+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lost - Season 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    The Other-Others? God help us all!

Yeah, I guess my main point is that Ethan and the boat-people both had different goals, so he must not have belonged to their group. And since Danielle seems convinced that The Others wanted Walt, and Walt has been taken by the boat people, it would be easy to assume that The Others = the boat people. 2+2=4. Although, with LOST, one should never assume.
    OK, I'm with you there - Ethan and the boat people definitely seemed to have different goals. But then it gets back to a question of whether the boat people are The Others, because we've been led to believe that Ethan was with The Others. So if the boat people = The Others, then what was Ethan? Was he just a guy hanging out in the jungle by himself, acting alone? Doesn't seem likely. So that gets back to The Other-Others. Or maybe The Others just aren't very organized.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by PWS
    I still say the only thing that really explains everything is that it is a dream or fantasy by Locke involving people he saw while waiting for the plane....or sitting on the plane while they loaded walking by him (an early boarder due to the handicap) hence in the fantasy he is so central and has magical powers almost, and can walk. All the back stories are just things his subconscious made up. But, yes, I know, the dream solution has been explicitly ruled out. Sigh!

I really like this scenario. Makes a lot of sense to me. Especially considering how Locke played with the Boone's head (ep when Boone sees dead Shannon). And some others.

By the way, did anyone catch what was the tatoo on the Jack's arm? It looked like some symbol and some japanese, chinese or maybe KOREAN characters...?
    Last edited by Justafan1; 05-26-2005 at 07:10 PM.

FORT Newbie
    I feel so horrible by this but I laughed so hard when that guy blew up...not because the guy died but because of the way they played it...it was sooo unexpected but humorous in a way...please tell me I am not the only person that laughed at that....It was like oh this is dangerous stuff and BANG! and then the other guy was all sad and was like he just exploded..Im bad luck?? lol

Nanomites

Someone I work with told me that he thinks the island is a sort of Area 51 where government experiments are done, and the monster is really a swarm of "nanomites." He said the monster is very similar to the deadly nanoparticle swarm that was in Michael Crichton's book "Prey," and even makes the same sound that was described in the book. (I haven't read the book, but know it is about nanotechnology gone awry.)

I don't think this is it. Not a bad theory, but I doubt the writers would rip off Crichton like that. Just thought I would throw it out there, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Chach
    Or maybe The Others just aren't very organized.
    Yeah. Maybe they're all keeping secrets from each other, just like our group of castaways. You know, discretion.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Crap. Shite. Poop

I sat through the laboriously long finale and was able to predict just about every twist, from the death of the annoying guy to the heroin to the kid disappearing, and finally, to the fact that not a single mystery from the pilot episode was solved. Do the writers have any idea how they're going to wrap up this story? Will they present two more seasons of pointless flashbacks that don't move the story forward? Joss Whedon would never have allowed this. I am disappointed that I didn't give up on this series earlier.

Ok, finally able to watch, I had to record it last night.

Laughing my butt off at Hurley when Arzt blew up "That's just messed up" (kinda glad the old jerk blew up, don't think I could have handled him next season.)
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

JR.
    Quote Originally Posted by DetGuy
    while entertaining, im not suree we know all that much more.
    I feel the same way. I thought it was a good episode, but not for a season finale. I thought they were supposed to tie up a few things? More questions and not much for answers, except that "the others" wanted Walt and not Claire's baby.

I keep getting the feeling that the writers are going to royaly screw this up if they don't start answering questions before adding new ones. They are going to dig themselves such a deep hole that they'll have to end it with something cheesy.

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by gilberto
    Do the writers have any idea how they're going to wrap up this story?
    I assume there are some concrete plot lines, and some that are very open ended.

This is season 0ne. I never expected the finale to wrap anything up, or give us clear insight into any of the mysteries.

It did more than what I expected. We got more clues to what the "security system" was. Hurley saw the numbers on the hatch and probably will warn the others. Jack and Locke have set their opposition.

Did anyone see the "secret scene" that was aired on Good Morning America? I space out and forgot to tape it.

I really want to know what the "monster" is. I just saw the scene with it trying to drag Locke down a hole...all I saw was smoke.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

+ Reply to Thread