+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lost - Season 1.

Quote Originally Posted by tigergirl
    Spinner claims that he was hired by Sid and Marty Krofft Prods. in 1977 to write, produce and develop a script for a TV program to be produced by ABC that was titled "Lost." It was about a group of airplane crash survivors who struggle to survive in a jungle where they encounter strange creatures and dangerous characters.
    The funny thing is that Sid and Marty Krofft's schtick was things like "Land of the Lost", "H.R. Puffnstuff" and "Sigmund and the Sea Monsters." There were strange and dangerous creatures running around in most of their productions. And why would they commission a show called "Lost" in 1977, when they already had the hit show "Land of the Lost" on the air since 1974? Which was, essentially, about a group of people, marooned in a scary jungle filled with dangerous creatures and no hope of being rescued? The only major difference would be that they were stranded by an airplane crash, rather than a raft disaster.

This claim doesn't hold water in my opinion!

Besides the above argument, Krofft productions were more than a little cheeseball and very family-friendly. The end result would be a totally different show than what Lost is today.
    ( Lost 2 is almost here!)
    I'll do graffiti if you sing to me in French

Thanks totoro!
    "Land of the Lost" I had completely forgotten that show, and I never knew who was behind it. Good thinking!

The broccoli must die!!! Canada Champ's Avatar
    Well the first season box set comes out in 2 days. Who here, besides me, is getting it?

Lea
    I am. And I'm waiting on pins and needles til it arives. I have to work on Tuesday so it will be like a little gift when work is done,kind of like a reward for working all day.BTW it is being shipped to my house. Yipee!

The broccoli must die!!! Canada Champ's Avatar
    I'll be getting it at Best Buy at around 11am. It'll be the perfect thing to watch when I'm on my break at school. Well, I could read my textbooks, but who wants to read for 4 and a half hours! That's like 5 episodes of Lost right there!

Lea
    Your making the right choice CC,your education can wait for a hour. HEHE. And besides I went to a scifi convention and one speaker there did her docteriate on Buffy The Vampire Slayer so why not for Lost! Is anyone out there going to watch the Emmy's? Also this is not Lost related but please donate to the American Red Cross Hurrican Katrina Relief Fund if you haven't done so already! The people in the deep south have nothing left. Any amount at all would be appricated. Thank you.

My Season One on DVD is here! My Season One on DVD is here

Now I've got to figure out how to fit this in between into my reality show viewings!!!

Guess I'm making a couple of pots of tonight - I'll probably end up watching the whole thing nonstop !
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

Lea
    What a bumer! It's not being shipped to my house until next week. My hubby ordered it for me for our anniversary but was saving money for shipping by having it shipped later. What was he thinking! I'm a huge fan. Oh well

Lea. Bad news - you won't get it until next week.
    Good news - your husband ordered it for you in the first place.
    More good news - at least he thought enough to save some money
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

~*Sawyer's Love slave*~ sydneysummers's Avatar
    ~*I ordered it from Amazon but I won't get mine until next week too! Grrrr. I should have just bought it from Best Buy. When will I learn?
    *Maeby*"I drugged him not to go all the way with him"
    *George Michael*"I think even the antidrug people would be okay with that"

+ Reply to Thread