Charlie Pace
    Hugo Reyes
    Claire Littleton
    John Locke
    Jin-Soo Kwon
    (I would assume) Sun Kwon
    Michael Russell (?)
    James "Sawyer"
    Ethan Rom (not much significance now, though, huh?)
    (Walt's step dad: Brian Porter, Walt's mom: Susan Lloyd)
    Danielle Rousseau (French lady)

Anyone remember what Boone & Shannon's last names were? I know they're not the same name, but I couldn't find either. Haven't heard Sayid's either. And who KNOWS with Kate-- she's lied about her name so many times, it may not even be Kate!

I loved the show last night! Lost just keeps getting better. I did catch it that Hurley owns Locke's box company, which I think is cool. I also thought Hurley's "She says 'Hey'" line was a classic.

One thing that I've wanted to mention, and I haven't seen it in this thread but probably haven't read all 140+ pages, is that Locke's name, John Locke, is the same as that of a very prominent 17th century British philosopher. I have always thought that this can't be a coincidence.

I studied Locke (the philosopher, not the guy on the island) in college and see somewhat of a connection to our Locke, in that he is a wise, philosophical guy who is seeking the "truth." (That could apply to a lot of things he's said or done, but after last night's show, I'm thinking specifically of his interest in the hatch. Locke seemed to know that there are answers in there.) Locke the philosopher didn't work at a box company, however.

If anyone wants to know more about the original John Locke, I found a link that has some good info. In a nutshell, he is basically the father of modern democracy and was a huge influence on the founding fathers of the good ol' U.S. of A.

John Locke Info

ETA: Oh, and I almost forgot another philosophical "coincidence" I wanted to mention. Danielle Rousseau, the "French chick," shares the same last name as Jean-Jacques Rousseau, who was a French philosopher and another influence on our founding fathers. The interesting part is that Rousseau was a very tortured man who became very paranoid in his later years and went insane before he died.
    Last edited by Chach; 03-03-2005 at 01:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JulyMeg
    Just thought I'd go back and compile the list of complete names we have:

Jack Shepherd
    Charlie Pace
    Hugo Reyes
    Claire Littleton
    John Locke
    Jin-Soo Kwon
    (I would assume) Sun Kwon
    Michael Russell (?)
    James "Sawyer"
    Ethan Rom (not much significance now, though, huh?)
    (Walt's step dad: Brian Porter, Walt's mom: Susan Lloyd)
    Danielle Rousseau (French lady)

Anyone remember what Boone & Shannon's last names were? I know they're not the same name, but I couldn't find either. Haven't heard Sayid's either. And who KNOWS with Kate-- she's lied about her name so many times, it may not even be Kate!
    Thanks for the info Julymeg. I will do some work and see what I can come up with.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Got this from the Lost-tv.com forums...

4 + 8 + 16 + 32 = 60
    15...1 + 5 = 6
    42...4 + 2 = 6

60...6...6...or....666

Re the numbers, how many people were stranded on the island? How many people died? Do those numbers tie in at all?

Quote Originally Posted by lambikins
    Qboots: I've not taped the earlier shows, so I can't watch Locke's episode. What anvil was dropped last night, that indicated that Hurley owned most of Locke's employer's box company? In Locke's show, did they prominently display the name of the company, so it was an easy connection? I love that you caught that fact, but what was the process?
    I think that not having the specific information spoon-fed to viewers is what makes the series both interesting and well-written. The writers didn't give a box company name, but just casually dropped in information that would lead the viewers to assume a connection between Locke and Hurley. I think the show would end up way too campy if all of the details were pointed out so that even the least observant or puzzle-minded viewer would notice them. For example, the directors could have panned over to the tv news report with Hurley on it and focused on it specifically in scene with Jin at the house, but instead they just kept it as an out-of-the-corner-of-your-eye piece that many people missed - great for people who like a challenge - not so great for people who like plot information out in the open.
    "Nothing intoxicates some people like a sip of authority."

Quote Originally Posted by Chach
    Re the numbers, how many people were stranded on the island? How many people died? Do those numbers tie in at all?
    48 people in the crash. So far there was a woman who drowned to death and then Ethan killed some other guy. Which brings the total now down to 46. I don't think any others have died yet. Ethan doesn't count because he was not on the original flight manifest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twiddler
    Got this from the Lost-tv.com forums...

4 + 8 + 16 + 32 = 60
    15...1 + 5 = 6
    42...4 + 2 = 6

60...6...6...or....666
    Wow. I never even thought of that!!! Woa.
    The only thing is it's 23 not 32 but even then, I did the math:
    4+8+16+23=51 5+1=6
    15...1+5=6
    42...4+2=6 666. Wow! That's creepy.
    Last edited by nilesgirl; 03-03-2005 at 02:08 PM.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl
    48 people in the crash. So far there was a woman who drowned to death and then Ethan killed some other guy. Which brings the total now down to 46. I don't think any others have died yet. Ethan doesn't count because he was not on the original flight manifest.
    Don't forget the guy who went flying into the plane engine thing in the first episode....that makes 45

Quote Originally Posted by JulyMeg
    4,8,15,16,23,42 --- We've seen 4 a bunch of times, 815 was the flight number, 16 is the number of years Danielle has been there... hmm, 23 & 42... haven't seen those yet, have we?
    Don't you just LOVE college students?! Thanks, Chach, for the nice link and education on the original John Locke!

Back to the Numbers Game: Old John Locke was born on August 8 in the year 1632, a transposed number of 32.

I wonder how well read and educated the writers and producer of this show are? It appears to be a literary "dream" of a show!
    Last edited by lambikins; 03-03-2005 at 02:12 PM.
    Still crazy, after all these shears

"lambikins, put the crack pipe down and back away from the keyboard." Unklescott

"lambikins... I have come to the conclusion that you are the Jedi Master of the Kitchen on FORT!" SuperBrat

Quote Originally Posted by Twiddler
    Don't forget the guy who went flying into the plane engine thing in the first episode....that makes 45
    Oh yeah. And does the pilot count? The one that got eaten by that thing?
    If so, it's 44

+ Reply to Thread