+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lost - Season 1.

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by chrelsey
    Just saw the "extra" scene on GMA . . . didn't live up to the hype. Claire and Charlie were watching Danielle drink down a raw egg (it was after Claire had her baby back), and Charlie said that she was a nut. Claire was talking about when Ethan took her before, and how she always knew that the others would come back for her baby . . . and that's why she never named him. That was about it.
    Okay. Nothing too important. What a cheap ploy for viewers.

Where did they get a raw egg?

So Danielle is part (temporary) of the group now?

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl
    I was referring to the numbers on the speedometer when he ran out of gas:

I think Hurley missed the original flight when it passed over his head as he ran out of gas. The next flight was the one he tried so hard to get on and well, it "was his lucky day" and he got on the fated flight.
    Hm. I thought the plane going overhead was just to show how close he was to the airport when his car broke down (meaning he could make it to the flight, if he hurried). But you could be right.

On re-watching the episode, a couple of other times the numbers came up, which I don't think have been mentioned: The temperature gage on Hurley's car said it was 23 degrees (obviously Celsius - that's 80 something Fahrenheit.) And when they were on the boat Michael said they were 15 miles away from the island. 15 miles is not THAT far so I guess they could be washed back/swim (though it would take a while) to the island.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I don't think Hurley missed his flight. They showed him grabbing his Oceanic Tickets and he was obviously on the Oceanic flight. I have never flown to Australia but I have flown to Argentina and from my experience there has only been one flight per day at a set time going such long distances per airline.

Warning, I think I've read all the posts since last nite so if I'm repeating I'm very very sorry:

Anyhoo, I think it is inconsequential, but Hurley started out running thru the airport with TWO bags and got on the plane with just one. What happened to the other one?

Why wouldn't Hurley, a multi millionaire, have been flying first class?

Why did Michael make that comment to his mom (I think it was his mom) on the pay phone at the airport that he can't handle Walt and something along the lines like "I wasn't supposed to take care of him or It wasn't supposed to be this way"? When Michael started out very upset at the thought of NOT spending time with Walt when he was a baby. Am I forgetting something? Is Walt is biological child? Was he just a sperm donor to a friend?

How in the world did the flight crew expect Locke to get to the bathroom on a multi multi hour flight w/out the special wheelchair?

If part of 'the others' have a boat, where do they get the fuel from? Or a boat for that matter. And I'm sure they would have gone out looking for shipping lanes too so it doesn't look good if they ever get another raft off.

Comments - again sorry if I'm repeating others thoughts:

How long does it take a body to become a skeleton? If not too long, could the 'others' belong to the empty chains/cuffs found in The Black Rock?

I didn't think it was very endearing for Locke to tell Jack that Boone was basically a justifiable sacrifice to the island.

And I think Jin, Michael and Sawyer will all float in with the surf on scraps of the raft and wind up on some other part of the island and be ok.

I'm not expecting my questions to be answered per se. I'm just thinking out loud.

ETA: mega props to those of you that caught the 'numbers' throughout the episode. you guys are very attentive!!
    Last edited by karen14; 05-26-2005 at 11:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lea
    and the sound of the "monster" sounded familer to Rose. With Rose being from New York and there is constant construction in New York it makes me think that the "monster" is a construction crane.
    Could someone explain the Rose reference for me? I've seen it a couple of times; but have no idea what started it.

I saw the monster on Hurley's comic book; did anyone else catch it?

I laughed at Hurley "dude, you've got some Arst on your shirt"!

I1zz1e are you asking who is Rose?? Rose was an original survivor that had a bit of a bond to Jack. Her husband went to the bathroom and then the plane began experiencing turbulence and Jack said he'd take care of or watch over her until her husband gets back and then of course the plane crashed before Rose's husband came back. She commented on the beach after the crash to Jack that she thinks he is still alive so some speculate others from Oceanic are alive somewhere on the island. I hope that helps IF that is even what you were asking??.

Rose has only been on a few episodes at the beginning of the season. I've read somewhere that the actress has been off filming a play or something. If it helps refresh your memory, Rose is an older black woman. I'd say in her 50's or so.

Thanks Karen, that is what I was asking!

I remember now; but I had totally forgotten about her.

The broccoli must die!!! Canada Champ's Avatar
    But when exactly did Rose say that the sound was familiar?

Oh, and concerning Ethan wanting Claire (the second time):
    Think about it: Ethan (part of the Others, I'm assuming), with help from Crazy Frenchie, kidnap Claire, for the baby. Now sometime before this, they got information that there will be a child from the group that will have enormous power. That's all the info they got (now, from where, I have no clue). They were assuming that it would be Claire's baby. I assumed they had planned to do some experiments on her unborn baby to determine what powers he had. But Claire fought back (hence the scratches) and escaped, before they could figure out what powers the unborn baby would have. Ethan then goes back for Claire, gets shot by Charlie. Now some time during this and the finale (probably when Aaron is born), the Others figure out that it's not Aaron they want. They do some hardcore thinking and figure out that Walt is also a child! They learn about the raft launching, and realize that it would be better to take Walt with 3 people around them than with 40 people, hence why they waited until the raft was in the water.

Edit: OMG, I have just seen one of the SWEETEST previews ever (courtesy of spoilerfix.com)! It's for season 2. Go to http://www.oceanic-air.com/seatingchart.htm, and click on each of the Numbers (4,8,15,16,23,42). I'll spoiler tag what the preview says.

Click to see Spoiler:
    "They survived on luck. They survived on instinct. But on the other side of the island, they will discover they're not the survivors they thought they were."

I think the cool thing is that if you were just browsing that site, you would have never found it. Someone must have been doing some thinking when they found this out!
    Last edited by Canada Ranger; 05-27-2005 at 02:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada Ranger
    Edit: OMG, I have just seen one of the SWEETEST previews ever (courtesy of spoilerfix.com)! It's for season 2. Go to http://www.oceanic-air.com/seatingchart.htm, and click on each of the Numbers (4,8,15,16,23,42). I'll spoiler tag what the preview says.

Click to see Spoiler:
    "They survived on luck. They survived on instinct. But on the other side of the island, they will discover they're not the survivors they thought they were."

I think the cool thing is that if you were just browsing that site, you would have never found it. Someone must have been doing some thinking when they found this out!
    CR...What numbers are we suppose to click on? The row numbers? I tried that and they didn't do anything. I tried several rows too. Any help would be appreciated.

Jette

Quote Originally Posted by Canada Ranger

Click to see Spoiler:

Okay..after looking at what CR posted, does anyone know what rows the survivors were sitting in on the plane? I had posted and wondered a very long time ago if all the survivors could have been sitting in rows 23 - 42, but never got a response.

Now I'm wondering this again...could all of the survivors have been between rows 23 and 42??? What row was Hurley moved to, so he could have two seats? I know Jack was in 23 and the girl he spoke to was in row 42. Does that mean she's survived, but with the tail-section???

I seem to recall hearing Hurley was in row 23 also, but don't know if that's correct.

Could this be something to look at?

Jette

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Chach

This would actually make a lot of sense. If the producers/writers said it isn't a dream (which I think they did), does that mean it can't be a daydream? This does seem like the kind of daydream Locke would have. Though in my daydreams Kate and Sun would be the only ones on the island with me...but I'm not Locke.

Right...for Locke, with his refusal to accept his disability issues (signing up for that roughing it tour having practiced all his survival skills, brought along his knives, etc.) it might be even more important to fantasize that he can out-Survivor guys like Sawyer and lead even doctors (probably not his favorite people at this point) and tough tomboy types like Kate. Having Sun know all this "native lore" about medicine and plants also downgrades the doctor a bit... and not to knock Sun, but she is the daughter of a millionaire, how likely is it she actually gardened herself or knew anything about plants? Another issue for me was that he's been paralyzed for some time...even if the cause of the paralysis disappeared his muscles would have atrophied (even if he Christopher Reeve type money and kept getting them electrostimed, and he didn't) so he wouldn't have been able to hop right up and start walking normally in the "real world". If you've just had your dream vacation fantasy smashed by the tour guides refusal to take you, this would be a good "revenge" fantasy.
    That said, I'm guessing daydream = dream, so not allowed. Otherwise the final scene will be Locke wheeling off the plane and going straight to a phone to call an agent....hey Joe, I've got this great idea for a TV show... It stars a heroic baldheaded middle aged guy....
    Last edited by PWS; 05-27-2005 at 06:39 AM.

+ Reply to Thread