+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 461 FirstFirst ... 3434445464748495051525354555657585960616263103153 ... LastLast

Thread: Lost - Season 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf
    Wow! Tonight's episode was great. I would've never imagined that Locke was in a wheel-chair and that he was living in a fantasy world. Now, we know that the miracle happened to him. If he didn't see the 'monster', he at least heard it, so I wonder why he didn't discuss it a little bit more with Walt's dad.

A friend of mine was wondering how they would stretch out the story about the monster. I think having the stories of each of the characters is filling in the episodes nicely. I love the way we get to discover a little bit more about each character. Even Sawyer isn't as bad as his outside appearance would suggest.
    Wouldn't it really suck if at the end of the season we discover that Locke really was living in a fantasy world and "dreamed" the whole season? I've been scared by Dallas for life.

OK, I'm going to show my ignorance here. What is a TPS report?

toothdoc

Question . . . Am I misremembering, or in the previews for next week, doesn't Locke say something about "I've looked into the face of magic" . . . or something like that? I thought he was talking about having seen the monster . . . but now I don't know.

I'm also raising my hand to say that I was completely sucked in at first into thinking Locke was a super-spy or something. Very interesting to see how that turned out. Also, when he was on the phone with Helen, he said something about how good it felt to finally tell (I forget the name) off. Was he talking about his boss? I would love to think that he gave him a piece of his mind and walked off his job.

I also think that Helen was a 1-900 kinda girl, and that he read way too much into their relationship. Totally sad.

Charlie - I don't think he changed his tape message this week . . .I always look for that.

Sayid - I hope we get to see some background info on him and get to know who the pretty girl is in his pics. Girlfriend he left back home? Wife? What led him to leave his country, etc?

I was glad, though, that Sayid finally voiced what so many of us have said - that if that message had been playing for 16 years, then there must be a power source somewhere. It will be intersting to see what it is.
    I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's like OCD except that the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be!

Jay
    I don't think Charlie changed his message either.

Pseudo science? Hmm, are the producers referring to the afterlife? You know, seeing a white light after passing away.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay
    I don't think Charlie changed his message either.
    The only difference I noticed was when Charlie tried to get a hit the first time, the L was turned sideways so far, all you could see was the word "ATE". Since this show focused alot on finding food, it would be appropriate.

Pseudo science? Hmm, are the producers referring to the afterlife? You know, seeing a white light after passing away.
    I don't know. But the term pseudo-science does leave the door open wider than I was originally thinking. Cryptozoology (the study of unknown animals) as well as the study of "x-file" type phenomena could both be described as pseudo-sciences. I'm wondering if the monster is maybe not so much a "magical" being so much as a shared psychological event. Is that possible? I don't know. Ask Jung.

Jay
    ABC's website has a preview of next week's show. Also, the diary page has been updated.

-------------------------------------------------

Wednesday, October 20, 8/7c
    "White Rabbit"
    Jack is near delirious from lack of sleep and struggles to overcome the haunting events that brought him to Australia and, subsequently, to the island. Meanwhile, Boone gets caught in a treacherous riptide, the pregnant Claire's health takes a bad turn, and a thief may have stolen the last bottles of water.

Jay
    I'm wondering about what Locke saw. I don't think it was a monster or anything fearsome. He didn't look terrified at all, more stunned or awed. Perhaps he saw what he perceived to be a deity?

I don't imagine there's much left that would awe Locke, after experiencing his own personal miracle. I wonder if anyone else is experiencing something miraculous happening and keeping quiet about it? Maybe you can count Walt getting his dog back a bit of a miracle. How that animal survived in the cargo hold during the crash is amazing.

Came by here to bring up the idea of Purgatory (along the lines of what DJeterFan and december12 were posting) - seems that idea has already been discussed. Going to have to go back and read 22 pages of stuff I missed now.
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

FORT Fogey
    Interesting thought Jay. So far, unlike many of the other passengers, Locke has seen this event as miracle in his life. No wonder he was acting so weirdly happy the first few shows. This would fit with my theory that the monster's being depends on the psychological state of the one seeing it.
    Charlie described himself as a coward and described the monster as "Gargantuan". He was terrified.
    Sawyer courageously stood up to the creature (behind the protection of a gun), and the creature was only as frightening as a polar bear (still scary but not quite as bad).
    And Locke was awed by the creature's presence and by his lack of fear, escaped unharmed.

I know this theory sounds crazy, and doesn't really fit with the producers pseudo-science idea, but the theme of fear just seems to come up every show. Right from the beginning, Jack talked of his trick to allow himself to feel fear for only five seconds, Kate used the same trick, Charlie talked of himself as a coward, Sawyer showed courage by facing the creature and by feebly attempting to end the "marshall's" life, (something no one else was able to do), and Locke shows courage by attempting to do some things that everyone has always told him he cannot do. Oh, and Kate mentions to Walt's dad how Walt is a very brave kid.

And I'm probably completely wrong. But it's kind of fun to think about.
    Last edited by toque; 10-14-2004 at 09:30 AM.

Lucy and Kevin...so cute! Reality tv fan's Avatar
    Ok, I guess I did miss last nights show, can anyone be nice enough to give me a recap?

thanks.

+ Reply to Thread