+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lost - Season 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine62923
    4,815,162,342, huh? WOW! Good ol' 815...
    Yeah, I noticed that too. 4 is also a number that reoccurs in a lot of JJ Abrams shows (Leonard playing Connect Four, Sam killed himself 4 years ago, Locke was in a wheelchair for 4 years.) I'm trying to figure out if there's a signifigance to 162 or 342.

I also forgot to mention that even though Danielle has apparently moved, Sayid found the photo of Nadia that he left at her digs.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

FORT Regular
    V. interesting indeed! I'm sure we'll find out how the other numbers tie in also.

I'm just glad that the numeric sequences that I like to identify with are not in that grouping...

Gosh - I love this show!
    "Anyone who has a continuous smile on his face conceals a toughness that is almost frightening." - Greta Garbo

It is probably on a break because of spring breaks and viewers being gone and March Madness,, I will have April madness for sure waiting for the show to start again.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Understood
    It is probably on a break because of spring breaks and viewers being gone and March Madness,, I will have April madness for sure waiting for the show to start again.
    Well, the season was originally going to only be 10 episodes, then ABC ordered 12 more, then another and then another, bringing the total to 24. I think they just need some downtime to play catch-up. The writers haven't finished writing the last couple scripts yet.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    Yeah, I noticed that too. 4 is also a number that reoccurs in a lot of JJ Abrams shows (Leonard playing Connect Four, Sam killed himself 4 years ago, Locke was in a wheelchair for 4 years.)
    For what it's worth - the number four is considered unlucky by the Chinese and Japanese, because it sounds like the word "death" in those languages.
    "Nothing intoxicates some people like a sip of authority."

Well, the season was originally going to only be 10 episodes, then ABC ordered 12 more, then another and then another, bringing the total to 24. I think they just need some downtime to play catch-up. The writers haven't finished writing the last couple scripts yet.
    I think they also have some new shows in the works and we may see those slip into the Lost time slot temporarily; hoping Lost viewers will tune in to the regular time, and then just stay for the new show.

Somewhere in the beginning of the show, maybe after the 2nd or 3rd episode; I remember reading in a TV Guide issue that featured Kate and Jack's photo on front, that the network had just renegotiated new contracts for Kate and Jack to appear for the entire season. At the time I thought, "Oh it must be that they are the lead characters". Does anyone else remember, who else was resigned?

If they're going to be showing re-runs for the next six weeks, does anyone know if that means they'll be filming new episodes during that time period? I ask, because I leave for Hawaii on Sunday (the 6th...that wasn't one of Hurley's number's right?...LOL) and plan on taking a drive up to the North Shore to see if I can scope out any of the Lost ones. Who knows...maybe I'll run into one of the cast members where all the locals hang out.
    Last edited by jette66; 03-03-2005 at 02:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jette66
    If they're going to be showing re-runs for the next six weeks, does anyone know if they'll be filming new episodes during those six weeks? I ask, because I leave for Hawaii on Sunday (the 6th) and plan on taking a drive up to the North Shore. Who knows...maybe I'll run into one of the cast members where all the locals hang out.
    If you meet Jorge and feel the need to give him my cell number... Mahalo nui loa!! (One of my clients is native Hawaiian, but he only brings me macadamia nut chocolates.)
    Last edited by kcfemmefatale; 03-03-2005 at 02:28 AM.
    "Nothing intoxicates some people like a sip of authority."

He's the majority stock-holder in Locke's box company in Tustin!.
    Is this the first time they actually said where Locke's company is? When I was in college, I worked for a service that cleaned aquariums at various businesses. One of my clients was (I swear) a box company in Tustin!

So what is happening to Hurley's money? Is his mother still alive? When he told Charlie how much he was worth, I just imagined greedy relatives descending for their share of the loot when he's reported missing.

At this point, I don't want anyone to die! Except the person in charge of programming at ABC who is making us wait 6 weeks for the next episode! :phhht
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

My first actual tears moment in Lost - Locke giving Claire the cradle and saying Happy Birthday. Once again he pulls someone from the brink. She had been sitting in the same spot obsessing about her lost memory for days. I love how he had her focus on two specific things, "Can you hold a saw? Can you move your arm back and forth like this?". I also loved Hurley's huge bear hug for Danielle. Think about it - her first real human interaction. Her little scene caressing Sayid wasn't reciprocated. I was thinking, "Here's a match - 2 crazy folks." Interesting all the different words they used for "crazy" in the episode. Did anyone else notice? I don't think they used the same one twice. When I read the spoilers (I have no self control) I thought the things going wrong after he won were normal things like relatives fighting over his money. I also wondered how long he has to be missing before he will be presumed dead and money dispersed. Will his not being there to sign things be an issue? I think Locke should take him on next. Shame on Charlie for not even giving him the benefit of the doubt for a few seconds.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread