAAAAH! AH! AH! AH!

    Ok, done being scared now... but that was quite surprising. At first it just looked like a briefcase... but it's at least 2 dead people, a man and a woman. The man is holding the womans hand.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.