+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lost - Season 1.

FORT Fogey
    Still bugs me so I'll repeat my question..

did anyone catch what was the tatoo on the Jack's arm? It looked like some symbol and some japanese, chinese or maybe KOREAN characters...?

I read about three pages of "what the various little things in Lost could mean"...
    This would be interesting if we were at episode 6 or 7 , but we`re at the end of the first season.
    And what did the final episode actually reveal ? Nothing.

During the first dozen episodes of Lost i was really excited about the show ; plane crash , island , mystery and a good cast. Good television.

Good television.....that has turned into a bunch of bologna.

Nothing ever gets answered , every time a situation gets interesting there is a cut to something nobody cares about , or....it`s the end of the episode.
    I`m tired of the flashbacks , they are breaking the rhythm of the show , during the flashbacks i normally just wait for the show to return back to the island.
    I`m tired of the blonde girl continuesly screaming "my baby , my baby" , or how she does it in her terrible accent "moy byeby".
    I want to throw her and the baby into the hole that Locke allmost got sucked into.
    Or , what is wrong with those people that they are on this island for weeks and weeks with nothing to do and haven`t mapped out the place completely.
    And the french woman has never seen the hatch in 16(!) years ???
    The raft was a "good" storyline too , like we all didn`t know "this thing is going nowhere".
    Like the "Mystery Island" would just let the raft get up and go.

I really liked the show but after 24 episodes and basicly nothing about the island revealed....i feel fooled.
    ...the hatch is open now , big deal.
    I read that the producers are talking about 5 or 6 seasons.
    I`m sorry but i`m not going to sit in front of a tv in 4 years listening to Habib ( or whatever his name is ) say something like "Well....i think we should go this way....".
    I`m not going to sit through years of flashbacks , or even worse , new characters.
    This knowitall teacher-guy got so on my nerves when he popped out of nowhere and started yapping away ; "You know , it`s the monsun season and the wind is....yada , yada".
    I was like "who is this guy".
    I was glad when he blew himself up , what a pointless character.

So , i`m going to check out the new episodes when the next season starts , but if the show continues to be a series of unanswered cliffhangers i`ll stop watching it.

CCL
    Jette - If you go to the Oceanic website and then click on the squares right above the lottery/special numbers then another square lights up (green) and shows who was sitting there. Not everyone's seat is listed though. (Interesting that Jack was in a row that corresponded to one of the numbers - 23 while others weren't - ie Boone & Shannon were in row 9, Locke in 24 etc). I think that is what is supposed to happen (though there may be more that CanadaRanger can tell us). If you then click on the square where the person was sitting it brings up some other stuff - like if you click on Charlie's seat it brings up some DriveShaft stuff etc. Shannon & Boone were in row 9 (last row of first class) so it seems like the survivors were from rows 8 backward - I guess none of the other first-class people survived (serves them right, richie riches - kidding!). I'm surprised Hurley was not in first class, actually. But, then, it seems like he wasn't really interested in spending his money on luxuries seeing as how they caused him problems in LA (fancy house burned down, Hummer brought him to the attention of the police etc.).
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Thanks for the clarification, CCL!!! That really helped.

Jette

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by CCL
    Jette - If you go to the Oceanic website and then click on the squares right above the lottery/special numbers then another square lights up (green) and shows who was sitting there. Not everyone's seat is listed though. (Interesting that Jack was in a row that corresponded to one of the numbers - 23 while others weren't - ie Boone & Shannon were in row 9, Locke in 24 etc). I think that is what is supposed to happen (though there may be more that CanadaRanger can tell us). If you then click on the square where the person was sitting it brings up some other stuff - like if you click on Charlie's seat it brings up some DriveShaft stuff etc. Shannon & Boone were in row 9 (last row of first class) so it seems like the survivors were from rows 8 backward - I guess none of the other first-class people survived (serves them right, richie riches - kidding!). I'm surprised Hurley was not in first class, actually. But, then, it seems like he wasn't really interested in spending his money on luxuries seeing as how they caused him problems in LA (fancy house burned down, Hummer brought him to the attention of the police etc.).
    I'm surprised that Locke with his disability wasn't right at the front of tourist class...seems to me that's usually where they put such people...easier for loading and unloading them. But maybe because he didn't plan to be on that flight home (because he was supposed to be on the outback tour) those seats were already gone.

I was a bit put off by them carrying him on board too. Did that mean they would carry him to the bathroom as well? And what would happen to him in case of an emergency? (pretending they didn't know this was doomed). It was really irresponsible, and I don't see it as happening.

I also wondered about Hurley - he left his other ticket at home, they didn't need to check both?

The broccoli must die!!! Canada Champ's Avatar
    OK people, here's some clarification. Once at the seating chart, JUST click on 4, then 8, then 15, then 16, then 23, then 42. A preview should then show up.

Well actually, for me, the first time I did it, the area went all black, but that might have just been my internet connection. But the second time, it worked.

Oh, and be sure to have your volume on too.

CCL
    Ah, thanks CanadaRanger. That was cool. I want to know why everyone's seat lights up as green but Rose's (23D) is red (when you press the numbered squares as mentioned in my earlier post - if you then press Jack's square Rose's appears). Hmmm. Oh, Kate is red, too. (You have to press the square for the Marshall to get Kate's square). Double hmm. Not a female thing because Shannon is green.

That's exactly what I was thinking about Locke, Glitter. I don't see them doing it either - don't wheelchair passengers usually go on the airplane in their wheelchair anyways? Usually there's a space up front where a seat can be removed to accomodate a wheelchair passenger. Or maybe I'm totally wrong. I felt badly for Locke during that part of the episode - it looked quite humiliating. I really liked the last montage of them all getting on the plane.

Locke was quite creepy-funny this episode. A la: I like twinkies, too. Bzz. Do you like to play games, Locke? Absolutely. (Play away, Locke, play away).
    Last edited by CCL; 05-27-2005 at 01:33 PM.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS

Right...for Locke, with his refusal to accept his disability issues (signing up for that roughing it tour having practiced all his survival skills, brought along his knives, etc.) it might be even more important to fantasize that he can out-Survivor guys like Sawyer and lead even doctors (probably not his favorite people at this point) and tough tomboy types like Kate. Having Sun know all this "native lore" about medicine and plants also downgrades the doctor a bit... and not to knock Sun, but she is the daughter of a millionaire, how likely is it she actually gardened herself or knew anything about plants? Another issue for me was that he's been paralyzed for some time...even if the cause of the paralysis disappeared his muscles would have atrophied (even if he Christopher Reeve type money and kept getting them electrostimed, and he didn't) so he wouldn't have been able to hop right up and start walking normally in the "real world". If you've just had your dream vacation fantasy smashed by the tour guides refusal to take you, this would be a good "revenge" fantasy.
    That said, I'm guessing daydream = dream, so not allowed. Otherwise the final scene will be Locke wheeling off the plane and going straight to a phone to call an agent....hey Joe, I've got this great idea for a TV show... It stars a heroic baldheaded middle aged guy....
    PWS, I love this theory! I agree that there is no medical/scientific explanation for Locke being able to get up and walk - and run - after the plane crash. It is either because of the special powers of the island or something like a dream/daydream.

I was sure I had read somewhere that one or more of the writers/producers had said something to the effect of "it is not heaven or hell/purgatory and it is not a dream. These people are real, they are alive and this is really happening." I've searched around this forum and the web, and can't find it now. (I thought someone had posted it in this thread.) I'm hoping I was wrong. Maybe someone else will remember.

But that would be a great final scene for the show...the flight attendant wakes Locke up when he arrives back in LA and he realizes he's been dreaming about an adventure with the people he's seen on the plane!

The broccoli must die!!! Canada Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle

Nothing ever gets answered , every time a situation gets interesting there is a cut to something nobody cares about , or....it`s the end of the episode.
    I`m tired of the flashbacks , they are breaking the rhythm of the show , during the flashbacks i normally just wait for the show to return back to the island.

And the french woman has never seen the hatch in 16(!) years ???

I really liked the show but after 24 episodes and basicly nothing about the island revealed....i feel fooled.
    ...the hatch is open now , big deal.
    I read that the producers are talking about 5 or 6 seasons.
    I`m sorry but i`m not going to sit in front of a tv in 4 years listening to Habib ( or whatever his name is ) say something like "Well....i think we should go this way....".
    I`m not going to sit through years of flashbacks , or even worse , new characters.
    Seriously, have you even been watching the show?

1. The show isnt just about living on the island, it's about everyone's past, and how they're all inter-related. It's part of (and a big part I must say) the show.

2. The hatch was buried underground, how could Danielle have possibly known about it?!??!

3. If you want questions brought up and answered right away, go watch some other show. The creators of this show have a plan that spans MANY years. They already know the answers to all the big questions (what the monster is, whats in the hatch, etc), they're just spanning it out. That's how serials work.

+ Reply to Thread