+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lost - Season 1.

Pilot episode

things that i noticed for the first time last night-

while sewing up Jack, he was talking how he counted to 5 to be afraid then went back to work. She said, I would have runaway- he said- your not running now (who knew when it first aired that it would be foreshadowing)

While standing in the tree hiding from the monster- Kate counts to 5

The first thing Charlie writes on his knuckles is FATE- which is the topic of the last conversation we hear from Shannon, Kate and Claire
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl
    New diary entry- may be spoilerish at the end:

http://abc.go.com/primetime/lost/diary31.html
    wow- best entry yet...

What the BLEEP do we know tigergirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    Well, season one was 25 hours, so if they do one hour a week, it will take them to mid-November to show the whole season. I'm not sure if they'd want to wait that long to start season 2. Although if they start later, they won't need to show so many reruns during season 2, so who knows.
    I wouldn't be surprised at all if they played multiple episodes a week - when ABC has a hit, they're pretty shameless about exploiting it! I'm glad that they're replaying, though, because I didn't really start watching faithfully until the last four weeks and now I have questions. It was fun to watch the pilot episode knowing what we learned later in the season!

One thing I noticed was how abruptly it started raining when Jack, Kate, and Charlie started out to find the cockpit and how suddently it stopped raining around the time they found the pilot's body (sorry, I can't remember the exact moment, although it made an impression on me last night). Any relevance?

Quote Originally Posted by babymay
    wow- best entry yet...

wow - i had never read the diary before...that crazy...do they usually prove to be true?

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by annimal
    wow - i had never read the diary before...that crazy...do they usually prove to be true?
    I hadn't either, but after reading those pages I went back and read the whole thing...now I'm wondering what happened to her that was so bad, and what's in that surfer bag besides a knife!

Boy, I go on vacation for a few days and it took me forever to catch up on all the posts in this thread. I have wondered myself about the diary. Do the entires usually come true?

Also, I was wondering if someone would tell me about Adam and Eve, I must have missed that episode.

One more question, what happened to the lady from the episode last night? The one Jack was watching until her husband came back from the bathroom, and he ended up having to revive her after the crash. She was in the show quite a bit last night, but I don't remember anything else about her for the rest of the season. Did something happen to her?

Quote Originally Posted by Susie
    Boy, I go on vacation for a few days and it took me forever to catch up on all the posts in this thread. I have wondered myself about the diary. Do the entires usually come true?

Also, I was wondering if someone would tell me about Adam and Eve, I must have missed that episode.

One more question, what happened to the lady from the episode last night? The one Jack was watching until her husband came back from the bathroom, and he ended up having to revive her after the crash. She was in the show quite a bit last night, but I don't remember anything else about her for the rest of the season. Did something happen to her?
    Adam and Eve were dead bodies Jack found in the caves when he first discovered them.

Rose is a recurring character and the last time I remember seeing her was when she talked Charlie out of the funk that Claires disappearance left him in.

I would best describe the diary as a look at the show from an insiders perspective. The latest entry was definately the most rivoting and spoilerish, in my mind.

Thanks Babymay! I can't wait to watch this season again and pick up on all the stuff I missed. I do hope that Rose is more involved next season. I liked her. It is going to be a long summer waiting for the show to start again.

Will they be releasing this season on DVD?

The broccoli must die!!! Canada Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Susie
    Will they be releasing this season on DVD?
    Yep. Sometime in mid-to-late September, I believe. 6 or 7 discs, plenty of extras.

Some major news concerning a certain actor's role in season 2:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    During a radio interview for L.A. rock station KROQ, J.J. Abrams said that the network and one of the actors on the show couldn't agree to terms on a new contract and therefore the actor will be payed his desired rate for one or two episodes and then he said the actor will be killed off the show and won't be featured in any flashback sequences.

Who do you all think it could be???

Also, some major news concerning a certain actress's role in season 2:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Abrams also talked a little bit about the Ana-Lucia character and he confirmed that Michelle Rodriguez would be a full time castmember in season two. He said a writer named Carlton Cuse was researching Che Guevara because of Ana-Lucia's leadership storyline.

Does anyone know anything about
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Che Guevara
    ?

Finally, some info on the rafters, for season 2:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    The only other thing he mentioned was that the characters on the raft eventually return to the island but it's not the part of the island they were hoping for. Source: KROQ (Thanks Nicole for the tip.)

This tidbit of info, coupled with
    Click to see Spoiler:
    the hidden promo for S2 on the Oceanic website
    makes me think that the rafters will
    Click to see Spoiler:
    land on the side of the island with the survivors from the tail-end of the plane

Quote Originally Posted by Canada Ranger
    Yep. Sometime in mid-to-late September, I believe. 6 or 7 discs, plenty of extras.

Some major news concerning a certain actor's role in season 2:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    During a radio interview for L.A. rock station KROQ, J.J. Abrams said that the network and one of the actors on the show couldn't agree to terms on a new contract and therefore the actor will be payed his desired rate for one or two episodes and then he said the actor will be killed off the show and won't be featured in any flashback sequences.

Who do you all think it could be???

Also, some major news concerning a certain actress's role in season 2:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Abrams also talked a little bit about the Ana-Lucia character and he confirmed that Michelle Rodriguez would be a full time castmember in season two. He said a writer named Carlton Cuse was researching Che Guevara because of Ana-Lucia's leadership storyline.

Does anyone know anything about
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Che Guevara
    ?

Finally, some info on the rafters, for season 2:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    The only other thing he mentioned was that the characters on the raft eventually return to the island but it's not the part of the island they were hoping for. Source: KROQ (Thanks Nicole for the tip.)

This tidbit of info, coupled with
    Click to see Spoiler:
    the hidden promo for S2 on the Oceanic website
    makes me think that the rafters will
    Click to see Spoiler:
    land on the side of the island with the survivors from the tail-end of the plane
    Interesting stuff, CR!

I'm guessing that
    Click to see Spoiler:
    the actor who wants too much money and will be killed off is Dominic Monaghan. I don't know much about the guy, but can envision him being unhappy with Charlie's role on the show and also thinking he is entitled to more cash since he is a semi-star due to LOTR. My backup candidate would be Matthew Fox, who could think that he should be paid leading man money even though it is an ensemble cast and Jack's importance to the show has diminished over the course of season one. I don't really see that happening with any of the other guys on the show.

I'm no expert on Che Guevara, but I know he was a communist revolutionary who helped Castro come to power in Cuba. If Ana-Lucia is going to be that type of character, then it probably means she becomes a leader of some sort of militant group. That should be very interesting.

+ Reply to Thread