+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lost - Season 1.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Twiddler
    Hello, all! Long time no see, eh? Heh heh....

Wow....so as Season 1 ends, we are left waiting for the next one to start, and what a long wait that'll be, eh? Aye...it will. Anyways....guess what? For English, as a last little end of semester assignment, we get to do a research assignment on basically anything we want. And guess what I'm doing? Yep. Lost Wish me luck!
    Wow, indeed! And so many topics to choose from, how will you decide? The Locke/Rousseau philosophy connections? The LOST as Purgatory approach, where you have to earn your way out through growth like Boone? LOST as today's equivalent of a (typeX) genre novel? and so on and so on...guess it depends on what kind of English class it is. Lucky you!

Quote Originally Posted by PWS
    Wow, indeed! And so many topics to choose from, how will you decide? The Locke/Rousseau philosophy connections? The LOST as Purgatory approach, where you have to earn your way out through growth like Boone? LOST as today's equivalent of a (typeX) genre novel? and so on and so on...guess it depends on what kind of English class it is. Lucky you!
    Just a regular English class, actually. Already got my Sub-Topics: The Plot, The Characters, and...The Island Mysteries. Pretty general, but still lot's to write about

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Twiddler
    Just a regular English class, actually. Already got my Sub-Topics: The Plot, The Characters, and...The Island Mysteries. Pretty general, but still lot's to write about
    Unfortunately the plot's still missing its denouement! How about that, I still remember something from English!

CCL
    Good luck, twiddler! A lot to work through though - I don't envy you.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

My computer has been out most of the week, so I've just now read all the posts since the finale. I still have a couple of small questions. In the very beginning my kids were still talking and Danielle said something about the Black Rock. Hurley or someone said, "That would explain it". What did she say? Also, Locke DID have a wheelchair from the plane - remember in the first few eps, they were using it for other things and wondering whose it was. I also wonder what was up with Ethan. Besides seeming to have a different agenda than the other others, he was clean cut and preppy looking. The other others were wild and dirty. There is definitely some technology going on on the island... the cable from the ocean, the gas-powered boat, the monster belching black emissions, the light in the hatch, the sound of gears, the hatch itself. I really, really hope it doesn't all end up being a daydream of Locke's or some such other non-reality scenario. I trust the producers to have a long-term blueprint that makes some kind of sense. Just remembered another question. If the monster is just a machine, why was Locke in such awe the first time he saw it to the point that he is committed to acting on faith to such degrees as he does. Why does Jack feel there is a huge rift coming between him and Locke? They had a philisophical discussion. So what?
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by totoro
    Just rewatched Exodus II and the part where Hurley is chanting the numbers quietly while walking with Kate seemed odd. I am pretty sure he omits the number 8: "15-16-23-42-4...15-16-23-42-4..." is what I hear. Can anyone confirm or deny that? What about when we heard him chant that before? I didn't know the numbers by heart like I do now.

So I rewatched, and Hurley DOES say "15-16-23-42-4"..... no 8. I wonder what the heck?!
    I'll do graffiti if you sing to me in French

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter
    Also, Locke DID have a wheelchair from the plane - remember in the first few eps, they were using it for other things and wondering whose it was.
    That would have been his that would have been checked. Airlines use a very slim profile wheelchair to get passengers down the narrow aisles. Most traditional wheelchairs are too wide.
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter
    In the very beginning my kids were still talking and Danielle said something about the Black Rock. Hurley or someone said, "That would explain it". What did she say?
    Well, I was hoping Qboots, CR or PWS would answer this because I have a terrible memory on "exact wording". But, I can tell you in a general way what she said. She commented on the Black Rock being located in the dark region (I really wish that I could remember the exact name here), and that was where everyone on her team got "the sickness".

Did I miss anything? I was wondering why Hurley gave a particular thumbs-up to Walt when he made the plane. Did they connect at some point prior to that?

This may be naive of me, but I'm hoping Charlie was bringing the statue to Aaron as a baby gift...?...

And one other thing I noticed, is that the smuggler plane was from Nigeria, and the slave ship possibly from Mozambique. That would indicate some semblance of a position of the island.

Okay, okay, ONE other thing. I think the Others (in the boat) set the beach fire before taking off after the raft as a distraction.

I am so tired. All this theorizing wears me out. But please don't stop. I just love reading all your theories!!!
    It's not having what you want; it's wanting what you've got...

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by fougette
    Did I miss anything? I was wondering why Hurley gave a particular thumbs-up to Walt when he made the plane. Did they connect at some point prior to that?

This may be naive of me, but I'm hoping Charlie was bringing the statue to Aaron as a baby gift...?...

And one other thing I noticed, is that the smuggler plane was from Nigeria, and the slave ship possibly from Mozambique. That would indicate some semblance of a position of the island.

Okay, okay, ONE other thing. I think the Others (in the boat) set the beach fire before taking off after the raft as a distraction.

I am so tired. All this theorizing wears me out. But please don't stop. I just love reading all your theories!!!
    Nigeria and Mozambique? Heck of a long way from the Pacific Ocean which they were crossing when they crashed...unless they took a wormhole thru the center of the earth! Maybe they were the airline equivalent of flags of convenience? Good catch!
    Sorry I can't help with the quote, Mike'sgirl and Gutmutter---I can't actually see the show, only read about it, this spring. Television without Pity (see Google) gives pretty detailed recaps tho, might have it. Also I think there was some discussion of this exchange during the episode discussion because people thought it was funny, so might be there.

+ Reply to Thread