+ Reply to Thread
Page 455 of 461 FirstFirst ... 355405445446447448449450451452453454455456457458459460461 LastLast
Results 4,541 to 4,550 of 4606

Thread: Lost - Season 1.

Watched (in successions) Episodes 1 through 4 (Disc one) of the series. Everytime a number came up, I nudged my husband. Its amazing how much the numbers stand out to me now.

A few other things stood out: (sorry for my ramblings, by the way, my head is just full of way too much information and I'm reading into everything. These are just observations - things that really stood out to me viewing it this time. Going to watch Disc 2 tonight, plus the spoilers, so by tomorrow I'll be like this -----> )

Vincent (the dog) was clearly watching the group (Jack,Kate, Charlie) as they first headed off looking for the cockpit (you may recall that eventually the pilot was pulled from the wreckage by the "monster"), leaving me to speculate the relationship between Vincent and the "monster" or how they are intertwined.

The noise the "moster" made in the opening two episodes is exactly the same as the noise from the "chain" (?) pulling Locke in the final episodes (kind of a cranking of chans on a gear, although greatly amplified). Also, it sounded to me like metal hatches closing (or maybe it sounded that way to me beacuse now I know there is at least one hatch on the island, I guess)

Sayid is clear in that if the (French woman's) transmission has been playing for 16 years there must be a power source on the island. Why, I wonder, did he not later connect that the cable running out of the ocean to the French woman's digs may be connected (underwater) to a power source

Kate knew the Federal Marshall very well (obviously) but also tried to save him, putting the oxygen mask on him prior to the ultimate crash. He calls her Kate, too, so I'm thinking that probably IS her real name.

For all the Shannon hate her on the board, she has evolved drastically from the beyotch she was in the first few episodes.

Locke (as much as a lurve him) is more eerie viewing it this time, and Hurley even more endearing. Also, it reminded me that when Jack is speaking to Rose about the tail section being gone and the people dead, Rose states (about the people in the tail section) "they are probably thinking the same thing about us"

Its striking how many times the phrase "the others" is mentioned - it seems to be innocent conversations (ie: we can't tell "the others" about the French woman's transmission, etc) but knowing about The Others now, it really gets into your head every time you hear the phrase. Wacky, I know, but my ears perked up every time I heard it, looking for clues / hints / foreshadowing / further information.

Bamboo seems to be a safe place to seek refuge from the "monster". Kate hides there. Walt (later) hides there. In fact, Jack, in the opening scene of the whole series, is laying in a grove of bamboo when we comes to. Seems impossible to me that he landed there, so far away from the rest of the survivors and the wreckage - he must've dropped straight down, because none of the bamboo around him had been broken or had fallen - - almost as if he had been placed there

Obviously, I'm WAY too into this show
    Reading way too much into everything. Looking for connections where perhaps none exist.
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

Lea
    Good news everyone,I don't have to wait till next week,it arrived yesterday.Yippie.Watched a little bit of the bonus disk and saw Mathew Fox reading for Saywer and it seemed strange for him to be that part because we are all used to him being Jack.

The broccoli must die!!! Canada Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by norm
    I went to Best Buy and got the bonus DVD. What follows is a list of what is on it and a brief synopsis. I will spoiler it for those who haven't watched it yet, though there aren't any huge spoilers on it.

Click to see Spoiler:

First it has tons of commercials for Desperate Housewives DVD, Lost, and other old shows coming out on DVD.

Then there are six items in the menu:

Lost: The Journey- The recap episode.

Flashbacks and Mythology- Producers, etc. explain the importance of the flashbacks. We get to learn more about the characters than the people on the island. Flashbakcs also show that the group was more lost in their past life than in present life.

Notice that there are no camera moves in flashback, just wide angle shots, compared to the island when the camera moves around. Producers also note that they keep blue and green out of wardrobe, etc. in flashback to contrast with the island. Prop selection, names, and crossing storylines are very intentional.

How much mythology in each episode? That's a hard question for the producers. One said the French woman and the mystery of Alex will be an integral part. Season one was background to learn about people. Season 2 flashbacks will continue to explore who they are. Also, there will be more exploration of the island.

The producers promised to dish out enough answers so that people will not get frustrated.

Lost on Location: The Moth- Talks about Charlie overcoming drugs while showing shots of the cast on location at the church, and scenes from the episodes

Lost on Location: White Rabbit- Shots of Jack in the jungle and on the beach with cameras around. There is some talk about the intricacies of the relationship with his father. Then they explain the dangling from the cliff scene and we meet Jack's stunt double. Terry O'Quinn says he learned how to throw knives while on the show.

Lost: The Complete First Season- A long commercial for the DVD

Lost: Season 2- A pretty unrevealing promo with the tag line "They not the survivors they thought they were."

Thanks Norm!

Quote Originally Posted by ADKLove
    Its striking how many times the phrase "the others" is mentioned - it seems to be innocent conversations (ie: we can't tell "the others" about the French woman's transmission, etc) but knowing about The Others now, it really gets into your head every time you hear the phrase. Wacky, I know, but my ears perked up every time I heard it, looking for clues / hints / foreshadowing / further information.
    OMG, I noticed the same thing! Sun says it, Jack says it, I think Kate says it, and I think even Locke says it! And that's just in the first 6 episodes or so!

FORT Fan
    Norm - thanks for sharing those extras with us!

I am trying to rent the DVD set, but they are out everywhere I have called.

Guess I will need to be patient for awhile!

Sorry if this is posted above but right now ABC Family is airing a 30min. special called LOST: The Journey. A recap of the first season. Maybe it will air again. Nothing new about it 10minutes in tho.

Thanks ADK and Norm for all the info on the DVD! I have been dragging my feet on buying it, but now feel sufficiently inspired to run right out!

FORT Fan
    Does anyone remember the name of the episode where Hurley went to see Danielle?

I want to read some of the messages on that episode, but don't know where to start.

TIA,

Beth

I think it's called Numbers

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by VanJagSol
    I think it's called Numbers
    Thanks! That was it!

Oh good. I was pretty sure but not positive. I just got all caught up with season 1 and had to go through the episode guide to figure out what disc I was on. WTF is with those weirdos taking Walter?

+ Reply to Thread