+ Reply to Thread
Page 80 of 231 FirstFirst ... 30707172737475767778798081828384858687888990130180 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,600 of 4606

Thread: Lost - Season 1.

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben
    The Diary said Kate and Sawyer "were cozied up". Did I miss something? It also said Sawyer broke out some airline booze back at the caves.

Party crasher Ethan looks too old to be Alex/son of Danielle.

Thinking ahead....if the others succeed in capturing Claire and Charlie, our cast of survivors will face the choice of banding together to form an "army". Unless the others have special powers (did Ethan drag BOTH of them off?) or are sufficiently armed, the survivors could put together quite a team. Sayid and Jin are professionals, Locke is armed and dangerous, Boone and Michael have tempers, Kate looks capable of fighting and Jack looks like he works out a little. Of course, Sawyer will stay behing to work on his tan and beard. They have knives, golf clubs and an axe. Sayid has Danielle's maps. Hurley? Hmmmmmm, Hurley's afraid of blood.

By the way, didn't Ethan go off with Locke to hunt? Could there be something going on between those two now? Is Ethan a shape-shifting "monster" that Locke met in the jungle and made a deal with?
    Last edited by SQUATMAN; 12-05-2004 at 10:47 AM.

You're the second one to mention Ethan and Locke hunting together. Why don't I remember this? Was it in this past week's episode? I want to like Locke, but things aren't looking good. His expression when Sayid came back and spilled the beans wasn't a good one.
    Count your blessings!

I want to like Locke too but there's definitely something going on with him, hopefully we won't have to wait too long to find out what it is.

everyone. I saw all 10 episodes of Lost last week and I'm finally up to date!

Quote Originally Posted by speedbump
    Click to see Spoiler:
    It was either on here or another website, but the writer's did say that one of the main characters would be killed off the first season

Whew, a lot of catching up to do and great theories and speculations. Some things I'd like to learn more about are what was Sayid doing in Australia and more about Kate. We need more air time of her
    I read that
    Click to see Spoiler:
    11/29 - Claire and Dominic start putting together a ledger of everyone who was on the plane they realize that one of the guys whos been living among them was not on the plane. And then .... POOF! Speaking of sugar ... Im hearing that Kate and Sawyer will be more flirty-birdy than she and Jack (at least in the beginning). And that Sayid is going to get a romance of his own. Im hearing that the tide will be coming in and that fuselage will be rolling out Theyll all scramble to get all the goods that they can out of the wreckage before it washes away. I'm hearing Claire will not be around forever, though she will be around for a while ... Locke and Sawyer are not going to go crazy due to meds (see the 11/17 spoilers below about mind-altering medication). Source: Kristin on E!Online
    <br><br>
    This came from http://www.spoilerfix.com/lost.php

Quote Originally Posted by CCL
    I thought the fact the moderators' names were in red indicated blood had been shed.

Anyways, BelfastGirl, you said that Lost was going to be showing in the UK next year? Would that be on terrestrial television or cable?
    Its going to be on E4 on cable and satellite and then it will go to terrestrial TV.
    Act your age, not your shoe size!

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by Belfastgirl
    Its going to be on E4 on cable and satellite and then it will go to terrestrial TV.
    Thanks, wanted to tell my friend in London to watch it!

By the way, didn't Ethan go off with Locke to hunt? Could there be something going on between those two now? Is Ethan a shape-shifting "monster" that Locke met in the jungle and made a deal with?
    Hmmm...that's interesting. I never thought of that.

Regarding the preview for next week: the one I saw (on CTV) didn't show Ethan at all. Just the people looking for Claire and Charlie. Why would Ethan be upset about people looking for him? Wasn't he the one who joined the survivors? Or did he mean looking for him & Charlie & Claire?
    Last edited by CCL; 12-05-2004 at 02:36 PM.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Here's an interesting article from EW on Lost which contains some spoilers;
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Here on the Hawaii set of ABC's hit drama Lost that twisty mystery series about plane crash survivors fending for themselves on a South Pacific island inhabited by polar bears, a sadistic Frenchwoman, and unseen monsters the cameras roll as Kate (Evangeline Lilly) and Jack (Matthew Fox) stare at a mound of dirt marked with a wooden cross.

''Why didn't you just put him with the others when you burned the fuselage?'' asks Kate.

''Because I needed to bury him,'' explains Dr. Jack solemnly.

The two pull out some makeshift shovels and begin exhuming the dead guy, a U.S. marshal who was bringing fugitive Kate to justice before disaster struck. See, this marshal carried a wallet. And that wallet contained a key. And that key opens an impenetrable briefcase. And the contents of that case are important enough...

Here's what's lurking in the more immediate path for our fearful explorers: Locke makes a huge discovery. Someone will build a raft to try to escape. We'll meet other folks on the island who weren't on the plane, and learn two secrets about Hurley. The Bermuda Triangle continues to overlap with the Jack-Kate-Sawyer Triangle. (''I have a feeling that in the near term, it'll be Sawyer and Kate, and in the long term, it'll be Jack and Kate,'' says Fox. ''[But] there's not a whole lot of room for romance in the situation that these people are dealing with.'') Let's also heed this advice from Lindelof: ''The flashbacks serve as a great conduit to learn more about these characters, but that's not all they're there for. The idea that these people way before they got on this airplane have interacted with each other either directly or through third parties is one of the cool pieces of tapestry of the show.''

Of course, our Lost boys and girls have a few ideas of their own about what should happen on Danger Island. ''I'm just hoping it's going to go in this direction where we discover some magic nut in the jungle that's some sort of hallucinogenic,'' says Andrews (Sayid). ''I was hoping it would grow into an area where we have communes and free love.''

Holloway, clearly channeling his character, Sawyer, takes it one hedonistic step further: ''I would like to throw a big party with all my alcohol, and set up a little bar and have the girls dancing on the bar on bamboo stripper poles. It would remove us from all that ehhh for a minute. Dom already has the guitar. You could have people jamming, girls in their little torn-up stuff, and it'd be like, Yeah! Perfect episode.'' The one episode that they won't dare to think about, though, involves the R-word: rescue. ''No, dude,'' scoffs Perrineau. ''I want to have a job.''

I mentioned earlier that I had thought of the Ethan Frome connection for Ethan Rom. But, I had another, totally off the wall thought last night.

I started thinking about Ethan ROM, and the idea of Read Only Memory came to mind. ROM that can be changed only by its 'creator', so to speak. That brought me to consider Ethan as possibly Artificial Intelligence as a possibility.

Okay. Go ahead and start laughing folks. I deserve it, but I did think of this and thought I'd share it.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Can't seem to quote the spoiler from fanatic without it being revealed... but for those of you who read it there was an interesting new tidbit about the flashbacks that I've seen no sign of yet unless I missed something.

Anybody think Claire's baby will disappear shortly after being born, and then part of next season will involve the castaways having to search for it? TVland doesn't seem to like babies very much, so I'm thinking the baby won't be around for very long.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter
    You're the second one to mention Ethan and Locke hunting together. Why don't I remember this? Was it in this past week's episode? I want to like Locke, but things aren't looking good. His expression when Sayid came back and spilled the beans wasn't a good one.
    Ethan and Locke were hunting in the previous episode: "Solitary", the episode that was based on Sayid.

We didn't actually see them hunting, they just showed up in the cave one night and gave Hurley some luggage they had found while they were out hunting. (It contained the golf clubs.) He expressed surprise that they had been hunting at night, and Locke said Ethan had found some tracks that were possibly rabbit or rodent, and Hurley said, "Rodent. Yum."
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyStardust
    Anybody think Claire's baby will disappear shortly after being born, and then part of next season will involve the castaways having to search for it? TVland doesn't seem to like babies very much, so I'm thinking the baby won't be around for very long.
    Unless this island has yet more hidden resources (like that electric cable?) if there is any note of reality at all they can't take a newborn from its mom or it will starve to death. So far see no sign of milk giving animals or crops you could make into a gruel a baby might survive on for a while.

Thanks Qboots. I didn't think it was on this past week's show and Ethan wasn't on my radar yet the episode before that. So it was Locke and "some guy" in my brain. Tsk, tsk. Must pay better attention.
    Count your blessings!

Our show is on tonight!
    I saw some previews today when I was home at lunch. They were slightly different than some I had seen before. They went by fast, but here's what I caught:
    -- Sayid telling Sawyer that someone is in the jungle - he heard voices
    -- Locke telling Kate (?) to be quiet (actually just going "shhhhhhh")
    -- Jack laying on the ground, Ethan's foot is on his chest, and Ethan is telling him not to keep looking for "them" (assuming Claire and Charlie)
    -- Jack and Kate in the jungle hearing a loud scream (sounds like Claire)
    There was more, but it went by so fast that I didn't catch it all. I'm really looking forward to tonight's show!

And away we go:

Hurley comes into the cave, tells them that it's Ethan who's not on the manifest. They realize Charlie & Claire are missing, Jack & Locke go after them. They find Claire's bag, 3 sets of footprints, drag marks and signs of a struggle.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Jack searches alone, Locke goes back to cave for supplies and more searchers. They'll look north, Michael will lead another search party south.

Flashbacks show Jack intervening in a surgery his dad was performing, where dad's hands were shaking - probably from booze. Patient died.

Locke feels guilty about not picking up any strange vibes from Ethan. Jack feels guilty about not believing someone was trying to harm Claire.

Boone is going to mark their trail with red ties around the trees. They spot the "L" that Charlie had taped on his finger.

Kate has learned some tracking skills from hunting with her army-ranger dad. She thinks Ethan may be dropping Charlie's possessions as a false trail. She and Jack go one way, Locke and Boone go the other.

Walt fills Sawyer in on Claire & Charlie's disappearance, and Sayid's return.

Boone thinks Locke was either a taxidermist or a hitman in real life. Locke says he was a Regional Collections Supervisor for a box manufacturing company.

Flashback shows Dr. Shephard filling out a bogus report on the patient's death. Jack threatens to expose his drinking, but signs the report anyway.

Sawyer goes to the cave, Sayid tells him about Danielle, and noises in the jungle. And that he's ashamed of what he did to Sawyer. Sawyer tells him the signal fire is still burning, but the tide will wash the fuselage away soon.

Hurley and Walt play backgammon on the beach. Hurley's down $20,000.

Locke and Boone have lost the trail. Locke says it will start raining in one minute, and it does. Boone runs some kind of wedding business for his mom's empire.

Jack & Kate find Charlie's "T". They climb a steep hill, then Jack falls down and is attacked by Ethan, who threatens to kill Claire or Charlie if they don't stop following them. Ethan kicks the crap out of Jack.

Flashback shows Dr. Shephard consoling the dead patient's family, and then explaining to the hospital board what happened. Apparently she was pregnant. Jack finally speaks up about his dad's drinking problem.

Kate & Jack come across Charlie's limp body, blindfolded and hanging from a tree. Kate climbs up and cuts him down. Jack does CPR for a long time. Kate cries and tells him to stop. He does, but then starts again, and Charlie finally comes to.

And I'm bawling like a baby.
    Last edited by Qboots; 12-08-2004 at 10:09 PM.

Well now we know why Mom blamed Jack for Dad taking off.. Jack told the truth about the woman dying when he found out she was pregnant and that is why he said 'not again' in his quest to save Claire/baby. Also, I'm not an expert in CPR but I think Jack only breathed into Charlie's mouth twice and the rest of the time was pumping and thumping on his chest. But oh well. It worked. For a minute I thought the producers had lied to us when they said they wouldn't get rid of Charlie because Dom is one of their most famous actors on the show. He looked major dead to me.

+ Reply to Thread