+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 231 FirstFirst ... 32333435363738394041424344454647484950515292142 ... LastLast

Thread: Lost - Season 1.

I stole Texi's idea. Hi, Texi, sweetie!

Quote Originally Posted by weston
    A glitch in the Matrix?

Okay, just verified around 10 minutes into (sans commercials), Jack is talking to Hurley and Charlie about the current *situation*. There's a couple that walk by in the background when Jack is talking. Cuts to Charlie and Hurley, then back to Jack and the SAME couple walk in the EXACT same spot.
    Damn. With this show, you can't tell whether something like that is intentional, or just plain old garden-variety sloppy editing!
    I'll do graffiti if you sing to me in French

Damn you, you little grey cheeto!

Yer hot, totoro !
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

Yer hot, too, Miss Texi. Or is it spelled 'hott' now?

When Locke pulled Jack up from the cliffside, am I the only one that thought of that time when Brandon and Dylan went on a hike?

And to bring this post back on topic: Just revisited the I-AM-LOST game on the ABC site, and discovered that I could build a makeshift antenna with a scrap of metal and the wires. Any one else playing this?

FORT Fogey
    The more I think about the writer's hints, the more convinced I am that this whole thing is psychological.

The producers stated
    First,that they have all lost something.
    Second,that there is nothing "magical" about the show, it's grounded in (pseudo) science.
    Third, (and Ijust found this out), that the characters may have been linked in some way before the accident occured.

Here's my new theory. :rolleyes
    They are in some kind of group therapy. Maybe they are playing this scenario out through a virtual reality game or hypnosis. The monster is psychologically whatever it is they don't want to face mentally. Like a trauma in their lives.
    For example, Charlie isn't just addicted to drugs, he's addicted for a reason... but he's a self proclaimed coward in facing up to whatever it is in himself that compells him to escape reality in such a manner.
    So they are all working as a group to face up to their fears and solve their problems.

Now if that ain't out there, I don't know what is.

FORT Fan
    has anybody mentioned the fact that none of the passengers were supposed to be on that flight.

The woman who drowned got on that plane because of her ear-infection, Jack was there because of the trouble with his father, Locke was there because his plans couldn't continue, Katie is there because she got arrested.

None of them got onto that plane because they planned to be on that plane, they were on it because of unforseen circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by totoro
    I could build a makeshift antenna with a scrap of metal and the wires. Any one else playing this?
    Totoro, how did you do that? I was wondering what we were supposed to be doing on that game! Have you been able to pick up the water bottle?

Quote Originally Posted by Cairon
    has anybody mentioned the fact that none of the passengers were supposed to be on that flight.

The woman who drowned got on that plane because of her ear-infection, Jack was there because of the trouble with his father, Locke was there because his plans couldn't continue, Katie is there because she got arrested.

None of them got onto that plane because they planned to be on that plane, they were on it because of unforseen circumstances.
    Another very good point. Good catch, Cairon. I'm sure once we see some more background stories, that may continue to be the trend.

Going on the 4 year idea, that could be when Kate "committed" her crime.
    Phil: Claire likes to say "You can be part of the problem, or part of the solution." But I happen to believe you can be both. Modern Family

What could have happened to Walt and Michael 4 years ago? Walt's mom just died and I don't think Michael has ever been a part of his life. Maybe mom got sick 4 years ago?

Quote Originally Posted by Catt
    What could have happened to Walt and Michael 4 years ago? Walt's mom just died and I don't think Michael has ever been a part of his life. Maybe mom got sick 4 years ago?

Now that you mention it, I am thinking Michael told someone (Kate?) that Walt and his mother had been in Australia for X amount of time, and if memory serves me, x = 4 years. Does anyone have White Rabbit or Walkabout on TiVo? It was in one of those two episodes!

Quote Originally Posted by JulyMeg
    Totoro, how did you do that? I was wondering what we were supposed to be doing on that game! Have you been able to pick up the water bottle?
    I have not been able to pick up the water, but you build the antenna in the tree over the water bottle. Just drag over the metal scrap, and then the wires. It assembles itself.

Great, thanks totoro!!

OK - stay with me
    what if they (all of them) have actually have been ON THIS ISLAND BEFORE (4 years ago) - in a plane crash (just like the one they were "just" in), and they keep looping through, reliving history, over and over again, until they get it right?????

Too far out there????
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    ok, you all have got me going now. I never paid that much attention to the show, but damn.....you got me thinking.......maybe walts folks split up 4 years ago? as for the rest. i'm going to have to really make sure that i am awake when I watch this again...

Off thread: wonder if i can be a sweet babboo?
    Last edited by joeguy; 10-27-2004 at 05:13 PM.

FORT Fogey
    That's what I was thinking joeguy... maybe what Walt really lost was his father, 4 years earlier.

threadjack:
    Sally: I don't need anyone else. I already have my Sweet Babboo.
    Linus joeguy: I'm not your Sweet Babboo!
    Sally: He is, but he thinks he isn't.
    end threadjack
    Last edited by ADKLove; 10-27-2004 at 05:37 PM.
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    Quote Originally Posted by ADKLove
    threadjack:
    Sally: I don't need anyone else. I already have my Sweet Babboo.
    Linus joeguy: I'm not your Sweet Babboo!
    Sally: He is, but he thinks he isn't.
    end threadjack
    . ok that made me chuckle out loud and what a memory on the way that went.

end thread jack

Too cold to run away! Burntcrow's Avatar
    5 minutes!

Nerds Just Wanna Have Fun Boredom's Avatar
    Wow - that was a new beginning. Have we ever seen the plane crash from Charlie's point of view before? That was definitely very cool.

And so was the beginning... the opened it with someone opening their eyes again. I wonder if they're going to do that every episode....

And wow... Sun's rich and Jin's not? Hmm...

WOAH! That was strange... out of nowhere...

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben
    the Charlie flashback was from ep 2 or 3

odd that they mixed it in, understandable precursor for tonight, eh?

Jin's pissed

+ Reply to Thread