+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lost - Season 1.

Oh I am not worried about Somerhalder's job offers...he's had a pretty decent career before the show, which started off as a model. He's fabulous in Rules of Attraction, if you want to see him a role that couldn't be further from Boone if he tried.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

Did everyone miss the wedding? Jack told Sarah that he didn't write any vows because no matter what he wrote, it would never be as sweet as what she had just said. He also told her that when she said the night before that he fixed her, that it wasn't true. That she fixed him and that he loved her and always will. They sealed it with a kiss. We can only assume that that means they got married. Maybe they will explain later about the ring. But Sarah and Jack got married.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl
    Did everyone miss the wedding? Jack told Sarah that he didn't write any vows because no matter what he wrote, it would never be as sweet as what she had just said. He also told her that when she said the night before that he fixed her, that it wasn't true. That she fixed him and that he loved her and always will. They sealed it with a kiss. We can only assume that that means they got married. Maybe they will explain later about the ring. But Sarah and Jack got married.
    Nope - didn't miss the wedding, but the truth is that they didn't show ALL of the wedding. There still could have been a moment when he backpedaled. Of course, the assumption is that he DID get married . . . I've just learned that very little with this show is as it seems!
    I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's like OCD except that the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be!

Quote Originally Posted by SQUATMAN
    you have to believe Ian will return to play Boone in a backstory
    Not sure how accurate this is, but I read a spoiler for LOST that said....

Click to see Spoiler:
    The castaway that dies will be back next season in one form or another

I'll say this: if I could choose one castaway to be on that island with, I'd have to say Sun. She's hardworking (planting garden), intelligent, steady emotionally, seems good in a crisis (her assisting Jack), seems to have some (rudimentary) medical training, creative/inventive (sea urchin, eucalyptus) and both her eyes are the same color (unlike Locke, in that episode). I think SHE should end up with Jack (instead of Kate)
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

It's a bird, it's a plane EXlurker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    Good News/Bad News

The good news is that ABC has officially ordered the second season of "LOST". I haven't seen any mention on the number of episodes though.

The bad news is that writer David Fury has left the show. I found that he was consistently writing the best episodes: Walkabout, Solitary, Special, and Numbers. I guess the silver lining is that he's moving on to another of my favorite shows, "24".
    "24" needs him. It's been steadily going downhilll. I'm excited to see him turn that show around. Has anyone pre ordered the first season of Lost yet? Okay, I did.

Okay is it just me or do the camera angles and bobbling make you sea sick too???? I thought I was going to puke last night during most of the show because of the cmera movement. :phhht It is cool and all to do an action show with the twists and all that but get a steady cam for goodness sakes!
    *Stop, Think. Speak*

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben
    Quote Originally Posted by chrelsey
    There still could have been a moment when he backpedaled.
    but the "I dos" follow right after exchanging vows. Jack looked and sounded sincerely in love and "committed".

Unless his dad stood up at the end when the minister asked, "is there anyone to object....", but that would be mighty low of him, and he looked proud of Jack during the ceremony.

or a Tsunami hit

Okay is it just me or do the camera angles and bobbling make you sea sick too????
    I wish they would do it less often, and a little less bouncey. That effect needs to be toned down when doing close ups; you only need a little movement to get the effect.
    Last edited by SQUATMAN; 04-07-2005 at 12:06 PM.

Article on Boone: link

Ian Somerhalder on last night's ''Lost'' shocker

Ian Somerhalder was on vacation when he found out he was going to die. It was supposed to be a relaxing weekend of wine tasting on the California coast a well-earned respite during a breakout month for the 26-year-old model-turned-actor. Just days earlier, Somerhalder's showcase episode of Lost had aired, revealing that his character, Boone, had once knocked boots with stepsister Shannon (Maggie Grace). At long last, fans had an idea of who Boone was and, by extension, the actor who played him. A hit show, career heat yes, life was sweet for the young star. Slightly creepy, but sweet. Now he wanted to savor it, along with some very fine wine.

Then came the call.

''Pretty devastating,'' says Somerhalder, of getting the bad news from Lost producers. ''Thank God I already had four glasses of really good pinot in me.'' It's two months later on a gray March day in Hollywood. A cold and a night of clubbing have left Somerhalder wiped. A patch of skin across one of his perfect cheekbones looks red-meat rare a chemical burn from the prosthetic he wore during his final moments as Boone. ''The week [before] I got the call, I started looking for a house in Hawaii. Now I'm looking for a house in Venice Beach,'' says Somerhalder, an unlit cigarette wagging from his lip. After bumming a light from a passerby, he takes a stab at perspective: ''I guess this is TV history, huh? The first main character to be killed on Lost.''

It's a little early in the life of Lost for grandiose contextualization, but what can be said is that Boone's death on April 6 made for riveting and poignant TV. Brief obit: Boone Carlisle, 28, son of a bridal-shop magnate; died from injuries sustained while investigating a small plane stuck in a big tree (said plane fell out of said tree while Boone was inside); took to his grave the possible revelation that there might be other survivors on the island (voices on the radio in said plane suggested as much). For the actor, playing the death scene really hurt. Like, really hurt: ''I was spacey and nauseous and a little pissed. It's hard walking a fine line between lucid and not lucid while Matthew Fox is ramming a needle into my chest.''

From the very beginning, Lost cocreators J.J. Abrams and Damon Lindelof have said the threat of death hangs over the crash survivors. As the writers mapped out the season's final episodes, they followed through on that threat, deciding to kill a character whose story line had run its course. Another reason: Boone's death would especially affect his father figure, Locke (Terry O'Quinn), and the island's doctor and resident hero, Jack (Fox). ''It was a narrative imperative that we kill Boone,'' says executive producer Carlton Cuse. ''It sets in motion a chain of events leading to the season finale.'' Adds Lindelof: ''The show is about the conflict between Jack and Locke. Boone's death will be a divisive point between them.''
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

Thanks to those who posted the articles and GMA recap. Interesting stuff!

I just have a couple things to add:

1. I think Jack did get married, but while I want to avoid grandiose contextualization (I stole that from the article above - had to use it somewhere), my guess is that he wasn't married when be got on the plane. I didn't see any clues to the timing of the marriage vs. the flight, other than the fact that Jack looked the same, so it couldn't have been too long ago. Maybe his wife died or maybe they split up. Maybe she got sick or had another accident and he couldn't save her this time. At least he got his stubble under control a little bit for the wedding.

2. That has to just be manipulation re it appearing that Locke gets shot. Either that or it turns out to be a minor wound and Jack can have a patient who doesn't die on him.

3. ADKLove beat me to the punch on this one, but it seemed to me, too, that Sun has had some sort of medical training. She seemed to know what to do, what Jack was doing and she was very assertive, even with Dr. Jack. And, ADKL, I wouldn't mind being stuck on an island with her, either. She is quite the survivalist, and also looks darned good in a bikini. (Which she wouldn't need on my island, by the way, but I'll stop there.)

+ Reply to Thread