+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lost - Season 1.

The broccoli must die!!! Canada Champ's Avatar
    Well if you think about it, it makes sense. There's only 24 episodes in the season, and the season started September 22nd. It will end probably in the middle of May. That means that they will have had to cover around 35 weeks! That means they have 11 episode slots to fill. They cant do something like air 3 new eps, and then 1 rerun, then 3 new eps and 1 rerun, etc., because the casual fan would be 'lost' trying to separate the new eps from the reruns. So they have to have the extended rerun-run.

CCL
    Some more spoilers from Kristin at Eonline:

Click to see Spoiler:
    From beakernx01: Are Walt and Claire's baby yin and yang, good and evil, Ernie and Bert?
    That is an interesting theory, my friend! I can only tell you this: When the big castmember dies off, Claire's baby is born--and Jack is not the one to deliver it.

From flowergirl4689: Can you give a girl one more hint about the death on Lost? I've had a rough day.
    For you, anything. Read only if you want to know: The ultimate reason for his death is the ultimate betrayal from someone he believes to be his trusted ally.

From showextra1: There has been plenty of speculation that Hurley is the Lost character who dies. Is this near correct?
    I can't say! But I will say that when I say big character, it is not, as some of you thought, a reference to anyone's size.

Also, the hatch is apparently connected in some way to Hurley's lottery numbers. !?!

The link: http://www.eonline.com/Gossip/Kristi...5/050228d.html
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar
    I don't entirely mind the haitus, I like watching the reruns because I came to the series late, and even rewatching the episodes i've seen before, I always catch some subtle thing I missed before.
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

Quote Originally Posted by CCL
    Some more spoilers from Kristin at Eonline:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    From flowergirl4689: Can you give a girl one more hint about the death on Lost? I've had a rough day.
    For you, anything. Read only if you want to know: The ultimate reason for his death is the ultimate betrayal from someone he believes to be his trusted ally.
    Thanks for the hints CCL.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I'm especially interested in the one about trust. It seems to me that most of the castaways have big trust issues so far, so that hint may really narrow it down. I think Boone trusts Locke implicitly, but I can't really see Locke betraying anyone. I think Charlie really trusts Claire, and she could possibly betray him - she's been acting pretty weird lately, and so far she has kept the psychic's predictions to herself. Maybe Charlie delivers the demon child and then tries to bond with it, and dies as a result. (She's supposed to raise it alone, right?) This hint makes me think it has to be either Charlie or Boone that buys the farm.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

I want to point out that the psychic never said Claire's baby was evil. His face showed fear and revuslion when looking into Claire's future, but he never said, "Get rid of the baby", he told her the baby needed her protection. Who trusts who? Walt trusts his dad and Locke. Kate seems to trust Sawyer and Jack. A lot of people trust Locke. Charlie trusts just about everyone (li'l sweetie), Sawyer doesn't trust anyone (except maybe Kate?) Jin and Sun are autonomous at this point. Hurley trusts just about everyone. Claire doesn't trust anyone (per the psychic). Who am I leaving out? Who does Jack trust? Sayid trusts Shannon and vice versa.
    Count your blessings!

I'm kidding about the baby Gutmutter!

And I think you may be confusing "trusting" someone with "liking" them. I think Walt does trust Locke, but not Michael. He wouldn't have burned the raft if he trusted that Michael was doing what was best for them. Kate doesn't trust anybody. She lies to people constantly, about such stupid things as a toy plane. Charlie doesn't trust the group, he secretly followed them into the woods to kill Ethan, whom the group had decided to keep alive. Hurley's a very good-natured person, but trust? He went around checking names off the manifest because he's full of trust? He knows Kate is a fugitive and was not happy about her having a gun, and he tried to trick Jin into speaking English. No, I'm not feeling a lot of trust from Hurley. Sayid and Shannon would like to trust each other, but it's too soon yet. Sayid was ready to "break up" with her after only a few words from Boone. Sun and Jin used to trust each other, and may again, but not right now. And Jack keeping that key around his neck is a sure sign he doesn't trust anybody.

ETA: I just remembered, I was watching a really bad made-for-TV movie yesterday, called Code 11-14. It involved a plane, Oceanic flight #816 from Sydney to LA. (Our beloved flight is, of course, #815.)
    Last edited by Qboots; 03-01-2005 at 06:52 AM.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Ok, Qboots. You've got me. Nobody trusts anybody but Locke. Ha!
    Count your blessings!

I hate when shows go on hiatus.

That is all.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Click to see Spoiler:
    I hope it's Boone that dies and not Charlie. I love Charlie.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Quote Originally Posted by SQUATMAN
    Just saw the preview- tomorrow, Robin Roberts will show a segment she taped on the set of LOST. They showed Kate, Sawyer, Charlie, Jack, HURLEY ....

Unfortunately, the GMA site has no info

in case they update later today:
    http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/
    Well, there is a little clip on there... mostly just about the behind-the-scenes crew. One REALLY weird thing was to hear Daniel Dae Kim (Jin) speaking English!! wooo! Check it out!

+ Reply to Thread