+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lost - Season 1.

The broccoli must die!!! Canada Champ's Avatar
    I'm betting that, as the seasons go on, more and more castaways will develop or show signs of having powers. So far, Locke has Magic Legs, and Walt has 'Thought Becoming Reality', I wonder what the other powers would be that the castaways would develop...

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben
    We know Locke encountered something while boar hunting. Then in the finale, Locke had no fear of going to get a second encounter.

We can't assume both of Locke's encounters were with the same thing, especially when the first time, what Locke saw was a slow moving, above-the-ground Thing.

I don't think Locke has any sort of power of control over others. There has been no evidence of that, and his second encounter showed he was at the mercy of whatever snatched him.

Lea
    I think he encountered two different things with each time. The first was a good"monster" the second one was a very evil "monster".

Quote Originally Posted by Canada Ranger
    I'm betting that, as the seasons go on, more and more castaways will develop or show signs of having powers. So far, Locke has Magic Legs, and Walt has 'Thought Becoming Reality', I wonder what the other powers would be that the castaways would develop...
    Shannon can whine people to death
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

Lea
    Quote Originally Posted by babymay
    Shannon can whine people to death
    LOL LOL LOL LOL That was the funniest thing ever posted!

For those that are interested, here's an article from the Sci Fi Wire:http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire2005/index.php?id=31371

I'm going to spoiler it only because it mentions possible rumours floating around and some people may not want to know. I hope it wasn't posted already. I try to keep up with all the posts but sometimes I forget what I've read from day-to-day

Lost Writer Offers A Hint
    Click to see Spoiler:

Javier Grillo-Marxuach, a writer and supervising producer of ABC's hit Lost, offered SCI FI Wire only a tantalizing hint about Michelle Rodriguez, who joins the regular cast in the show's upcoming second season. "We know she made mention of sitting in the back of the plane," Grillo-Marxuach said in an interview, referring to Rodriguez's brief scene in a flashback with Jack (Matthew Fox). "So does that mean if she survived, others survived? I guess it could mean that, couldn't it? It's just one of those things where you have to go, 'Uh, ha!'"

Beyond that, Grillo-Marxuach said of the second season, which gears up soon: "We have a very good idea of the [overall arc] stories of the show. We have a plan for these characters. Now it's just a matter of doing the spade and trowel work and turning them into episodic storylines."

Grillo-Marxuach declined to comment on several rumors about the show. One is that Boone (Ian Somerhalder) is not dead, though he seemed to die at the end of season one, and that the show's creators, J.J. Abrams and Damon Lindelof, are planning to bring him back in season three. Another is that Jack is the only one actually alive and that the series is based on his hallucinations. "What can I tell you [and] can't tell you about Lost?" Grillo-Marxuach said. "At this point, I cannot confirm or deny any rumors. There are so many of those out there, and thank God for that. If people are that excited about the show, well, I'm pretty happy with that."

He added: "I guess I could tell you no, yes, maybe or whatever to just about anything that has been said about Lost. But the fun of the show is to take the journey and to see how all the mysteries unravel." Lost returns in the fall.

If anyone thinks that I did not have to spoiler this (since it's dealing with rumours), please let me know for future postings.

I think it was a good idea to spoiler-it. Thanks for the info!

The one about
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Jack being dead and it's all hallucinations
    is awesome! Haven't heard that one yet.

Click to see Spoiler:
    Someone, PWS, I think, speculated earlier that maybe this was all a daydream/dream of Locke while waiting at the airport or sleeping on the plane. I like that idea a lot better than this being Jack's hallucinations. The story so far seems more logical as a fantasy/dream of Locke than Jack. Mr. Walkabout actually gets to walk again, gets the adventure he always wanted, is acknowledged as an expert and a leader instead of talked down to and made fun of at the box company, etc. If Jack is the only one alive, he's probably struggling mightily just to survive and doesn't have time to come up with all of these entertaining hallucinations. And if I'm Jack and I'm hallucinating, I'd have something going on with Kate by now!

Quote Originally Posted by daddyzgirl
    If anyone thinks that I did not have to spoiler this (since it's dealing with rumours), please let me know for future postings.
    Thanks for the article daddyzgirl! And even though Javi didn't commit to much, it's still wise to spoiler it, since it mentions future casting.

The rule of thumb here is that anything that has aired on TV does not require spoiler tags. Specifically the episodes and the commercials for the next episode. Also any theory you may have such as: "I think there are aliens in the hatch" or "I really hope the monster is a T-Rex" or "I'd rather see Kate with Sawyer than Jack". Stuff like that is fine. But anything concerning the future of the show, such as casting or plotlines, which have come from rumours or interviews, should be spoiler-tagged.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Chach
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Someone, PWS, I think, speculated earlier that maybe this was all a daydream/dream of Locke while waiting at the airport or sleeping on the plane. I like that idea a lot better than this being Jack's hallucinations. The story so far seems more logical as a fantasy/dream of Locke than Jack. Mr. Walkabout actually gets to walk again, gets the adventure he always wanted, is acknowledged as an expert and a leader instead of talked down to and made fun of at the box company, etc. If Jack is the only one alive, he's probably struggling mightily just to survive and doesn't have time to come up with all of these entertaining hallucinations. And if I'm Jack and I'm hallucinating, I'd have something going on with Kate by now!
    Yup, that was me, Chach, but I think that theory was also specifically shot down by the writers in some interview also (altho I still like it)...that is, they said that it didn't hold for any character. at your last line!

+ Reply to Thread