+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lost - Season 1.

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by fougette
    Hurley gave a particular thumbs-up to Walt

Charlie was bringing the statue to Aaron as a baby gift...

I think the Others (in the boat) set the beach fire before taking off after the raft as a distraction.
    Probably no connection...unless they met in the same hotel

Unless Charlie wants to start going to confessional again, I'm afraid he had the statue as his own personal toy.

I was wrong before- the fire had to be a distraction set by The Others.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl
    Well, I was hoping Qboots, CR or PWS would answer this because I have a terrible memory on "exact wording". But, I can tell you in a general way what she said. She commented on the Black Rock being located in the dark region (I really wish that I could remember the exact name here), and that was where everyone on her team got "the sickness".
    dark territory
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

Quote Originally Posted by PWS
    Nigeria and Mozambique? Heck of a long way from the Pacific Ocean which they were crossing when they crashed...unless they took a wormhole thru the center of the earth! Maybe they were the airline equivalent of flags of convenience? Good catch!
    Sorry I can't help with the quote, Mike'sgirl and Gutmutter---I can't actually see the show, only read about it, this spring. Television without Pity (see Google) gives pretty detailed recaps tho, might have it. Also I think there was some discussion of this exchange during the episode discussion because people thought it was funny, so might be there.
    Glad you mentioned that, PWS. I had intended to and forgot. Nigeria and Mozambique sure are far away. And this wasn't a 747 and a cruise ship. It was a small plane and a slave ship. Yes, it does bring us back to the possibility of a portal/wormhole...or something.

CCL
    A tidbit about next season:

Click to see Spoiler:
    Remember the fellow passenger Jack met in the airport cafe prior to boarding the doomed flight? You know, the one played by Michelle Rodriguez in the May 18 episode? Well, there's a big no, make that huge twist coming in Season 2 involving her. I can't say more than that.

Source: http://tvguide.com/news/askausiello/
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

The broccoli must die!!! Canada Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fougette
    Did I miss anything? I was wondering why Hurley gave a particular thumbs-up to Walt when he made the plane. Did they connect at some point prior to that?
    Nah, I think it was more of Walt seeing someone who really wanted to get onto the plane (hence the sweat) finally get on the plane, and Walt was giving him some 'mad props', so to speak. A sign of respect, more-or-less.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by CCL

Click to see Spoiler:
    Remember the fellow passenger Jack met in the airport cafe prior to boarding the doomed flight? You know, the one played by Michelle Rodriguez in the May 18 episode? Well, there's a big no, make that huge twist coming in Season 2 involving her. I can't say more than that.

Hmm... HUGE twist?? Is she one of "THE OTHERS"???

It's a bird, it's a plane EXlurker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CCL

Click to see Spoiler:

Click to see Spoiler:
    I think the twist is that we will be introduced to the tail section survivors. Not much of a "twist" to us who love Lost speculation and spoilers. Although, I thought it was going to happen in the finale.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by EXlurker
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I think the twist is that we will be introduced to the tail section survivors. Not much of a "twist" to us who love Lost speculation and spoilers. Although, I thought it was going to happen in the finale.
    I'm hoping that this means that
    Click to see Spoiler:
    the husband of Rose (the middle aged black woman we've seen off and on) has survived... since she felt he did. I guess from what I've read in spoilers tho that it might depend on what kind of contract she is willing to sign...hopefully at least she will make a brief guest appearance so her husband can be a more active participant

Lea
    Hey CCL that's really interesting. I never would have thought of that. Also I have been saying for a while that we will see the other passengers of the plane. The question is who of those passengers will we see.

And....will they have had similar experiences on the island???
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

+ Reply to Thread