+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 461 FirstFirst ... 5454647484950515253545556575859606162636465105155 ... LastLast

Thread: Lost - Season 1.

Here's what I think about Locke:

I think he died in the crash & that he's a ghost or supernatural being there to help them. I hope I'm wrong, b/c I think that's kinda lame.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Lucy and Kevin...so cute! Reality tv fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlieBug
    RealityTVfan, just continuing my other post since I accidentally posted before I was done recapping.
    Claire found an envelope with Sayed's name on it and gave it to him. He was very happy to see that it wasn't lost, and it was pictures of a woman.
    Rose (the black woman who Jack sat next to on the plane) had been sitting off by herself on the beach with no food and water since the crash. Jack went to talk to her and just sat next to her until she was ready to talk. She wears her husband's wedding ring around her neck because his fingers swell when they fly. She believes that her husband is still alive and that those who were in the tail of the plane are alive and think they (those on the beach) are all dead. Jack gets her to go back to the beach with the others for the memorial.
    Focus of the show was on Locke and his background. Come to find out, he's the one who was in the wheelchair before the crash and after the crash is healed and can walk again. In his "real" life, he works a crappy office job with a young jerk for a boss. His life seems real sad as he was "in love" with a woman named Helen, and as you can see from the posts on the board there is debate over who she really is. There is also some speculation as to whether or not Locke really is a secret agent or spy or was at one time a real colonel. Anyway, he's the one who suggests they hunt for boars (they do this with the knives he has). Kate and Michael go with him to hunt and Michael talks when he isn't supposed to and the boar rushes at them, injuring Michael. Kate tends to Michael while Locke goes off to hunt the boar himself. While doing so, he sees the "monster". However, he survives (and later denies seeing a monster) and returns to the beach with a boar for food.
    Jack saw a man in a black suit near the trees in the jungle several times. We don't know who this is or what this is about (hallucinations? something spooky? who knows?)
    Shannon convinces Charlie to fish for her and he does get her one fish. He finds out that she was using him for food. Poor guy - he looked so sad. He's almost out of his stash.
    If I missed anything, someone else jump in.

Charliebug, thank you very much for the recap, I set my VCR to tape at 9pm , and it turned out to be on at 8 ...GRRRR. Sounds like a great episode, and I'm totally stunned about Locke

Someone (Jay?) had mentioned that the diary was updated on ABC. I just read it, and I am totally convinced now that the person writing this diary is someone we have not been introduced to yet. There are too many references to all the main characters we do know, so therefore it obviously isn't one of them. I'm curious to know if and when we'll be introduced to the Diary Writer.

Quote Originally Posted by Reality tv fan
    Charliebug, thank you very much for the recap, I set my VCR to tape at 9pm , and it turned out to be on at 8 ...GRRRR. Sounds like a great episode, and I'm totally stunned about Locke
    No problem! My brain doesn't allow me to think deep enough to generate any discussion pertaining to the mysteries of LOST so the most I can do is recap! (Side note: I will however present some of the theories on this board to Mr. Bug to make it appear I am a deep thinker - hee hee).

Last night was amazing.....

Locke and the wheelchair suprised me...The office scences made me have flashbacks of Office Space too...I love that movie...

One thing that bugs me is when they returned from the hunt, (kate and Walt), w/o Locke and no one was really concerned that he was missing..Kate and Walt looked somber and not bothered by the fact that Locke was possibly eaten by some weird creature...This all goes back to the first trip, where Sawyer (??) shot the polar bear,, and when the group got back to the beach they did not say anything about it...What is going on with this?

Quote Originally Posted by Honeyoats
    One thing that bugs me is when they returned from the hunt, (kate and Walt), w/o Locke and no one was really concerned that he was missing..Kate and Walt looked somber and not bothered by the fact that Locke was possibly eaten by some weird creature...This all goes back to the first trip, where Sawyer (??) shot the polar bear,, and when the group got back to the beach they did not say anything about it...What is going on with this?
    That's a good point. The only reason I can figure is that they don't want to upset the rest of the survivors and cause an uproar - or have people freak out and run off to danger.

Did anyone else read the MSN article about "Inside Lost"? I'm too tired to hunt it down and quote it now, but besides talking about the monster playing less of a role for a while it talked about how minor characters will step up to major roles and major characters may get bumped off just to remind us that you never know when your time is up. Also that individual actors are the only ones who know the specifics of their characters. I thought that was interesting. So, for instance, Charlie was the only one who knew that his character had a drug problem until it was revealed in filming. Nobody knows Kate's story but Kate, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter
    Also that individual actors are the only ones who know the specifics of their characters. I thought that was interesting. So, for instance, Charlie was the only one who knew that his character had a drug problem until it was revealed in filming. Nobody knows Kate's story but Kate, etc.
    That is interesting - and very cool! This allows them to not just "act" the part, but really feel the same level of expecation that the viewers are feeling to find out what is going to happen, who has done what, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieBug
    That's a good point. The only reason I can figure is that they don't want to upset the rest of the survivors and cause an uproar - or have people freak out and run off to danger.
    You are right about not wanting to freak everyone else out....But other castaways did not seem to worried anyway...

If I were there, the first thing I would have done is asked where locke was, ya know????? Noticing only two made it back....I think it was Shannon who said 'Well it looks like they didn't get the boar' or something to that effect..'Not hey were is the old guy?'

FORT Fan
    Okay, anyone else think that we're turning into trekkies here?

Here's my other "theory" I haven't seen posted yet.

I believe the plane was perhaps trapped and brought down on purpose by either whatever that monster thing is or whoever that person is in the suit.

If I were on that island and people were being chased and eaten by some huge animal... I think they should share that info so they can figure out how to protect themselves.

I think Locke is just one of these guys who never actually did anything, but studied all about military stuff, played the games, etc. I had the impression the person he was talking to was a phone sex person.

I bet Rose isn't in denial. I bet her husband and others will end up being found alive somewhere.

They still haven't started building shelter or exploring the island at all. They have no clue how big it is. I still say there is a club med on the other side.

They will keep us hanging with all of these secrets for the entire season if not longer. If we knew it all now we'd have no reason to be so obsessed with figuring it all out.

+ Reply to Thread