+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 231 FirstFirst ... 22232425262728293031323334353637383940414282132 ... LastLast

Thread: Lost - Season 1.

More from this week's TV Guide's article listing 10 'secrets' of Lost:
    (this is the Oct. 24 - 30 magazine)

I am just putting a summary of these. Sorry If I'm repeating any other posts.

1) Actor Matthew Fox (the Doctor) went skinny dipping in the ocean on the set at 5am one morning. The cast had a few alcoholic beverages. Fox says, "We're in Hawaii, it's conductive to skinny dipping.... And I'm totally into people just being cool enough to be naked."

2) The actors will not be expected to lose weight. JJ Abrahms business partner David Lindelof comments on how Tom Hanks took months off to lose weight for 'Castaway' and was paid $20 million for it. Goes on to say the characters will routinely find food to make their 'regular' weights seem more realistic.

3) The title of character Charlies one hit wonder "You All Everybody" came from a woman's comment on an episode of Maury Povich.

4) Mentions the producers decision not to kill off Matthew Fox' character the first episode but states at least one of the major characters will perish by this season's finale.

5) Points out how in episode 2, Walt found a comic book with a Polar Bear and then they encounter and kill one later. Lindelof says "All I can say is, every prop is absolutely intentional." The comic book chronicles the superheroes' attack on an alien that turns out to be peaceful. Abrams says, "we definitely chose that story for a reason."

6) **SPOILER ALERT** In the Oct. 27th episode Korean speaking Sun will reveal that she speaks English and had actually intended to leave her domineering husband on the day of the crash. Nov. 3rd episode, Charlie will attempt to kick his drug habit with the help of Locke. Didnt say what episode but said Sayid will grow closer to learning the origins of the 16 year old French broadcast.

7) Brings up the speculation that the castaways are actually dead and living in some sort of purgatory. Abrams will neither confirm nor deny saying "I don't want to ruin any potential fun that people wil have tuning in.... but the theories are exactly the kinds of things I would be doing if I were a viewer."

8) In the Oct. 6th episode, the Austrailian man with the prosthetic arm turns Kate into a 'federal marshall'. It is pointed out that this is much like "The Fugitive" and that it is intentional. Lindelof says "that's our little wink, wink, nod, nod to 'The Fugitive'" and he promises viewers will learn more about Kate's crime this season. (my opinion is that this means she has been accused of or been found guilty of a crime she didnt commit - quick and easy assumption)

9) Charlie writing messages on the tape on his fingers was an idea created by the actor portraying him, Dominic Monaghan.

10) There may be a rhyme and reason to who survived the plane crash. Lindelof says, "these peoples' lives may have intertwined before they all got on that plane in ways that they themselves are not aware...... it gives complete purpose as to why we're telling two different stories, one that happened before the crash (through flashbacks) and one that happens after."

**Possible SPOILER** Additional note is that Charlie isn't going anywhere anytime soon because of his enormous success with the Lord of The Rings Trilogy. JJ Abrams (appears to be quoted) saying, "as long as Dominic comes out of hi strailer, he gets to stay on the island."
    Last edited by karen14; 10-20-2004 at 08:54 PM.

Thanks for that info Karen!

So how come Jack had to swim out and save Boone? I guess Boone's not much of a lifeguard.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Too cold to run away! Burntcrow's Avatar
    darn..I missed the first five minutes and someone is dead...a woman I believe.

Quick program update during the commercials: woman who drowned was a scuba-diver named Joanna, Jack is having flashbacks of getting beat up by the neighborhood bully as a child, he's also having hallucinations of his not-very-nice Dad, Shannon tried to get some sunscreen from Sawyer but he wanted $5000 for it, Sun wants to communicate more with the rest of the survivors but Jin says no, they've realized they have to start rationing the water, and Jack mentions the number of survivors now stands at 46.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Charlie and Hurley - the comic relief of Lost WOOOO!!!!

Nerds Just Wanna Have Fun Boredom's Avatar
    WOAH!!!!

This episode is amazing. I knew he was going to fall down and be close to the cliff, but dang... that was awesome how they did that.

I'm thinking it would be a better twist if his dad turned out to be in the jungle or a survivor instead of if he was just a figment of him imagination...

And when Walt yelled "the pregnant lady... she fell down!" I couldn't help but laugh whoever plays him is a really good actor.

Another flashback: Jack's overbearing Mom (Veronica Hamel) demands he fly to Australia to drag missing Dad back home, but Jack finds his hotel room empty, booze bottles in the drawers, and Dad has left his wallet there. Pregnant Claire faints and they can't give her any water as someone has stolen it all. Locke will search the jungle for a fresh water source. Jack falls over a cliff and hangs on by his fingernails. Yikes!

"wishes Hurley would eat Sawyer and be done with it."

Locke pulls Jack back up. He has found some fresh water and tells Jack this is a magical place. Sawyer is suspected as the water thief, and although he has a stash of all sorts of stuff in the jungle, he doesn't have the water. He gives Kate the marshall's badge. Charlie has a line from Strawberry Fields Forever tattooed on his left shoulder: "Living is easy with eyes closed". I don't know anything about Dominic Monaghan - is that his real-life tattoo?

Well......that flashback sure as hell added fuel to this whole Purgatory theory, eh...?

"GASP!!!" Jack found the tail end!! WHOOOO!!!!

Wow... Locke just made some sense right there

I'm starting to see Locke and Jack as our two protagonists... but they're protagonists at odds. If the survivors ever split up, I'd say that they'd each be leading one of them.

Woah! Jack goes psycho and the body isn't there? That is wiieeerrrddd....

Jack's dad was found dead in an alley by cops - Jack ID'd the body. Had a hard time convincing the airline authorities to load the coffin on the plane. Finds a waterfall in the jungle, which appears to be in the mouth of a cave. Also finds a child's doll, more debris from the plane, and Dad's empty coffin.

Squabbles break out at camp, Jack is forced to become the reluctant leader. They need to accept the fact they may not be rescued. Jack tells Kate his dad died. Michael gives Vincent some fresh water, which brings to mind a question: do dogs instinctively know enough not to drink sea water?

Too cold to run away! Burntcrow's Avatar
    Great show today, I still can't believe we were blessed with such a good show from ABC.

Yeah, it's kind of surreal isn't it?

Wooo! Woo! Woo!.....go Hurley!!!

Wow... those previews were amazing. Methinks that, if Jin dies before Michael and Sun, that those two will fall in lurve... I don't think Michael's gonna kill Jin, though... but why would Jin want to kill him? This episode must have some background on Jin and Sun...

JR.
    I really really hope it's not the purgatory thing. That would be such a cheesy cop-out.

I was having trouble seeing the tv because my daughter is taking up 3/4 of the living room with her science report....what did he find at the waterfall besides a doll and an empty coffin? Did the coffin look like it had opened during the crash or was it sealed and empty?
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread