+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lost - Season 1.

Click to see Spoiler:
    "They survived on luck. They survived on instinct. But on the other side of the island, they will discover they're not the survivors they thought they were."
    that can mean any number of things, I'm thinking simply that
    Click to see Spoiler:
    in terms of the 'others' they are very rudimentary in their survival skills, perhaps the others did manage to create the hatch, or even the island in order to survive when they crashed, and our faves here live in the caves and haven't built an elaborate place to live. My take is basically these guys think they are so grand for surviving so long after the crash, then the meet others that have formed a more advanced society on the island, and their egos are crushed.

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada Ranger
    Seriously, have you even been watching the show?

1. The show isnt just about living on the island, it's about everyone's past, and how they're all inter-related. It's part of (and a big part I must say) the show.

2. The hatch was buried underground, how could Danielle have possibly known about it?!??!

3. If you want questions brought up and answered right away, go watch some other show. The creators of this show have a plan that spans MANY years. They already know the answers to all the big questions (what the monster is, whats in the hatch, etc), they're just spanning it out. That's how serials work.
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

FORT Fan
    Also, if you go to http://www.oceanic-air.com/home.htm, look to the right of the page. You'll see a vertical grey bar. Try moving it around. In fact, it contains
    Click to see Spoiler:
    what may or may not be an actual piece of the script, revised though. It includes a detailed description of the monster.

Edit: Now it doesnt seem to be working for me, so here is the thing you are supposed to see:http://www.oceanic-air.com/images/oa_front-letter1a.jpg
    Good stuff, Ranger. Thanks!

Lea
    What I meant is that some people can't stand Disneyland i.e. it's a small world and maybe this is a wierd way to get that out. It was just a thought I had in my head nothing really serious. This is completly off the subject but I had wondered if Locke had lost the use of his legs from the kidney transplant ,a complication from the surgery.

1. The show isnt just about living on the island, it's about everyone's past, and how they're all inter-related. It's part of (and a big part I must say) the show.

3. If you want questions brought up and answered right away, go watch some other show. The creators of this show have a plan that spans MANY years. They already know the answers to all the big questions (what the monster is, whats in the hatch, etc), they're just spanning it out. That's how serials work.
    So far, we haven't seen any inter-related pasts (well...there was Sawyer & Jack's dad, but how does that relate to anything that happens on the island?). Also, I don't ask for questions to be answered immediately. Just every 24 episodes or so. The show has failed to answer a single mystery from the pilot. Just one revelation would have sufficed. Instead, they gave us red herrings and distractions. And honestly, I don't think the producers know where they're going.

CCL
    I kind of like the idea that they've had very small interactions in the past. From Sayid asking Shannon to look after his bag in the airport to Sawyer meeting Jack's dad one night etc. It's like in life where your path intermeshes for a minute with someone and for that moment both your paths/stories are the same and then they move onto a life you know nothing about and vice versa for you. So, basically, I like the little snippets of interactions they've given us. And the show creators have answered some questions - we've found out what the block rock was, for example, and who the others were looking for etc. Are there still questions remaining? Yes. Does the stuff we have learned lead to more questions? Absolutely. But I like the mystery. But that's me. I can sympathize with the people who want to know more & have more questions answered.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Interesting

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaRanger
    Edit: Now it doesnt seem to be working for me, so here is the thing you are supposed to see:http://www.oceanic-air.com/images/oa_front-letter1a.jpg
    What the heck is a
    Click to see Spoiler:
    MAPINGUARI
    ?!

This may just explain
    Click to see Spoiler:
    what's knocking down trees and making that horrifying howling noise! Not to mention the 'fuzzy brown arm' that was dragging Locke into the hole...

LINK is spoilered:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    http://www.texasbigfoot.com/discover1.html
    I'll do graffiti if you sing to me in French

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Also, if you go to http://www.oceanic-air.com/home.htm, look to the right of the page. You'll see a vertical grey bar. Try moving it around. In fact, it contains
    Click to see Spoiler:
    what may or may not be an actual piece of the script, revised though. It includes a detailed description of the monster.

CR--on my laptop, all I have with me on this "trip", I can't blow it up enough to read it, and I don't have a printer. Can you summarize (and spoiler) the relevant section? Or does it relate to what totoro asks just above? Is that what it is supposed to look like? Thanks!!!

Quote Originally Posted by totoro
    What the heck is a
    Click to see Spoiler:
    MAPINGUARI
    ?!

This may just explain
    Click to see Spoiler:
    what's knocking down trees and making that horrifying howling noise! Not to mention the 'fuzzy brown arm' that was dragging Locke into the hole...

LINK is spoilered:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    http://www.texasbigfoot.com/discover1.html
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I looked it up after reading that. Here's a link to a story in Spanish that I had translated to English - it includes pictures:

(The link is a spoiler.)
    http://babelfish.altavista.com/babel...e.php&lp=es_en

Click to see Spoiler:
    Apparently it's sort of the Amazonian version of Bigfoot. A giant, smelly sloth-like creature that may or may not exist.

The "script" made it seem like it was a mechanical mapinguari.

Interesting stuff, but not sure if I'm buying this. A sloth-like creature couldn't move so fast.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Chach
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I looked it up after reading that. Here's a link to a story in Spanish that I had translated to English - it includes pictures:

(The link is a spoiler.)
    http://babelfish.altavista.com/babel...e.php&lp=es_en

Click to see Spoiler:
    Apparently it's sort of the Amazonian version of Bigfoot. A giant, smelly sloth-like creature that may or may not exist.

The "script" made it seem like it was a mechanical mapinguari.

Interesting stuff, but not sure if I'm buying this. A sloth-like creature couldn't move so fast.
    I love these computerized translations e.g.,
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Great Pie? Big Foot? and Oren = Pray?
    but I think it fits all the clues we have so far and is at least in theory not impossible in reality...that is, not Jurassic Park, not aliens, etc. And note that there is even a hint as to their location in it. And Chach, I have to disagree with your disagreement as they say
    Click to see Spoiler:
    that it moves fast, faster than other sloths. So if you believe it might exist out there (and why not...some large rat thing was just discovered I think in Vietnam, that the locals all knew about, but not the scientists) then you have to go with the locals' descriptions. Also the "protector of the forest" or of the peccaries, depending on the story, fits with defense system pretty well. What we haven't seen yet is the smell aspects tho....and how could they miss that?

+ Reply to Thread