+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lost - Season 1.

The broccoli must die!!! Canada Champ's Avatar
    Argh, I'm so mad. Late Monday night, I found out that Best Buy would have a bonus disc, with the Lost: Journeys recap ep on it. So Tuesday I went to my Best Buy (in Canada) and all they had as a bonus was a t-shirt. So I buy it. I go home, start watching the eps, and I find out that Future Shop here in Canada had the disc, and that Best Buy in the US had the disc. I emailed Best Buy and asked them if I could exchange my shirt for the disc (since it's the same company as Future Shop) and they said no.

In the pilot episode, the scene where that black little cloud swoops down and touches the plane before it explodes is still there. I even paused and slow-played it, and it's pretty obvious. On the commentary for the ep, they don't even mention it though as it happens.

Another cool thing: on the commentary, sometimes they actually cut away from the episode and show backstage stuff. Right now, they just cut away to how the plane wing came down, and they're even having commentaries on that.

Lea
    Quote Originally Posted by ADKLove
    Lea. Bad news - you won't get it until next week.
    Good news - your husband ordered it for you in the first place.
    More good news - at least he thought enough to save some money
    Yeah he's a good guy most of the time At least he didn't cancell the order all together. I asked him what he wanted for our day and he said Futurama season 4. I went to Meijer after work to buy it and they didn't have it. I felt a little vindicated in a sad sort of way. Hey CC I like your new avitar.

Lea
    Hey CC just by the other dvd at Future Shop if they have it and then return the other one at Best Buy. If you have the reciept then they can't say anything to you about returning it. I work in retail and people return stuff all the time.

I already opened the box though. And on the receipt it said that they won't accept opened DVDs/video games/CDs/software/etc. But they might still accept it?

Edit: Thanks, thought it was time for a change of looks. Stewie is Da Man!

What the BLEEP do we know tigergirl's Avatar
    Why is ABC skipping episodes like crazy in the reruns? I wish they had started doing two a week earlier on so they could show them all. It's a bummer for those of us who didn't see it all the way through the first time and were promised the run "from beginning to end"!!

Quote Originally Posted by tigergirl
    Why is ABC skipping episodes like crazy in the reruns? I wish they had started doing two a week earlier on so they could show them all. It's a bummer for those of us who didn't see it all the way through the first time and were promised the run "from beginning to end"!!
    For those who have just started watching, it doesn't seem fair. I find myself having to do a mental "fill in" of what took place in the between epi's each week. I think the synopsis is still available on abc, and that might help fill in for you.

Lea
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada Champ
    I already opened the box though. And on the receipt it said that they won't accept opened DVDs/video games/CDs/software/etc. But they might still accept it?

Edit: Thanks, thought it was time for a change of looks. Stewie is Da Man!
    Well,you could tell them the dvd is defective, but I don't know if you want to lie or not?

Yeah I dont really wanna lie about it. Oh well, maybe I was never meant to have that bonus disc.

Maybe someone here on FORT has it and can tell us everything that's on it.

FORT Fan
    I went to Best Buy and got the bonus DVD. What follows is a list of what is on it and a brief synopsis. I will spoiler it for those who haven't watched it yet, though there aren't any huge spoilers on it.

Click to see Spoiler:

First it has tons of commercials for Desperate Housewives DVD, Lost, and other old shows coming out on DVD.

Then there are six items in the menu:

Lost: The Journey- The recap episode.

Flashbacks and Mythology- Producers, etc. explain the importance of the flashbacks. We get to learn more about the characters than the people on the island. Flashbakcs also show that the group was more lost in their past life than in present life.

Notice that there are no camera moves in flashback, just wide angle shots, compared to the island when the camera moves around. Producers also note that they keep blue and green out of wardrobe, etc. in flashback to contrast with the island. Prop selection, names, and crossing storylines are very intentional.

How much mythology in each episode? That's a hard question for the producers. One said the French woman and the mystery of Alex will be an integral part. Season one was background to learn about people. Season 2 flashbacks will continue to explore who they are. Also, there will be more exploration of the island.

The producers promised to dish out enough answers so that people will not get frustrated.

Lost on Location: The Moth- Talks about Charlie overcoming drugs while showing shots of the cast on location at the church, and scenes from the episodes

Lost on Location: White Rabbit- Shots of Jack in the jungle and on the beach with cameras around. There is some talk about the intricacies of the relationship with his father. Then they explain the dangling from the cliff scene and we meet Jack's stunt double. Terry O'Quinn says he learned how to throw knives while on the show.

Lost: The Complete First Season- A long commercial for the DVD

Lost: Season 2- A pretty unrevealing promo with the tag line "They not the survivors they thought they were."

+ Reply to Thread