+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lost - Season 1.

  1. #4031
    Go Bruins! Qboots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    LOST in the 70's
    Posts
    10,321
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter
    In the very beginning my kids were still talking and Danielle said something about the Black Rock. Hurley or someone said, "That would explain it". What did she say?
    I've been really busy the past week or so, and haven't had time to review the season finale. Eventually I will be making many, many posts in here I'm sure. But just working from memory, I think you may be referring to the scene where Locke asks Danielle if she has any explosives.

    Danielle: "Dynamite. At the Black Rock. In the Dark Territory."

    Hurley: "Well there's three reasons to go, right there."

    He said it very sarcastically, obviously meaning "Well there's three reasons to NOT go." Hurley's not exactly the bravest dude on the island.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

  2. #4032
    FORTified Chach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    714
    Originally Posted by Gutmutter
    In the very beginning my kids were still talking and Danielle said something about the Black Rock. Hurley or someone said, "That would explain it". What did she say?
    Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    I've been really busy the past week or so, and haven't had time to review the season finale. Eventually I will be making many, many posts in here I'm sure. But just working from memory, I think you may be referring to the scene where Locke asks Danielle if she has any explosives.

    Danielle: "Dynamite. At the Black Rock. In the Dark Territory."

    Hurley: "Well there's three reasons to go, right there."

    He said it very sarcastically, obviously meaning "Well there's three reasons to NOT go." Hurley's not exactly the bravest dude on the island.
    I don't remember the exact words, but someone said something to the effect of "How did a ship get this far inland?" then Danielle made kind of a smart-a$$ remark to the effect of "Which island are we on?" [as in "Have you been paying attention to all the weird stuff going on here?"] then Hurley said "That would explain it." I remember that because I didn't catch what Danielle said the first time around and had to replay it (on Tivo). I thought it was a little out of character for Danielle to make a flip remark like that.

    The "there's three reasons not to go" comment was from an earlier show.

  3. #4033
    Go Bruins! Qboots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    LOST in the 70's
    Posts
    10,321
    See? I really can't rely on my faulty memory. No more comments from me until I rewatch the finale and take my notes.

    Just a heads-up: ABC is airing the premiere episode tonight at 10 pm. I'm not sure if they'll have time over the summer to replay the entire season, but for anyone who wasn't watching, I'd definitely suggest jumping on the bandwagon tonight.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

  4. #4034
    JR.
    JR. is offline
    Drummer / Model JR.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    42 22' N 71 2' W
    Age
    43
    Posts
    6,937
    Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    Just a heads-up: ABC is airing the premiere episode tonight at 10 pm. I'm not sure if they'll have time over the summer to replay the entire season, but for anyone who wasn't watching, I'd definitely suggest jumping on the bandwagon tonight.
    I think they are planning on rerunning the whole season, I'm sure I read that somewhere. They should have plenty of time, assuming they go without the 1000 repeats

  5. #4035
    Go Bruins! Qboots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    LOST in the 70's
    Posts
    10,321
    Quote Originally Posted by JR.
    I think they are planning on rerunning the whole season, I'm sure I read that somewhere. They should have plenty of time, assuming they go without the 1000 repeats
    Well, season one was 25 hours, so if they do one hour a week, it will take them to mid-November to show the whole season. I'm not sure if they'd want to wait that long to start season 2. Although if they start later, they won't need to show so many reruns during season 2, so who knows.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

  6. #4036
    Staying Afloat speedbump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    New England
    Age
    41
    Posts
    6,952
    I didn't see this anywhere so here goes my question: what was the significance of Hurley giving the thumbs up and winking at Walt when he made it on the plane at the end of the finale? Was there interaction beforehand that I missed? Also, was the comic book that Hurley then opened up and began reading the same comic book that Walt was reading while waiting for the rain to stop in the second (?) epsiode?
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

  7. #4037
    Combat Missions Fan Wolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Texas, of course!
    Posts
    7,916
    Speedy, the comic book Hurley had was the same one that Walt was reading on the island. I saw the polar bear as Hurley was flipping the pages.

    Not sure why Hurley gave the thumbs up to Walt. Maybe he was just trying to say he made it on board just in time.

  8. #4038
    FORT Devotee Mike'sgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    IA
    Posts
    5,155
    New diary entry- may be spoilerish at the end:

    http://abc.go.com/primetime/lost/diary31.html

  9. #4039
    The broccoli must die!!! Canada Champ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,577
    Well I watched the Pilot ep tonight (again). Wow, how the times have changed. Everything looked so much different than in later eps and in how I remembered it, partially b/c pilot episodes are shot months before the 2nd or 3rd eps, but still, even the first scene, with Jack just waking up, it didn't seem like a normal episode of Lost. It felt......different.

    Quote Originally Posted by speedbump
    I didn't see this anywhere so here goes my question: what was the significance of Hurley giving the thumbs up and winking at Walt when he made it on the plane at the end of the finale? Was there interaction beforehand that I missed? Also, was the comic book that Hurley then opened up and began reading the same comic book that Walt was reading while waiting for the rain to stop in the second (?) epsiode?
    Lost - Season 1.

  10. #4040
    Love is in the Air! jette66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    La Habra, CA
    Posts
    817
    I just rewatched the first (pilot) episode also, and had forgotten how good it was. Once again, I was immediately sucked in .

    A few things I did notice...1) Jack did already have his tattoo when the plane crashed because they did a close up of it when Kate was sewing up his back. 2) Jack has 4 scratch marks on his face...two on each cheek. 3) I got the impression the "monter" appeared each time they tried to do something to get themselves rescued...a) after building the huge bonfire on the beach the monster showed up, b) when the pilot tried using the transceiver (or whatever it's called) the monster showed up.

    Also...someone had mentioned up-thread about the plane from Nigeria and the slave boat from Mozambique. From Looking at a map, Nigeria is located on the Central West coast of Africa, and Mozambique on the South East coast. Flight 815 was six hours into the flight when they realized their instruments weren't working and tried turning around for Fiji, but if the instruments weren't working, how do they know they were actually turning around to head back to Fiji? I personally don't see the little Beechcraft making it from Nigeria all the way across the Indian Ocean, Indonesia and Micronesia to the South Pacific. Could flight 815 have been off course the entire time, with the radar "fixed" on LAX as their final destination? Or did they start off on course, and fly over something that threw them off?

    Just a few thoughts to ponder.
    Last edited by jette66; 06-02-2005 at 02:22 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.