+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lost - Season 1.

Hey, question. And I'm sure this has already been answered. If Hurley's real name is Hugo Reyes, why does everyone call him Hurley? I mean we know why we call Sawyer "Sawyer". Because he did something wrong and took the name of the man who killed his parents. So where did the nickname Hurley come from? Just curious.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl
    Hey, question. And I'm sure this has already been answered. If Hurley's real name is Hugo Reyes, why does everyone call him Hurley? I mean we know why we call Sawyer "Sawyer". Because he did something wrong and took the name of the man who killed his parents. So where did the nickname Hurley come from? Just curious.
    I think he actually used it himself in the psych ward scene (or maybe a different flashback - I remember hearing it - I think it was when he was talking the Connect Four guy.)
    "Nothing intoxicates some people like a sip of authority."

FORT Newbie

did the math

uh oh. did the math. 8+15=23 and 4+15+23=42
    leaving 16 as the odd (even) number out.

CCL
    Kate is from Canada, right? (She told that to the Australian farmer).
    Hurley's accountant told him he owned a shoe company in Canada that had burned down, killing 8 people. Admittedly, it is not as much of a connection as the Tustin box company, but maybe Kate was involved in the fire somehow?
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada Ranger
    Wow, good move by the execs to have the 6-week break start with the airing of "Numbers". It gives the fans time to come up with EVEN MORE theories about the show!
    Don't you just love it! I also seem to remember reading (I think in TV Guide) that JJ decided to delete a scene from last nights episode, because he felt it revealed to many clues as to how they all ended up on the plane/island. He thought viewers would be able to figure it all out. I am so glad they didn't give it away, I love the specualtion!

Quote Originally Posted by justafan1
    If the producers are smart (and the writers are BRILLIANT!) they would come to FORT for new ideas!
    JJ also said that after his reading some of the online post boards he was really surprised at how intuitive viewers are, and that it was scary how close to the truth the posts are.
    So, maybe they are lurking!

The broccoli must die!!! Canada Champ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by logo
    uh oh. did the math. 8+15=23 and 4+15+23=42
    leaving 16 as the odd (even) number out.
    Well 16 could be the overall connecting number, being as it was 16 years ago that Frenchie first got "Lost" on the island.

I'm pretty sure I read that Hurley was short for Hercules, but I don't remember why he was called Hercules. It make sense though...Hurley/Hurcules.

Quote Originally Posted by jette66
    I'm pretty sure I read that Hurley was short for Hercules, but I don't remember why he was called Hercules. It make sense though...Hurley/Hurcules.
    Thanks for the info. I was confused there for a minute.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Now there's a writer out there using the name Hercules who does a lot of interviews with JJ Abrams and LOST actors, but that's the only Hercules/Hurley connection I could dig up.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

I believe it's because he has a weak stomach which causes him to "hurl". Remember the scene on the beach where Jin gives him something to eat, which he does, and then promptly throws up? Plus, Jorge Garcia uses "ThinkImGonnaHurley" as his online username.

So next week they will rerun episode 11, "All the Best Cowboys Have Daddy Issues". (A Jack episode) Does anyone have any info on which other episodes they may be showing us during the hiatus?
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

+ Reply to Thread