+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lost - Season 1.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by GingerLVNV
    When the "others" came up on the boat, was anyone else searching for a boy that might be around 16 years old? I thought maybe Danielle's son would be among them.
    I believe Alex is a girl, and I thought the woman on the boat might be her.

Someone on another site said they thought the girl on the boat looked like the blonde girl that was fighting with Charlie in this finale.

Could someone with tapes go back and look and see?

I thought it was Alex (Dannielle's daughter) but it would make sense to me that the LOST writers re-use characters we know from flashbacks to drive us nuts.
    Fabulous Fifty

Want to be green?? Join the Premium Member FORT team. Click for more info!

Quote Originally Posted by Lea
    My husband notice some inconsintances that only a gamer would notice. In the airport when Walt was playing the video game,the sound effects were for Pac Man not the game he was playing and that perticular unit is rechargable, it does not require batteries.
    , I noticed those as well. I actually mentioned the moment Walt said he needed new batteries to my friends, and they called me a dork. Oh well. Just a minor error is all.

I'm one of the others who believes the finale was sort of a let down tonight, with too much suspense and not enough resolve. At the rate all these mysterious things keep happening, not all of our answers are ever going to be solved. :/

As for the episode itself, I did enjoy it, but I would have liked it had there not been so many down weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by SQUATMAN
    Thank you Jimmy Kimmel for tonight's LOST extravaganza
    missed it

would you share some info?
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

You know, I've been wondering why this finale didn't seem so "dramatically cliff-hanging suspenseful" to me. I guess it could be that I have kinda gotten used to the fact that I'm not gonna see another episode for a while (thanks to all of the "off" weeks we've had between new epi's), and therefore, this one just seemed like another episode that won't be followed up on for a while.

I also think all of the hype that this would be a "Who shot J.R." type of season finale maybe set my expectations much higher than they should have been. Sure, I wonder what's gonna happen to Michael, Jin, and Sawyer in the water . . . and sure, I'm curious about Walt, but I don't see this finale stirring up all of the speculation and "talk" that the J.R. finale did.

Maybe the extremes that I have gotten used to on T.V. - reality shows and regular shows - has just desensitized me to the truly dramatic. That's truly sad.
    I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's like OCD except that the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be!

Quote Originally Posted by indig0ca
    I believe Alex is a girl, and I thought the woman on the boat might be her.
    I thought that at first, but watching it over and over, she seems to old to have been Alex (16), although living on a place like that - could age you quickly! She did appear to look like the woman Charlie had been with - but not sure that it was.

We have new characters in Season 2 - these may be some of them. If so, we will be seeing more of "the others" - and they also have guns. Did they build the hatch?

weezerette nice catch!! I saw it, and just kept wondering what the equivalent miles were?

Anyone seen the missing deleted scenes that were supposed to be on GMA?

Well, I missed LOST and AI entirely! We ended up in the ER for stitches for our 2 year old! (He's just fine!) Anyway, does anyone know of any plans for a rerun? I was in such a hurry to get to the hospital that I did not set up the VCR, and of course the tv in the waiting room was stuck on the CBS Scott Peterson movie! YUCK!

Quote Originally Posted by 2boysmom
    Well, I missed LOST and AI entirely! We ended up in the ER for stitches for our 2 year old! (He's just fine!) Anyway, does anyone know of any plans for a rerun? I was in such a hurry to get to the hospital that I did not set up the VCR, and of course the tv in the waiting room was stuck on the CBS Scott Peterson movie! YUCK!
    I believe they are planning to reair the entire season this summer, I know that is not what you were hoping to hear - I have not read anything about it being repeated immediately.

On a different note: Theory
    Does anyone think this could all just be some virtual reality game that our "castaways" are playing? I am hoping that is not the case, but what if it was all part of a virtual reality; and we the viewers, are observing it from the viewpoint of the actual player?

I have thought along those lines myself, Mike's girl. Or I wonder if they are somehow caught in the Bermuda Triangle or something weird like that. At first I thought maybe they were all dead and didn't know it, but then Boone died so that didn't quite work out for me. Who knows. I love the suspense of trying to figure it out!

I only got to watch parts of it, between flipping back and forth between Lost and AI. I did Tivo it so I can't wait to watch it tonight! When are they releasing the DVD?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl
    weezerette nice catch!! I saw it, and just kept wondering what the equivalent miles were?
    What was weezerette's "nice catch" I can't find her original post!

I haven't seen the entire episode yet, but I have read everyone's comments since then. The thing that keeps sticking in my mind(and that I am going to look at very closely when I watch) is the comments about the girl on the boat(who threw the dynamite on the raft??) looking like the girl in Charlie's hotel room before he left.(I saw that part!). She was freaking out on him, trying to get whatever heroin he had for her next fix. Is it possible that it IS the same girl--SOMEHOW--and that is why the heroin plane is on the island? How to write that in, I don't know, but perhaps, just like Walt, this girl has the power to make what she wants to happen, happen.
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

+ Reply to Thread