+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lost - Season 1.

Lea
    Mr Dobolina, That's very interesting, but I hope that's not it. Maybe they are in the Burmuda Triangle. I thought that maybe "The Others " where the rest of the passengers from the plane and maybe they were brainwashed. Just like the rest of you i"m also always wrong. Counting the hours till next week.

MrDob, I love the idea about the hatch being a giant drain stopper in reverse. They blow the hatch and the island sinks!

[I'm not spoilering that one. It's just a goofy idea.]

I don't think that ship could be Danielle's because it looks like a really old pirate ship. She would have to be crazy...oh never mind, she is...to use a ship like that.

I've thought about the island being in the Bermuda Triangle. Two problems with that: 1) The general idea isn't very creative, 2) It's in the wrong location. The Bermuda Triangle is off the coast of Florida and this flight was going from Australia to LA. Unless the plane went through some sort of portal and landed in the Bermuda Triangle...but that is getting too Star Trekish.

Lea
    I think that Artz was making those noises. They were very shrill sounding and from what we've heard of the monster it sounds very gruff and low. If it was Artz how funny that he has a girls name and sounds like one to. I know Leslie is a boys and girls name. Hey Chach hasn't there already been mentions of Star Trek on this forum before in regards to this show? I could have sworn I saw this before. If so there's another one.

Quote Originally Posted by Lea
    I think that Artz was making those noises. They were very shrill sounding and from what we've heard of the monster it sounds very gruff and low. If it was Artz how funny that he has a girls name and sounds like one to. I know Leslie is a boys and girls name. Hey Chach hasn't there already been mentions of Star Trek on this forum before in regards to this show? I could have sworn I saw this before. If so there's another one.
    There was a mention a while back in this thread where one of the writers had said something in an interview about a Star Trek episode or movie. If I recall, he was just making an analogy and there wasn't really anything to it beyond that.

I have to disclose that I don't know much about Star Trek. I never really watched it (I was always a "Lost in Space" guy). It does seem, though, like they were always going through a portal and landing on some funky planet and Kirk would end up making out with a green-skinned space chick.

Plus there was Boone's reference to the "red shirts" getting killed first, while he had a red cloth draped over his shoulder.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Quote Originally Posted by deblyn
    I am hoping they edit some of the stuff from the recap into the finale, it seems kind of strange for the recap to give information that the show didn't. It makes you wonder if they had done that before. Has anyone been reading them all along?
    I have not been reading it, but I plan to go back now and look for more info on previous epi's.

As to why they would edit out some of the stuff, my guess is that they don't control what abc writes in it's summary. I remember reading on fuselage linear board, a post that Burky answered about not having any control over what is shown in the previews - abc decides.

Ok here is an article from zap2it news that tells us a little something about Jack's marital history and a little season 2 tease spoiler info:

http://tv.zap2it.com/tveditorial/tve...291|1|,00.html

I'm pretty sure I remember Danielle talking about her crew discovering the black rock, so I don't think it was their ship. Why would a science vessel be transporting dynamite? How many crafts do we know have been lured to the island? Flight 815, Danielle's ship, The Black Rock, the cocaine plane, the bodies in the cave...where does Ethan's group fit in - assuming his group is different from Danielle's?
    Count your blessings!

Lea
    I was wondering if those sctatches on Ethan's and Danielle's arms were caused by the monster, or something they did to themeselves, something like an initation to join a tribe or gang.

The broccoli must die!!! Canada Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lea
    I was wondering if those sctatches on Ethan's and Danielle's arms were caused by the monster, or something they did to themeselves, something like an initation to join a tribe or gang.
    Well another big question would be: Did Danielle have those scars when she had captured Sayid?

Edit: Two HUGE spoilers for this week! Credit spoilerfix.com

Click to see Spoiler:
    05/21 - ABC posted a new preview video that reveals more about Claire's abduction and reveals something that will happen to the baby. Beware it is quite spoilerish! If you want to watch it go HERE and click on "video" in the top menu. Source: ABC (Thanks Garth for the tip.)

05/21 - From Damon Lindelof on the season finale: "The final half-hour amounts to an on-screen Easter-egg hunt, and devoted viewers will find lottery numbers... hidden in the scenes." Mr. Lindelof also has one key bit of advice for diehard fans: "Listen to what the French woman says in the third-to-last scene." Source: The Wall Street Journal, May 19, 2005 (Thanks Cathy for the tip.)
    Last edited by Canada Ranger; 05-21-2005 at 04:08 PM.

+ Reply to Thread