+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lost - Season 1.

Where did that woman say Leonard and her husband were stationed when they heard the numbers? Can't be too far from the island I'd think..
    "You better shut your mouth when you're talkin' to me!"

One thought I had was how the Island seems to give people new beginnings . . .and could it be that Hurley's "new beginning" is that the curse is no longer in effect for him (or for others around him)? I mean, I haven't really noticed a barrage of bad things happening around him SINCE the crash . . . . quite the opposite actually, as he tends to bring lightheartedness and fun things to everyone (i.e., the golf course).
    I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's like OCD except that the letters are in alphabetical order like they should be!

FORT Fan
    Loved the "She said hey" comment. That was classic!

I didn't catch the connection to Locke's box company. I did catch Hurley's appearance on tv the other week though. I was proud of that!! Though I attribute it to my time here at FORT - you'all have taught me to look at the small clues.

Speaking of which, did anyone catch the title of the book Sawyer was reading? I slow motioned through it many times, but just couldn't catch it.

Six weeks is a long time to wait. Major bummer!

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben
    what was Kate's mugshot number ?

I'm not sure if we will see anymore connection between the castaways and those numbers. All it takes is one person with a curse to ruin everyone's plane ride.
    Last edited by SQUATMAN; 03-03-2005 at 09:21 AM.

4,8,15,16,23,42 --- We've seen 4 a bunch of times, 815 was the flight number, 16 is the number of years Danielle has been there... hmm, 23 & 42... haven't seen those yet, have we?

(Kate's mug shot numbers were 555-0198 for the fax # and 937483 for the fax tracking #, so not much help there...)

Obviously numbers are very important to this show... something that keeps ringing in my head is numerology, but I can't seem to come up with anything significant. Anyone else?
    Last edited by JulyMeg; 03-03-2005 at 10:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bethew2000
    Speaking of which, did anyone catch the title of the book Sawyer was reading? I slow motioned through it many times, but just couldn't catch it.
    bethew, I paused it on my tape at just the right spot. Sawyer was reading "A Wrinkle In Time". Which I've never read so I don't know if there's a contrast here or not.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl
    bethew, I paused it on my tape at just the right spot. Sawyer was reading "A Wrinkle In Time". Which I've never read so I don't know if there's a contrast here or not.
    Well, I found this...

Meg Murry, her little brother Charles Wallace, and her friend Calvin O'Keefe embark on a mystical journey through time and space in search of Mr. Murry. He's been missing for over a year now, and all the family knows is that he was working for the government experimenting with time travel at the time of his disappearance. The journey begins with a mysterious visitor to the Murry house during a violent storm. She introduces herself as Mrs. Whatsit, and says that she was "caught in a downdraft and blown off course." The next day, Mrs. Whatsit and her two friends, Mrs. Who and Mrs. Which, inform the children of what they will encounter. Throughout their journey, the children must be in constant battle against evil forces, always on the look-out so as not to succumb to the dark side. The battles culminate with a confrontation with IT, the evil brain that controls Camazotz, the planet on which Mr. Murry has been held prisoner.

I found something very very similiar but you've pretty much got it. I'm not sure how to do numerology, so... I thought at first it was coinciding with letters of the alphabet. Now, if you seperate the number 42 to get 4 & 2 These are the letters (And I know this is silly but hear me out.) DHOPWDB. Now, switch the H and the O and the P and the W and turn it into an acronym. Death Only Happens When People Don't Believe. (?) Call me a nut, if you want but that's the only thing that I could come up with.... Wait don't switch the letters. Death Hovers Over People When Day Breaks? So maybe whoever was saying the numbers originally was trying to say 4 2 but it was transmitted as 42.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl

It is a great book, there are several in the series. There is a recent tv movie made of the book too.

Okay. I don't know if this means anything but the only numbers we couldn't match any significance to were 23 and 42. I just checked something and Emilie de Ravin (Claire) is 23. Now in numerology, you usually add double digits together to get 1 digit. So 15, 16, 23, 42 would actually be: 1+5=6; 1+6=7; 2+3=5; and 4+2=6. I don't know about the other people on the island but this doesn't help with the 2 people for whom we know first and last names (Hurley and Locke). I don't think we know last names for anyone else. (Jack, Claire, Michael & Walt, We don't know Sawyer's real name, Charlie, Shannon & Boone, and of course Sayid, oh, and Kate.) If someone can find out what their last names are, I can try to figure out their chart. There may be some significance there. Oh I forgot Sun and Jin.

+ Reply to Thread