+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lost - Season 1.

CCL
    There was an article in today's paper (The Toronto Star) wherein the reporter talks about how he once went out with Evangeline Lilly when she was 18 (apparently not very successfully). It's an okay article, and we do find out that her real name is Nicole and she changed it to Evangeline at some later date. You have to register to read the article. Anyone who is interested, click here The Toronto Star
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Lea
    I think that Jack and his wife divorced, Jack's dad is not really there, it is Jack's imagination based on the strained relastionship that they had,Baby Turniphead has special powers that we don't know about yet,and I'm not sure yet about Kate's mom. Maybe the cancer medicine effected the way she thought,thinking it was someone else or it could be that she was remembering what Kate did. By the way I don't think that Kate did anything at all.
    Maybe she didn't do anything to her mother, but didn't we see her shoot someone during the bank robbery?

Quote Originally Posted by bethw12000
    Maybe she didn't do anything to her mother, but didn't we see her shoot someone during the bank robbery?
    Yes we did. But she was on the run long before that. Armed robbery was just one more thing to add to her lengthy rap sheet.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Lea
    Has anyone heard anything about the producers or creators of Lost are being sued by someone who claims to have written this show back in the 70's.
    I thought I read this on google news this morning and of course,now it's gone. If this is indeed true it sounds like someone is just trying to cash in on a good thing.Has anyone else read this? Thanks

What the BLEEP do we know tigergirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lea
    Has anyone heard anything about the producers or creators of Lost are being sued by someone who claims to have written this show back in the 70's.
    I thought I read this on google news this morning and of course,now it's gone. If this is indeed true it sounds like someone is just trying to cash in on a good thing.Has anyone else read this? Thanks
    I found this on Yahoo - not sure if I"m supposed to post the text of the article or the link, so I'll do both...

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...v_nm/lost_dc_1
    By Jesse Hiestand
    Mon Aug 22, 9:59 AM ET

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - A Los Angeles writer has sued ABC and producer Touchstone Television for allegedly appropriating his 1977 television concept "Lost" for the network's current hit.

Anthony Spinner filed the suit Friday in Los Angeles Superior Court, seeking unspecified damages for claims including breach of contract and fraud.

Spinner claims that he was hired by Sid and Marty Krofft Prods. in 1977 to write, produce and develop a script for a TV program to be produced by ABC that was titled "Lost." It was about a group of airplane crash survivors who struggle to survive in a jungle where they encounter strange creatures and dangerous characters.

Spinner said the assignment was memorialized in a written contract among himself, Krofft and ABC. He said he was entitled to a "written by" and "created by" credit as well as episodic royalties, producing fees and a percentage of the profits.

"Plaintiff has a right to payment and a right to royalties from ABC and Touchstone as a result of their profit," according to the complaint.

ABC declined comment on the lawsuit. Both ABC and Touchstone are units of Walt Disney Co.

Lea
    Thanks Tigergirl. I read that at 4 in the morning and wasn't sure if I dreamt it or not.

What the BLEEP do we know tigergirl's Avatar
    My pleasure. I thought the promos last night for season 2 and for the DVD set were really great - especially the one with Locke. The producers are definitely keeping my interest going (as if that would be hard at this point!)

Interesting info on the lawsuit - Thank you Tigergirl! Sounds like there may be some truth to it. Taking it all the way to court can be expensive otherwise, and could ruin your career along the way. Of course, JJ and creative team may have changed most or all of the original storyline from what/how he conceived it. May be interesting to see how this will play out!

CCL
    Whenever something is a success there is always a lawsuit. I seriously doubt the man's pitch/screenplay sat around for 30 years and then JJ Abrams came along and stole it. I don't think the lawsuit will amount to anything. But who knows.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Lea
    This lawsuit might bring publicity to the show. Not that is needs any, but it might.

+ Reply to Thread