+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lost - Season 1.

Quote Originally Posted by SQUATMAN
    stop being sad............

it is LOST week on Kimmel:
    Tues. May 24 - Terry O'Quinn
    Wed. May 25 - Dominic Monaghan
    Ooh cool! Thank you! I think I just adore every character on this show.

I was sucked in from I believe the fourth episode, and thank the LORD I was able to tape the other three and watch! The only thing that frustrated me (and probably 9/10 of Lost fans) was that I didn't even know whether it'd be a repeat, a new episode or even if it would be on until it actually was on! It drove me crazy!

Unfortunately now my boyfriend's work schedule is that his "late night" is Wednesday. Think they did that on purpose? Thank goodness for VCRs, but my tape is filling fast and he doesn't have a VCR (don't ask, please...) so he has to come here to watch it. And now with Wednesday night approaching (not quickly enough), it's two more hours (right? Two hours for the last one?) So that makes four hours he has to catch up on. Oh, I'll watch along with him, no doubt. But I'll be watching it myself first!

Ohhhhh that Sawyer with the shirt off in the last episode...

Quote Originally Posted by SQUATMAN
    stop being sad............

it is LOST week on Kimmel:
    Tues. May 24 - Terry O'Quinn
    Wed. May 25 - Dominic Monaghan
    Bless you SQUATMAN!
    I now owe you my first-born male child. You've turned my frown upside-down.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl
    Locke tells Boone not to make an enemy of Sayid, because they will be needing him on their side later.
    I missed that when the show aired. Why did Locke feel he would need Sayid on his side?
    That was shown in the episode Mike'sgirl. I remember it clearly. At the time there was some speculation that the castaways would break into 2 groups - one led by Jack and one led by Locke. And that Locke wanted Sayid on his side. But that hasn't happened and doesn't really seem imminent. I'm thinking now that since Locke and Boone were being so secretive, they knew that eventually their clandestine activities would be discovered, and he didn't want to alienate Sayid from keeping an open mind about the hatch, and about Locke knocking Sayid out.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

The broccoli must die!!! Canada Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by QbootsThat [I
    was[/I] shown in the episode Mike'sgirl. I remember it clearly. At the time there was some speculation that the castaways would break into 2 groups - one led by Jack and one led by Locke. And that Locke wanted Sayid on his side. But that hasn't happened and doesn't really seem imminent. I'm thinking now that since Locke and Boone were being so secretive, they knew that eventually their clandestine activities would be discovered, and he didn't want to alienate Sayid from keeping an open mind about the hatch, and about Locke knocking Sayid out.
    Actually
    Click to see Spoiler:
    at the end of the season finale on wednesday, my sources have said the group will be split into 2. HOW they will be split, I dont know.

Thanks Qboots! I was pretty sure it aired and that I missed it, but it really was the only thing that was new info. So, either they clean up really fast after they publish the review, or that last summary was the first goof up.
    After seeing the previews with Locke dragged off and a new one (I just caught a glimpse of Locke saying something like "it's OK I will be fine." What are they doing????? JJ isn't going to take my Locke away for season 2 is he? Noooo, I hope I didn't hear that right.

Ya, I saw that preview too, during the DH finale. From what we can piece together from the previews, something drags Locke around on the ground, and begins to drag him into the ground. Jack tries to get Locke out, but Locke tells him not to, because since Locke is so in tune with the island, he thinks he'll be fine.

More spoilers, this time concerning Sawyer's dive into the ocean!

Click to see Spoiler:
    If you go to http://tv.channel.aol.com/lost and click on the Preview (left hand side), it shows 2 scenes. the first, a piece falls off the raft, so sawyer dives in to get it. the second, shows Locke and Jack talking about it being their destiny to come to the island.

Back with more spoilers, hehe.
    Credit: spoilerfix.com
    Click to see Spoiler:
    05/23 - Hurley (Jorge Garcia) has a LONG & INVOLVING (and hysterical) flashback rife with hidden clues for the loyal viewers. And according to Dominic Monaghan, he (J.G.) also gets the best oneliner of the season. Thing is, youíll NEED that levity given all the doom and gloom and KA-BOOM thatís going down. [Yes, Sawyer jumps off the raft.] Let's just say the underwater cams come in handy - and the footage is STUNNING! [Locke is not in cahoots with the monster], someone else might be. But letís just say that Locke and the beasty may no longer be "friends." Dominic Monaghan has seen two-thirds of the finale and said "There are a lot of life and death situations. Everything kind of bottlenecks, you know? Everything comes to a fine point, all the cast kind of re-meet. It's very much a Lost-type show, you know? It fills in all those ideas we've had about Lost. It's a cliffhanger, it's beautiful, it's sad, it's scary." No one has ASKED [Danielle Rousseau] how long she has been on the island. They presumed it had been 16 years based on the radio transmission, but that might not be the case! Damon Lindelof tells me what ends up happening with her is "all relative. And big quotation marks around the relative." Source: Kristin on E!Online

Here's how I think the group
    Click to see Spoiler:
    will be split in two
    :

Click to see Spoiler:
    Sayid and Charlie on opposite sides, Claire on Charlie's side, Sayid on Locke's side, Kate and Jack on the same side, Sun on Jack's side, Locke and Shannon on opposide sides, and Hurley would be somewhere in the middle.

Sayid
    Locke
    Kate
    Jack
    Sun

Charlie
    Claire
    Shannon

Hurley

This is only my prediction, it's not a spoiler, but talking about the sides is, hence the spoiler tags.

What are some other combos we can think of?

I still haven't seen a proper CTV preview, but I did see an 8-second quickie at the end of one of last night's shows. No sound, just picture: "Black Rock" is written across the stern of the ship, something else is written underneath but I can't make it out. There's a hole in the hull. Jack goes in with a flashlight and finds a skeleton hanging from shackles! (I half expected to see Captain Jack Sparrow come sauntering out. ) Then there's a shot of a wooden crate marked "Explosives". Then there's an explosion and everyone hits the ground.

And Mike'sgirl, the thought of Locke being dragged underground does not give me a warm fuzzy feeling either.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

What the BLEEP do we know tigergirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter
    tigergirl - I just went hunting for you and the discussion on Hurley's backstory starts around page 144 of this thread. Have fun reading!
    Thanks so much Gutmutter! Very interesting - I'm curious that none of this was covered (particularly the lottery numbers) in the season recap they re-aired this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by tigergirl
    Thanks so much Gutmutter! Very interesting - I'm curious that none of this was covered (particularly the lottery numbers) in the season recap they re-aired this weekend.
    The recap show focused on what they consider to be the 6 main characters: Jack, Kate, Locke, Sayid, Charlie and Sawyer. Since the numbers were part of Hurley's story, we didn't see that.

+ Reply to Thread