+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lost - Season 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Justafan1
    and showed up, mysteriously, on Korean TV during a flashback in last week's episode.

Yeah... Why would he appear on Korean tv just for winning the lottery? Must be something else, right?
    "You better shut your mouth when you're talkin' to me!"

The broccoli must die!!! Canada Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Terena79
    Yeah... Why would he appear on Korean tv just for winning the lottery? Must be something else, right?
    Well $156 Million IS a lot of money. And besides, maybe they had satellite.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl
    I love reading all your observations and speculation. I came on this bandwagon a little later than a lot of you, so my brother sent me a tape of the first 5 episodes I missed. Maybe after watching that I'll have more to contribute to this discussion. In the meantime, it's fun just to lurk in here.
    Be sure to watch episode 4, "Walkabout", about Locke. Probably (one of, if not) the best episode yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Reality tv fan
    Hmmmm...didn't Hurley mention in a previous episode that he was known something like a ''warrior'' back home.....I don't know how it ties in with what they showed of his backstory...but I'm guessing we will have to wait for another Hurley back story to find out what it meant for him in his life.
    Maybe Hurley was also a patient in the crazy house for thinking he was some sort of ancient warrior or something???
    I didn't think they explained how exactly Hurley would know someone in the asylum, I dont think he would have been an employee because you'd think he would have know the guy with the numbers last name from his chart.

I don't think there was any doubt that Hurley was a patient in the hospital. As mentioned - the comment about "after all I've put them through", vegging at his mom's with no job or social life, knowing the other patient, the orderly's comment that he didn't remember Hurley being that close to the numbers patient, but especially Hurley's sensitivity to anyone calling him crazy or any of the many synonyms used. I don't remember hearing Hurley speak Spanish on the show before, but after they showed him speaking it at home, someone on the island asked him what's wrong and he said, "nada".
    Count your blessings!

I wonder if Hurley was on the Korean TV from his drug dealing arrest.
    Didn't his account mention something about him getting a settlement fromt he city because of it. Here Hurley was a large lottery winner, getting accused of being a drug dealer and then getting a settlement from it. Could casue international news.

Lucy and Kevin...so cute! Reality tv fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada Ranger
    Well $156 Million IS a lot of money. And besides, maybe they had satellite.
    yep, anything is possible...I can't wait for more of Hurley's backstory.....

Quote Originally Posted by march
    Didn't his account mention something about him getting a settlement fromt he city because of it. Here Hurley was a large lottery winner, getting accused of being a drug dealer and then getting a settlement from it. Could casue international news.
    If I remember correctly, there were Korean words/characters in a graphic on the screen when Hurley was on TV. So they wouldn't have been watching a US network on satellite. It was probably a local, Korean station.

But, as march states, the whole story where a lottery winner gets falsely arrested and then gets a big settlement is the type that could make international news (to show how wacky the US is, if nothing else).

And who knows, maybe Hurley took a trip to Korea (or somewhere else in Asia) before heading to Australia, and having an American mega-lottery winner (who had gone through the whole arrest/settlement situation) nearby became local news.

Or, maybe he was in the process of out-sourcing the labor for his box company to Korea. That would be news-worthy. It would be cheaper there than in Tustin. You gotta watch that bottom line. OK, I'll stop now.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter
    Welcome SnowFlakeGirl! We have noses like bloodhounds in here - and good imaginations, too. Since the thread is so long, if you have questions about whether something's been covered, feel free to pm me.
    Thanks, Gutmutter! I'm having fun catching up on this thread, you guys have some scintillating hypotheses.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada Ranger
    Be sure to watch episode 4, "Walkabout", about Locke. Probably (one of, if not) the best episode yet.
    That's the first episode I saw, in fact--but not in order, it was one of the encore presentations, because I didn't start watching religiously every week until later than ep. 4--and it really made such an impression on me that I felt like slapping myself in the forehead for not watching sooner. I loved Locke's story, it was so moving, and the structure of the writing was brilliant. That is also my favorite episode of the season so far.
    Last edited by SnowflakeGirl; 03-07-2005 at 09:47 PM.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by march
    He was falsley arrested- accused of being a drug dealer. He wasn't actually a drug dealer...
    You've got to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince!

Lucy and Kevin...so cute! Reality tv fan's Avatar
    So far my favorite episode had been Claire's and Hurleys.

+ Reply to Thread