+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lost - Season 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl
    I have not been reading it, but I plan to go back now and look for more info on previous epi's.
    Thanks Mike's girl. I was going to do it if noone else had. Can you let us know if you find new info? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by weezerette
    The following is in ABC's summary on their website for last nights episode. The stuff I'm adding was NOT in the episode

http://abc.go.com/primetime/lost/episodes/2004-05/23.html

Seems like pretty important stuff...I wonder why it was left out, but revealed in the recap.
    That is no longer there. am so glad you quoted it....
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    Additional appearances:

Mon. May 23 - Matthew Fox will be on Jimmy Kimmel

But how come no Terry O'Quinn appearances?
    stop being sad............

it is LOST week on Kimmel:
    Tues. May 24 - Terry O'Quinn
    Wed. May 25 - Dominic Monaghan

FORT Fanatic
    I would be interested to know how the writers develop the different plot devices on the show.For instance,early in the season I thought I read a quote somewhere,in response to the question of when Hurley's backstory episode was going to happen and they had decided what episode it was going to be but it had not been written yet.But the "black rock" reference has been around since they first picked up the transmission on the radio and that was early on.So did the writers just make that up and fill in the details later,or was there a more-or-less complete outline done with major points plotted out or what.I'm just always curious how they do stuff like this.

Quote Originally Posted by deblyn
    Thanks Mike's girl. I was going to do it if noone else had. Can you let us know if you find new info? Thanks
    Well my eyes are crossed, I have been reading for hours - feel like I have been sudying for finals, crash course in Lost.

Everything sounds familiar and no secret leaks that I could find. Except, I didn't remember one thing, but that could just be me, missing something when it first aired.

In epi 13, "Hearts and Minds", (the epi Boone ends up sleeping with- yuck I am still trying to forget it)... right after Boone warns Sayid to stay away from Shannon, and then walks off into the jungle with Locke; Locke tells Boone not to make an enemy of Sayid, because they will be needing him on their side later.
    I missed that when the show aired. Why did Locke feel he would need Sayid on his side?

I am up to "Numbers" epi now and will finish off tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by waitforbigbro
    I would be interested to know how the writers develop the different plot devices on the show.For instance,early in the season I thought I read a quote somewhere,in response to the question of when Hurley's backstory episode was going to happen and they had decided what episode it was going to be but it had not been written yet.But the "black rock" reference has been around since they first picked up the transmission on the radio and that was early on.So did the writers just make that up and fill in the details later,or was there a more-or-less complete outline done with major points plotted out or what.I'm just always curious how they do stuff like this.
    Sorry for the double post, since it is the wee hrs of the morning I don't think (hope) I'll get called out for it.

The creative team of writers /producers have certain elements that are given, known to them only; which they will dole out info on as time goes by. For instance big mystery of the island, will not be revealed until the final season. They already know how, and what the series end will be.

In the meantime, they create around the known givens. Such as, anytime a number is used - it has to be one of the numbers in our special sequence. As for the flashbacks, they help each other by throwing out ideas, but in the beginning they paired off into teams of 2 - with each team focusing on the storyline for one of the characters whose name they drew out of a hat. (There are 2 writers that always work together and are condsidered one, so when they work on an episode- there are actually 3 writers creating the storyline for that epi.)

What the BLEEP do we know tigergirl's Avatar
    Hi everyone,

I have watched this show on and off this season and I've missed some key points. Short of going back and reading all 190 pages of this thread, would someone give me a quick rundown on the lottery numbers that I've seen mentioned - where do they come from and what do they supposedly mean? Also, have we seen any of Hurley's back story?

Thanks so much!

tigergirl - I just went hunting for you and the discussion on Hurley's backstory starts around page 144 of this thread. Have fun reading!
    Count your blessings!

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter
    tigergirl - I just went hunting for you and the discussion on Hurley's backstory starts around page 144 of this thread. Have fun reading!
    And you get the lottery numbers explained as a bonus!

Lea
    I got to thinking, in this past episode when the group reaches the dark teritory and the monster starts and they ask what is that, Danielle says its a security device, are we to assume that humans created the monster. Rose has said that the noise from the monster sounded familer to her so maybe it is some sort of machine. Also if no one has mentioned this before the actress that plays Danielle was on Babalon 5. Sorry about my bad spelling, only had four hours sleep.

+ Reply to Thread