+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lost - Season 1.

Nerds Just Wanna Have Fun Boredom's Avatar
    Ok, so he found this guy whose name was Lenoard (I'm guessing the guy that fell somewhere) and he went up to talk to him, and he was in a psych ward... it appeared that the guy was just mumbling stuff at first, but then, when Hurley got up close to him, it was very obvious that the guy was mumbling the numbers of the lottery that Hurley won... this is all quite freaky. And yet, some parts are very, very funny

Michael & Walt think Sawyer should help build the raft if he's going on it. Sun and Kate talk about Jin, wonder if he plans on leaving on the raft as well.

Flashback shows Leonard telling Hurley he's "opened the box" and has to get far away from the numbers or "it won't stop". Says he got the numbers from a guy named Sam in Kalgoorlie Australia. Hurley goes there to see Sam's wife. Sam and Leonard were stationed in the Pacific monitoring long wave transmissions, mostly static until 16 years ago they heard a transmission repeating those 6 numbers. Sam used the numbers to win a prize at a fair and was cursed ever since, until he blew his own head off.

Locke made glue out of rendered animal fat. Claire thinks they're building a trap.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

I am enjoying this episode. I wonder how many people will use these numbers for the lotto now.. I guess Hurley isn't showing much fear & wasn't afraid to go on the trek alone because he probably thinks he is nearly invincible now.

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben
    what did Hurley have to give her for the....forget it, I don't want to know.

The 4 guys come to a rope bridge. Hurley makes it across, then Charlie, but it breaks, leaving Jack & Sayid on the other side. Charlie & Hurley continue on, until Danielle starts shooting at them. She holds Hurley at gunpoint, Charlie runs off.

Jack accidentally trips an explosion, but no one is hurt. Danielle's hideout is empty - she has vacated.

Hurley demands answers about the numbers. Danielle says her ship changed course when they heard the transmission with the numbers. Then they crashed, but found a radio tower near the black rock. When she agrees the numbers are cursed, Hurley gives her a big hug, and she gives him a battery.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Locke appears to be building a crib or bassonete. (sp?)

ETA: It was a cradle. And next week is the rerun where Ethan takes Claire and Charlie.. I thought Ethan was killed..
    Last edited by karen14; 03-02-2005 at 09:03 PM.

Locke asks Claire if she's thought of a name for her baby. She tells him that today is her birthday. He gives her the thing they were building: a cradle.

Charlie wants the real story behind Hurley's search for Danielle. Hurley says that bad stuff always happens to people around him, like the plane crash. Charlie tells him that when the plane went down he was in the bathroom snorting heroin. And that wasn't Hurley's fault - he can't blame himself for everything bad that happens around him. Hurley finally confesses that he's worth $156 million. Charlie says "OK then, don't tell me!"

Last shot is a close-up of the edge of the hatch where Locke & Boone have been digging: it's got the numbers etched into it!
    Last edited by Qboots; 03-02-2005 at 09:03 PM.

And there's no previews for next week since we're beginning the 6-week drought!

stuck on an island with creepy ferret faced Ben
    so that is confirmed? 6 weeks? April 13th or 20th?

13th as far as I know.

Couple of good lines from Hurley tonight. When he first finds the cable on the beach and starts following it into the jungle he calls out, "Yo! French chick!"

And after he rejoins the other guys and gives them the battery, he looks at Sayid and tells him: "She says 'Hey'."

+ Reply to Thread