+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lost - Season 1.

The broccoli must die!!! Canada Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 2boysmom
    Well, I missed LOST and AI entirely! We ended up in the ER for stitches for our 2 year old! (He's just fine!) Anyway, does anyone know of any plans for a rerun? I was in such a hurry to get to the hospital that I did not set up the VCR, and of course the tv in the waiting room was stuck on the CBS Scott Peterson movie! YUCK!
    I hope he's OK!

Anyway, yes, they're airing a repeat on Saturday night at 8pm EST (I think), on ABC.

Jimmy Kimmel was actually pretty good tonight. He had both Michael and Hurley, and JJ Abrahms was the other guest. He didnt really give us any more answers, but Jimmy DID tell JJ he wanted to see more of the monster, so at least JJ knows what to fix in next season!

Actually, they had 7 people from Lost on last night! Hurley, Michael, and JJ were interviewed, and then backstage they had Charlie, Michael's real-life wife (who, he explained, was the link between Hurley and Sawyer - lotto girl and girl Sawyer was fooling around with in his 1st Sawyercentric ep), Ethan, and even the polar bear! Well ok it was a guy in a polar bear costume, but Charlie DID beat the crap out of it at the end of the show!

Oh, and Charlie did seem a little bit drunk when they were talking to him backstage. But maybe he was just doing a little acting.

Atop the highhhhhest weathervane in Spain!
    Just wanted to add something. Not sure if anyone mentioned it but I didn't see it a few pages past. Just because Charlie snatched a Madonna statue...doesn't mean there are drugs in it.
    ~*~ Maji *~

Did anyone catch if there were lights on the insides of the tunnel leading up to the hatch?

Because in ep 19, when Locke was pounding on the hatch, asking 'why', the hatch lit up with light. Now if there were no lights at the top of the hatch, there must either be one HELL of a bright light at the bottom, or someone was inside the hatch, saw Locke, and turned on a flashlight or something.

OK, from catching up on the posts, the monster is either invisible, a machine or a muppet. Or maybe it's a mechanical muppet that can become invisible when necessary.

All I saw of the monster was when the smoke seemed to take on a shape, as if the monster were invisible and moving through it. I guess that could also be some sort of energy field type of thing emitted by the monster, rather than the monster itself.

I'm going to have to go back and watch this show again! I didn't see the muppet hand dragging Locke.

I just watched "Elmo in Grouchland" with my little neice a few days ago. Maybe the island is Grouchland and Oscar the Grouch is the monster. That would explain a lot.

If the monster is mechanical, that supports the "security system" comment that Danielle made.

I thought the show was great, but was disappointed that we didn't get a few answers. I remember reading interviews with the writers/producers where they said we would get some answers in the finale, so that's what I was expecting. I knew there would be cliff hangers, too, though I didn't expect Walt to be taken!

FORT Regular

Second season - "Lost" underground, Level 2

Well the "Lost" group found all the clues they needed and gathered all the tools they needed to progress to level 2 of the "Lost" island video game. Next season will be "Lost" underground, with more clues and the need to gather more tools to progress to level three.

So has anyone found the GMA vid online anywhere yet?

Bah! Daughter! Shows you how much I pay attention to the loon.

Thanks for the correction!
    They serenaded the newest champs in this city of champs, and taunted Kobe Bryant and his Lakers, who drowned in a green-and-white wave for 48 minutes.

My thought is they are all dead and are in Purgortory, simply because when Locke boarded the plane he could not walk yet on the island he is walking. the hole symbolizing hell. Locke is sorta Christlike figure because he bases everything on faith and belief. the part that throws be is the pirates kidnapping the boy from the raft and blowing up the raft. Are the pirates somewhat of disciples and in turn saved the boy and condemmed the rest to a watery death becaus the remaining people on the raft all have some of a past they commited some sin.

In any way season 2 outta be interesting

Quote Originally Posted by DamonVictor
    My thought is they are all dead and are in Purgortory, simply because when Locke boarded the plane he could not walk yet on the island he is walking. the hole symbolizing hell. Locke is sorta Christlike figure because he bases everything on faith and belief. the part that throws be is the pirates kidnapping the boy from the raft and blowing up the raft. Are the pirates somewhat of disciples and in turn saved the boy and condemmed the rest to a watery death becaus the remaining people on the raft all have some of a past they commited some sin.

In any way season 2 outta be interesting
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I'm pretty sure that the writers/producers have said specifically that they aren't really dead and in heaven or hell, and this isn't a dream. Maybe someone else here can confirm that. I doubt I can come up with a link to back this up, but will look.

It is very tempting to think they are all dead, because it's hard to believe anyone could survive a plane crash like that.

I like the idea that someone mentioned that they are characters in a video game. That's funny and intriguing, but then I don't think we'd have the detailed back stories. Or maybe we would now that games have become pretty complex and detailed.

I was thinking about the Locke thing - but backs are weird. It's quite possible he had some sort of tumour on his spine, or misalignment, or something impinging on his nerves that caused him to lose the use of his legs. The crash could have easily dislodged whatever was impinging on his nerves (which could be free-floating now), popped his spine into place, or various other things to make him able to walk (saying medically possible, not highly so don't go trying this at home) but no matter what we say no one really understands the human body. I'm saying something shocked his system into working again, and it can wear off just as suddenly. However, he's becoming a regular Jimmy Jones there with all his preaching about the island.

I didn't get a chance to watch it all and can't wait for the rerun on saturday, but I figure the 'others' want the psychic-type powers from Walt to find a way off the island. I'm also thinking the 'monster' was mechanical and the island was some sort of prison colony/governmental experimental unit with the hatch to keep the patients in, or perhaps - like (was it Wells, the time travel book) the society in the hatch lived there to avoid the aggressive society above ground, such as governmental experiments where they all escaped, some soldiers/doctors found refuge underground.

Poor Hurley, he wasn't meant to make that flight - but he didn't accept fate and by forcing his luck, was on the doomed flight.

+ Reply to Thread