+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lost - Season 1.

Quote Originally Posted by duckgirl
    Talking about who you don't want to die based on a spoiler is still a spoiler. Tags, everyone!

Hmmm, I thought that was more speculation and not spoiler- since no one knows for sure who is going to die. Nothing has been disclosed from what I can see, they are all just guessing aren't they?

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben
    The Claire episode, with Charlie hanging from the tree
    Locke looking into the eye of the island
    The premiere
    Hurley's story
    Sayid visits Danielle/ Sayid's story

PS thanks, Duckgirl

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Thanks to you FORT people even tho I was traveling and missed Hurley's episode I feel I have almost enough info to hang on until I can get the DVD!
    A couple of questions tho... so essentially simultaneously his mom broke her ankle, the house accidentally caught on fire, and he was (falsely) arrested for drug dealing? And why did they suspect him of that?

Additional info on John Locke the philosopher...his view of child development was that everyone starts with a blank slate and the environment/society/family writes on it. Very apropos of Lost's Locke view that everyone gets to remake themselves on the island.
    The original Rousseau was a competing phil. who believed that we are born with everything we need to know in us, and the environment should just get out of the way and let the flowers bloom. He didn't send his kids to school for example. Not sure how that relates to Danielle...

And for those asking why Hurley was on Korean TV earlier someone reported that the Korean words under his picture said something like [[pause while I look up how to spoil again!]] argh,, can't find it and I'm running out of time... well it is there somewhere if you surf back to the Jin threatening people episode comments! How can I get so rusty so quickly!
    Last edited by PWS; 03-09-2005 at 11:48 AM.

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by PWS
    Thanks to you FORT people even tho I was traveling and missed Hurley's episode I feel I have almost enough info to hang on until I can get the DVD!
    A couple of questions tho... so essentially simultaneously his mom broke her ankle, the house accidentally caught on fire, and he was (falsely) arrested for drug dealing? And why did they suspect him of that?
    Yes, his mom was getting out of the Hummer with a blindfold on and tripped on the curb, breaking her ankle. Hurley was helping her and then looked up and saw one of the rooms in the house was on fire. Just then cops pulled up and arrested him. Probably because he did not "fit in" to what the neighbourhood people looked like and, thus, had to be a drug dealer (of course :rolleyes ).
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by CCL
    Yes, his mom was getting out of the Hummer with a blindfold on and tripped on the curb, breaking her ankle. Hurley was helping her and then looked up and saw one of the rooms in the house was on fire. Just then cops pulled up and arrested him. Probably because he did not "fit in" to what the neighbourhood people looked like and, thus, had to be a drug dealer (of course :rolleyes ).
    Good grief!! I can see why people said it was funny even if sad! thanks

PWS, please spoil so we don't have to all the way back. Here's how you do it. [ spoiler] whatever you need to say. then [ / spoiler ] with no spaces.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Quote Originally Posted by PWS
    Additional info on John Locke the philosopher...his view of child development was that everyone starts with a blank slate and the environment/society/family writes on it. Very apropos of Lost's Locke view that everyone gets to remake themselves on the island.
    The original Rousseau was a competing phil. who believed that we are born with everything we need to know in us, and the environment should just get out of the way and let the flowers bloom. He didn't send his kids to school for example. Not sure how that relates to Danielle...

And for those asking why Hurley was on Korean TV earlier someone reported that the Korean words under his picture said something like [[pause while I look up how to spoil again!]] argh,, can't find it and I'm running out of time... well it is there somewhere if you surf back to the Jin threatening people episode comments! How can I get so rusty so quickly!
    Very nice tie-in to Locke the philosopher!

Re Rousseau, I couldn't come up with a connection to his philosophy either, but I remember reading that he was very paranoid and isolated and eventually went insane - and our girl Danielle is about as paranoid and isolated as you can get. (If we get a new character named Hobbes, then these names are definitely not a coincidence!)

I think I remember the post to which PWS is referring. It said there were Korean words/characters on the screen while Hurley was on TV and
    Click to see Spoiler:
    someone had translated them, and at least part of it (maybe there was more) said "Lottery winner."
    This was posted before the Hurley show.

FORT Fogey
    http://entertainment.iwon.com/celebg...09_2005_2.html

Lost's Wizard of Oz
    by Angel Cohn

TVGuide.com: Are you surprised Lost became such a hit?
    Harold Perrineau: After we read the pilot [script], we all kept saying, "This is really good, right? Am I crazy? This is good." When it took off, we were all really excited about it and sort of surprised, I guess.

TVG: Did J.J. Abrams include a wheelchair in your backstory because you'd used one on Oz?
    Perrineau: [Laughs] We don't know what goes on in the heads of our writers. But I certainly doubt that they worked the wheelchair thing in for me. I thought it was funny, though.

TVG: At least you knew what you were doing.
    Perrineau: Yeah. Exactly. I remember being on the set that day going, "This is really weird. I'm in a wheelchair, but none of you people are usually here."

TVG: This could spawn one of those conspiracy theories.
    Perrineau: It could, like [the castaways] really landed in prison.

TVG: What's your favorite out-there theory about Lost? Got one of your own?
    Perrineau: I actually love the purgatory one because that leaves a lot of room for crazy stuff to happen. That is an odd and interesting idea. Mine is more general I think it's some sort of government conspiracy. Like [it's] a hidden island; they know we are there, but they won't come and get us.

TVG: Interesting. What have they told you that we don't know?
    Perrineau: They don't tell us anything. [Not] a thing! That makes it sometimes really difficult. Sometimes you get the scripts and you are like, "What? Oh, OK."

TVG: Have you bonded with Malcolm David Kelley, who plays your on-screen son Walt?
    Perrineau: No, I hate him. He's terrible. He's the worst. [Laughs] No, I love Malcolm. He's my buddy. He's really charismatic, smart and funny and open. If you don't bond with Malcolm, it would be really weird, because he's such a great kid.

TVG: Is it strange that at 12, he's the only kid on your set?
    Perrineau: It's a little weird because sometimes adult conversation gets a little carried away and we turn around and its like, "Oh, god, sorry." But he also loves it. He's a special one. If he is there, all the attention turns to him.

TVG: There is that old cautionary saying about working with kids and animals.
    Perrineau: I've got them both [on the show]. It is not about me ever. [Laughs]

TVG: Will there be another Michaelcentric episode this season?
    Perrineau: I don't think so. Not so far. Maybe next season we'll start more Michaelcentric stuff. That's a really cool [word]. "Michaelcentric."

TVG: Thanks, but we want to know more about him!
    Perrineau: Me, too! It would be really helpful. But what we have now is pretty cool. It almost doesn't matter who he was before. What I'm doing right now is getting off this island.

TVG: The show is so multicultural without ever being stereotypical. Did that attract you to the part?
    Perrineau: That is absolutely appealing. When I first got the job, I was fascinated by it. When I started talking to the writers, I didn't even have to say to them, "Can we not do the black-guy story?" Because every time there is a story about a black guy, it is about him being black, and there are issues because he's a black guy. They were talking to me before I even opened my mouth. It has really been spectacular. When the issue does come up, and sometimes it does, it's addressed and handled really well. I really love that. I loved being on Oz and that was pretty multicultural, but at the end of the day, a lot of people were like, "Yeah, but it is a bunch of black dudes in jail." So that felt like defeating the purpose.

TVG: Would you like to see Michael have a romance?
    Perrineau: That'd be nice. Everyone else is getting some kissing and stuff like that. I thought there was going to be something with Sun, but I don't know if they are going to keep developing it or not I certainly hope so. It would be interesting to see how [they'd] handle that with a kid who just lost his mother. There is no sneaking around on an island. So what do you do when you start to feel something for someone? That would be something interesting to explore.

Thanks for the article, Justafan! Hmmmm.... he thinks there will be more Michael episodes NEXT SEASON. So (speculation here) he is not the character they will kill off. UNLESS they don't know yet which character will be gone next year. Also interesting that he too thinks there should or could be a romance developing between Michael and Sun.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl
    PWS, please spoil so we don't have to all the way back. Here's how you do it. [ spoiler] whatever you need to say. then [ / spoiler ] with no spaces.
    Thanks, Nilesgirl--I knew it was something like that, but after I got timed out once and had to retype I gave up. Chach has covered what I recalled tho, nothing else to add.

+ Reply to Thread