More from this week's TV Guide's article listing 10 'secrets' of Lost:
(this is the Oct. 24 - 30 magazine)
I am just putting a summary of these. Sorry If I'm repeating any other posts.
1) Actor Matthew Fox (the Doctor) went skinny dipping in the ocean on the set at 5am one morning. The cast had a few alcoholic beverages. Fox says, "We're in Hawaii, it's conductive to skinny dipping.... And I'm totally into people just being cool enough to be naked."
2) The actors will not be expected to lose weight. JJ Abrahms business partner David Lindelof comments on how Tom Hanks took months off to lose weight for 'Castaway' and was paid $20 million for it. Goes on to say the characters will routinely find food to make their 'regular' weights seem more realistic.
3) The title of character Charlies one hit wonder "You All Everybody" came from a woman's comment on an episode of Maury Povich.
4) Mentions the producers decision not to kill off Matthew Fox' character the first episode but states at least one of the major characters will perish by this season's finale.
5) Points out how in episode 2, Walt found a comic book with a Polar Bear and then they encounter and kill one later. Lindelof says "All I can say is, every prop is absolutely intentional." The comic book chronicles the superheroes' attack on an alien that turns out to be peaceful. Abrams says, "we definitely chose that story for a reason."
6) **SPOILER ALERT** In the Oct. 27th episode Korean speaking Sun will reveal that she speaks English and had actually intended to leave her domineering husband on the day of the crash. Nov. 3rd episode, Charlie will attempt to kick his drug habit with the help of Locke. Didnt say what episode but said Sayid will grow closer to learning the origins of the 16 year old French broadcast.
7) Brings up the speculation that the castaways are actually dead and living in some sort of purgatory. Abrams will neither confirm nor deny saying "I don't want to ruin any potential fun that people wil have tuning in.... but the theories are exactly the kinds of things I would be doing if I were a viewer."
8) In the Oct. 6th episode, the Austrailian man with the prosthetic arm turns Kate into a 'federal marshall'. It is pointed out that this is much like "The Fugitive" and that it is intentional. Lindelof says "that's our little wink, wink, nod, nod to 'The Fugitive'" and he promises viewers will learn more about Kate's crime this season. (my opinion is that this means she has been accused of or been found guilty of a crime she didnt commit - quick and easy assumption)
9) Charlie writing messages on the tape on his fingers was an idea created by the actor portraying him, Dominic Monaghan.
10) There may be a rhyme and reason to who survived the plane crash. Lindelof says, "these peoples' lives may have intertwined before they all got on that plane in ways that they themselves are not aware...... it gives complete purpose as to why we're telling two different stories, one that happened before the crash (through flashbacks) and one that happens after."
**Possible SPOILER** Additional note is that Charlie isn't going anywhere anytime soon because of his enormous success with the Lord of The Rings Trilogy. JJ Abrams (appears to be quoted) saying, "as long as Dominic comes out of hi strailer, he gets to stay on the island."