+ Reply to Thread
Page 458 of 461 FirstFirst ... 358408448449450451452453454455456457458459460461 LastLast
Results 4,571 to 4,580 of 4606

Thread: Lost - Season 1.

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben
    I'll admit

I shouted when it was announced.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by SQUATMAN
    I'll admit

I shouted when it was announced.
    Me, too! They all really looked happy...altho I never saw more than the back of what I think was "Claire's" head.

And by the way, just read a New York Times article on LOST (yes, the big leagues!) where the writers said it is not a dream, it is not Purgatory, and it is NOT an experiment of some kind, and I know I've still seen that guess around recently.

Lea
    I was watching an Emmy post show on E television and they pulled up Terry and Josh and did an interview with them. Josh was smiling the whole time and the expression on his face was one of pure glee. And Terry looked pretty happy too considering he 'lost' the emmy.Sorry I had to do that. The interviewers were trying to get secrets from them about season 2,but they never spilled the beans. It was neat to see.

for Lost - best drama and best directing!
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

FORT Fan
    I hope someone can help here!

In Kristen's Monday chat, she talked to Damon. Here is one of the Q & A's:

From newfgirls: Is Locke good or evil? Do you know at this point?
    We definitely know, and we definitely have sort of an approach to the character. I think what's really cool about the show, and this is not a copout, is that every one of our characters has both good and evil in them, and it's all a matter of perspective. When you look at Kate or Sawyer, you see that they've done bad things, but then you explore them further and you begin to understand why they do the things they do and why they act the way they act. Locke, in that first scene, the first words he speaks in the show were very deliberate in that backgammon scene. He says everything about his character and what our feelings are about his character to Walt. Check out the DVD if you're wondering the answer to that question, and it'll make a lot more sense when the show's all said and done.

So my question is, does anyone remember this scene? I would love to know what is said here!

TIA,

Beth

12 nominations, 6 awards. Not bad for the first season!

Quote Originally Posted by bethw12000
    Locke, in that first scene, the first words he speaks in the show were very deliberate in that backgammon scene. He says everything about his character and what our feelings are about his character to Walt. Check out the DVD if you're wondering the answer to that question, and it'll make a lot more sense when the show's all said and done.

So my question is, does anyone remember this scene? I would love to know what is said here!
    Vaguely. (It was a long time ago. )

Walt tells Locke about himself and Locke says "You're having a bad month." Then he tells Walt that Backgammon is the oldest game in the world. Archeologists have found 5,000-year old sets from Mesopotamia with dice made from bone. And there are 2 sides: light and dark. He then asks Walt: "Do you want to know a secret?" We don't find out until the following episode that he told Walt a miracle happened to him.

I'm not sure that makes anything more clear though.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Lea
    Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    12 nominations, 6 awards. Not bad for the first season!

Vaguely. (It was a long time ago. )

Walt tells Locke about himself and Locke says "You're having a bad month." Then he tells Walt that Backgammon is the oldest game in the world. Archeologists have found 5,000-year old sets from Mesopotamia with dice made from bone. And there are 2 sides: light and dark. He then asks Walt: "Do you want to know a secret?" We don't find out until the following episode that he told Walt a miracle happened to him.

I'm not sure that makes anything more clear though.
    I think the miracle he was talking about was his sudden ability to walk.I hope this gets answered in season 2.

"Destination:Lost" is on right now. A recap of season 1.

It starts out with Jack and Ana-Lucia in the airport lounge.

(Peter Coyote is doing the narration! )

Now scenes of Jack & Rose on the plane, and the crash itself.

No new footage, but I think everything will be in chronological order, to refresh our memories.

Walt looks at Hurley's Spanish comic book. The group of 6 hike to higher ground and hear the mysterious French transmission.
    Last edited by Qboots; 09-21-2005 at 08:18 PM.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Jack and Rose sit on the beach and discuss her dead-or-alive husband, Bernard.

Locke sees the "monster". Then he tells Jack that the castaways need Jack to be a leader. And that they were all marooned there for a reason.

Jack has hallucinations of his Dad. Hey - a flashback! (Jack as a young boy, then as an adult, ratting out dear old Dad to the hospital board. Then Mom sends him to Australia, where Jack finds out his father has died. Then the scene where the airline doesn't want to let the casket onto the plane.)

Back on the island, Jack gives the castaways a pep talk. "If we can't live together, we're going to die alone."

Sayid and Kate harass Sawyer. They think he stole the last of the bottled water.

Now a Sawyer flashback: he's in Sydney trying to track down the man he holds responsible for his parents' death. He runs into Christian Shephard in a bar. Then he kills Frank Duckett, who turns out to be the wrong man.

Back in the jungle, Sawyer asks Jack about his father.

+ Reply to Thread