+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lost - Season 1.

LG.
    OMG, OMG, OMG I can't believe the pirates drove off in their boat with Walt. I'm so glad that Claire got Aaron back so they can spend the summer (in our minds) relatively safe and together, but why in the world does Charlie think that taking heroine again is a good idea. Ok, there is a lifetime supply there, but do you think your life was really better as a drug addict who got into a fight with a groupie over a baggie? glad to see Sayid and Shannon reconcile too.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

I still want to know what kind of diet Hury is on. He is finding lots of carbs on that island. Hasn't lost a pound.

FORT Fogey
    This was posted BEFORE the finale was aired but still is quite interesting..

http://entertainment.iwon.com/celebg...25_2005_1.html

Found! Exclusive Lost Spoilers!
    by Shawna Malcom

Spoiler No. 1: Look for the castaways to venture inside the Black Rock that ginormous pirate ship mysteriously landlocked on the island to retrieve dynamite, in hopes of finally blowing open that damn hatch, where they plan to hide from the Others. Naturally, though, things don't go quite according to plan. "When you put dynamite that's 100 years old out in the middle of the jungle at unstable temperatures, it begins to sweat nitroglycerine," Lindelof says. "So the whole story is about how they get the dynamite from the Black Rock back to the hatch without blowing up. Not to mention that the monster is not really willing to let them do that." Which brings us to...

Spoiler No. 2: We'll finally get a look, albeit a partial one, at the monster. Is it, as Danielle Rousseau claimed, some kind of security system for the island? Lindelof's not saying, but he does hint that the unhinged French lady isn't the most reliable source on Freaky Island. "What her true motives are [will be] revealed [in] the finale," he says. "I would hang on to the concept of the loss of her own child and how far she would go in order to get her back." Hmmm, might she be in cahoots with the Others to snatch Claire's baby?

Spoiler No. 3: Hurley's seemingly jinxed lottery numbers, which appear on the hatch, will come back into play. "It would be very interesting to me if Hurley is one of the people to blow the hatch open," Lindelof teases. "What will happen when he realizes the numbers are on it? I don't think he'd be very excited if he knew, but they're very small. If you're standing on the wrong side of the hatch, you probably wouldn't see them." Hurley may not be in the know, but reformed junkie Charlie will stumble upon some valuable info of his own that the plane that crushed Boone is full of heroin. That can't be good.

Spoiler No. 4: The raft riders Michael, Walt, Jin and Sawyer (or should we call him James?) encounter something shocking in the water. So what is it? "That's the $64,000 question," Lindelof says. "Telling you is sort of [giving away] the entire last scene of the show." But Lindelof will say that the quartet is not eaten by Jaws, "and there are no monsters in the water." At least not this season.

Spoiler No. 5: You will be talking about the cliff-hanger all summer. "It is beyond shocking," Abrams claims. "It's hair-raising. Also, something happens that is so terrifying, that's unexpected, and yet, it was right there, building for a while. It's one of my favorite turns I've ever seen." We'll be the judge of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    Jack & Locke slide the cover off the hatch and look down......at a very long ladder.

Actually, the ladder wasn't very long. It was just the top few rungs and then it appeared to have rotted away to nothing, so how they'll get down is a mystery!

Quote Originally Posted by ChgoBurbs
    I still want to know what kind of diet Hury is on. He is finding lots of carbs on that island. Hasn't lost a pound.

Maybe it is part of his "lucky" streak?
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by oneTVslave

Maybe it is part of his "lucky" streak?

No, he's obviously on a seefood diet.

The broccoli must die!!! Canada Champ's Avatar
    So was the 'shocker' the Others taking Walt? If it was, then I'd say it was an OK shocker, but I figured it out right away when Frenchy gave back the baby. Actually, ya I admit, it was smart of them. Was it totally unexpected? No. Was it good to do, storyline-wise, to keep us guessing? Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada Ranger
    So was the 'shocker' the Others taking Walt? If it was, then I'd say it was an OK shocker, but I figured it out right away when Frenchy gave back the baby. Actually, ya I admit, it was smart of them. Was it totally unexpected? No. Was it good to do, storyline-wise, to keep us guessing? Yes.
    I suspect he touches them- they die- he takes the boat and goes back for Dad, Jin and Sawyer...

oh-wait- that would be way too easy. Now that we don't have to worry about Claire and her baby, we have to worry about Walt and goodness knows what.

I am suddenly reminded of the psychic telling Claire that only she could raise her baby, because it needed her goodness. What was the psychics name?
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

Quote Originally Posted by babymay
    I am suddenly reminded of the psychic telling Claire that only she could raise her baby, because it needed her goodness. What was the psychics name?
    Richard Malkin.

I'm wondering about Walt's abilities. He seemed anxious to get off the island once he sensed the "evilness" of the hatch. But he sure didn't seem to have any idea that the raft would turn out to be more dangerous for him than the island was.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Canada Ranger
    And once Frenchy said "they wanted a male", I KNEW that they were on their way to get Walt. Oh no, maybe I have the powers too!
    Actually, I think she said, "they wanted the boy." Even Mr. C picked up on the fact that she didn't say "baby" - she said "boy." I rationalized it momentarily thinking, "Well, Claire's baby is a boy . . . " but I was wrong and Mr. C was right (much to his delight) - they were after Walt.

Very interesting theory someone had about the monster being a crane . . . but do cranes have gears? I've seen them plenty from afar, but never close enough to know if there are gears that loud involved in their operation.

It's also interesting to me that "the others" are both male and female. It was definitely a guy on the boat they were talking to, but it was a female who stuck her head out the window and threw the bomb onto the raft. It's funny, but at first she looked very similar to Shannon for just a split second, but when I rewound the DVR and paused it on her face, it was just a blond female. Not that I thought it was Shannon, it just looked like her for a brief second.

And, finally, I was SO SO SO disappointed that Charlie took one of the heroine statues. So incredibly disappointed.
    I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's like OCD except that the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be!

+ Reply to Thread